Ship interior "trial run"

Like walking down the hangar every time never gets old?
Yes, it does get annoying because of issues with anti-aliasing and overall bad performance. If it was stable 60fpx without shuttering, it would never get old.

It could make even more fun if provided minimum amount of interactivity - a couple of workers spreading some gossips while maintaining your ship, some random events like a piece of engineering materials forgotten by random NPC player to pick up, random tourist asking to deliver him somewhere (if your ship is equipped with cabins) etc.

As a stop-gap, I would be fine with something like this in ships:
Futurama-Opening-Sequence-Credits-907517459.jpg

Go to an elevator door in your ship, select where you want to go and then see a cool animation that ends with you at your destination, like; outside, captain's quarters, engineering room, multiple viewports, gunner room, SRV/SLF, passenger cabins, or corridor to multiple rooms etc... Actually, it might not be a bad system to get around a cramped space without having to have wide walkways all through your ship, or (eventually) do both so there's a compromise between those who want to fast travel and those who want to take the leisurely walk? Could work, no?

Go to an elevator door in your ship, select where you want to go and then see a cool animation that ends with you at your destination...
I had similar idea using the elevator concept used in stations and fleet carrier, which players don't seem to have issue with. For entering/exiting the ship It functions exactly the same as the fade-to-black except we stand in a yellow canister instead. Its an okay transition and allows for variable data loading time. Similar to using the SRV could get away without even showing any cockpit animation and most players wouldn't have noticed or cared. Already used to the SRV.

The ship could have dropped an elevator canister down onto a planet surface smilar to the SRV. The elevator includes power and O2 which explains how we suddenly get replenished without entering the ship. The elevator gets treated similar to the SRV for entering/exiting the ship. Which most players accept as ok.

Last edited:
1 minute 47 seconds...

No, that's far too short of a time from where you are to where you want to be...needs to be at least 5 minutes...space hallways are big....

But seriously, the walk/run to the elevator is long enough and when you get there your soul is soothed by the elevator music...

And I have no issues with the Blue Transporter Cylinder of Shame...it has functionality (suit recharge, item transfer and consumables reload)...

I will add my subscription here, Of course only to add is Galley and some small details, we will have beacons as: Cockpit and Exit. Still fine, available only in landed-state.

Back
Top Bottom