Ship Overhaul!

Disclaimer: This is not at all what I expect to see in the game, just what I wish for in a hypothetical future update aftre Odyssey. So, don't take it seriously, plox.

We spend >90% of our time playing Elite: Dangerous in our ships; why do they feel so bland?
What might help:
  • A few new ships of equal performance with præextisting ones. This way, players would have more of an 'option' to choose a ship based more on its looks rather than performance. Would give the progression a tad more depth. (Mandatory Zorgon Peterson Panther Clipper XL and Mamba Light mention.)
  • HUD appearance differences between ships. Is it not strange how there are 38 ships—all of which share the same, universal HUD layout? This would make it feel more like you are actually in a new ship!
  • In-game HUD colour-change option.
  • Ship interiours (you knew it was coming).
  • Ship exteriour damage effect. I heard the Anaconda has this?
  • Retractable wings actually retract when they are supposed to (on ships that have them, like the Type-7).
Optional:
  • The ability to have your ship suddenly break/break down on you. Say you suck at maintaining your ship's health and integrity, the chance of malfunctions arousing in different ways (i.e: Engines breaking, FSD failing, sensors disconnecting, arms jamming,) increases with every percent of health or integrity lost. For deep-space commanders, this would likely be combated with a special module that maintains your ship.
These could easily garner more hours from me. Thanks.

For deep-space commanders, this would likely be combated with a special module that maintains your ship.
These could easily garner more hours from me. Thanks.

Yeah, maybe they could call it something like AFMU (Auto Field Maintenance Unit) and have say the FSD take damage every time you did a Neutron Star jump so you would have to use it regularly to keep the ship running!

Yeah, maybe they could call it something like AFMU (Auto Field Maintenance Unit) and have say the FSD take damage every time you did a Neutron Star jump so you would have to use it regularly to keep the ship running!
I'm talking about a module that would upkeep the ship's integrity alongside the AFMU. As far as I know, the AFMU only works once the module is broken—not before.

HUD appearance is part of Lore (and made it easier on the devs), and made to look identical between all ships from what I recall. HUD colour change has been requested many times before.

More extensive damage model was dropped at some point, probably after the Anaconda. Doubt we will see it return, but you never know.

Hey you get more feedback than I do on my suggestions :).

When I think of a ship overhaul it's more like remodeling them, to actually match the right scale. No more cyclopean Cutter stairs for example.

I'm talking about a module that would upkeep the ship's integrity alongside the AFMU. As far as I know, the AFMU only works once the module is broken—not before.

The AFMU is used to repair and maintain your equipment, you can use it any time to repair any level of damage, FSD 99%/100%, repair it if you want, so what you actually want is something that does that without you having actually bother doing anything, so it would just eliminate the hazard of neutron star jumping and any other hazard out there, it would be the same as the devs just removing any environmental damage at all from the game. because everyone would have one of these fitted. I mean that doesn't even parse, you want a module that repairs something before it's damaged?

The AFMU is used to repair and maintain your equipment, you can use it any time to repair any level of damage, FSD 99%/100%, repair it if you want, so what you actually want is something that does that without you having actually bother doing anything, so it would just eliminate the hazard of neutron star jumping and any other hazard out there, it would be the same as the devs just removing any environmental damage at all from the game. because everyone would have one of these fitted. I mean that doesn't even parse, you want a module that repairs something before it's damaged?
Okay, you don't understand what I mean but that's fine.

Top Bottom