Show us your interesting discoveries!

Not too far from the bubble (1,738LY from Sol), I found this system:
Landable Terraformable.jpg

I've seen many others post more interesting systems in this thread, but this is relatively special to me as it is only the second system I've come across that has a landable terraforming candidate and I would of never expected to get it paired with an ELW!. The planet to the immediate left of the landable terraforming candidate is also a terraformable candidate, though it's moon is not.

For some reason my carrier seems to like parking behind ELW's. The black dot in the center is the landable terraforming candidate:
NwuFNNc.png
On the landable terraformable candidate checking out geological POI's. Zoomed in to get a better view of the ELW in the background:
C7NgAUw.png

[/SPOLIER]

An interesting system that also gave me a new Codex discovery:
EmClkWQ.jpg

Binary B stars aren't that rare, but these sport an unusual retinue of planets and other objects. The A star somehow managed near perfectly identical Class III gas giants, while the B star has a more motley crew, including five (count 'em, five!) T-Tauri stars and one HMC planet that also has a life form:
fEbxYjk.jpg

With the T-Tauris in tow, this system is going to be extremely interesting in a few million years when they start their H fusion cycles. Even if the smaller ones only make it to brown dwarfs, having three new stars ignite within a relatively small region would be something to behold.

Just sold the data for my latest expedition and I've found some pretty cool sights along the way.
My first-ever Neutron Star ELW:
Screenshot (140).png

A water-world moon that's on an almost completely vertical plane above the rings, leading to some cool views (it looks better when both the lit faces of the GG and the WW line up for a shot, but the screenie I took of that didn't save)
Screenshot (141).png

Water Moon JPEG.jpg

An ELW that isn't an ELW. It's a nitrogen atmosphere TFHMC, but it looks surprisingly homely (Huemeae LK-A D13). It's also only 42LY from the DSSA Lemon Drop.
JPEG ELHMC.jpg

A rather colourful HMC around an O-Class star.
Purple Orbit JPEG.jpg

First I saw this on arrival. Looks like a close GG, always interesting, but nothing new anymore ...
Pyurks NC-C d6 (20200707-150008).jpg

THEN I looked at the distance ...
Pyurks NC-C d6 (20200707-145950).jpg

Turns out it is a class Y dwarf with not one but two rings. Can't actually remember having seen one of those, but never paid too much attention either. In any case the outer ring had a radius of 15 million kilometres or about 50 ls

Pyurks NC-C d6 (20200707-150042).jpg

Here some pictures from its lonely GG "moon", from the very rim of the outer ring and a close-up of the inner ring, which I did probe and it had in fact some hotspots to show
Pyurks NC-C d6 (20200707-150339).jpg
Pyurks NC-C d6 (20200707-150606).jpg
Pyurks NC-C d6 (20200707-150733).jpg
Pyurks NC-C d6 (20200707-150935).jpg

So there you go.
Note: This was a discovery made with my Alt Account.

I ran across an ELW with some fairly amazing geological features:
GxgTBqS.jpg

NOTE: Image is oversized so you can zoom in on it.
Starting at around 10 - 11 o'clock in the center of the ice cap is a mountain range that tops out well above the surrounding ice sheet. This forms one end of a broad feature that describes a reverse "S" shape across the planet and terminates in what appears to be a gigantic shield volcano at about the 3 o'clock position. All along this sinuous line large mountain complexes seem to sprout up, and in particular the huge linear structure at left of center. This appears to be a mountain range formed not by tectonic subduction (like the Andes) or collision (like the Himalayas) but rather by basaltic extrusion similar to the Siberian Traps or the Deccan Traps in India, but on an even larger scale. It may be a relatively young feature as it shows a somewhat flat, plateau-like summit with little erosion of its highest ranges, but that could also be because of snowfall and glaciation filling in the gaps and disguising the underlying rock formations. The continental mountain range just above and to the right of this massive feature shows little or no snow cover so I'm assuming it's a relatively warm latitude for this planet, making the intensity of the snow covering on the linear feature even more remarkable.

At about 9 o'clock is yet another shield volcano formation with a distinct and very deep central crater, possibly due to caldera collapse.

Given the large ice cap and some evidence of a temperate-to-tropical band and a couple of near-desert regions, I am surprised there are not many indications of large weather formations such as hurricanes, and few indicators of significant cloud cover. With so much ocean compared to land it seems unusual, but it is, after all, an alien planet, and has its own idiosyncrasies.

Kudos to the planet generation system for coming up with such an interesting blue marble.

First I saw this on arrival. Looks like a close GG, always interesting, but nothing new anymore ...
THEN I looked at the distance ...
Turns out it is a class Y dwarf with not one but two rings. Can't actually remember having seen one of those, but never paid too much attention either. In any case the outer ring had a radius of 15 million kilometres or about 50 ls

Yeah, I love those. The enormous rings that you can see from the entry point, despite being thousands of light seconds away.

System HD 206773 near the Elephant's Trunk and Cave Nebulae sports a Type B primary, two black holes and a neutron star -- an exotic system, indeed. The two black holes needed a little massaging to image, so I used NGC 7822 (wherein lies the Elysian Shores Type O star cluster) and the good ol' Milky Way as subjects for gravlensing. The five-image sequence was taken as I approached HD 206773 B, showing the progression of lensing effects, and the lensing of the galactic plane toward the core was done using HD 206773 C.
VQhqwVY.jpg

b2uIbR8.jpg

Seldom seen C-J variant on the Carbon star.
I have never seen one of these prior to this and it seems a class of star which the stellar forge neglected to generate in any significant amounts. Still looking for a C Star but I think there are none to find.
XxbGBZY.png

Haven't posted here in a while.

Found this brown dwarf system with 4 TFCs in the Eeshorks nebula! Might be cheating though with a secondary red dwarf.
vIAQiCb.png

Something that has been on my wishlist is an ELM of a gas giant and this is probably the closest I've gotten: a CII with 4 moons, 3 TFCs, and 2 WWs
MgYDz1I.png

Finally, this Ringed ELM in a system with 106 bodies. I'm curious about what the largest system to have an ELW is.
IKNzswF.png

sU0wPkO.png

Top Bottom