Show us your interesting discoveries!

Rare but not outstandingly so, triple Red Giants.

npwo1r9.png

VE0iApV.png

Not sure how rare to be honest. I have found numerous Red Giant pairs but never a set of three.
It was a wonderful view though which is really why I explore the vast of space.
Seen plenty of binary red giants; never a set of three though. Amazing view too.

just wish you'd compensated for the FOV distortion at the edges...
You can fix that by taking multiple images as a panorama and stitching them together using Microsoft Image Compositor to merge them. Have the stars (or ships or planets or whatever) near the centre of some of the images and when it gets stitched together it won't be distorted. Usually you'll want Fishey or Spherical projection for best effect.

Last edited:
These things are hardly PoI material anymore, but I still wanted to share my joy having finally found one myself (it took 800 kly of exploration at that). Therefore here some pictures from my very own ringed ELW, discovered just before Odyssey hit. The heat of a type A star pushes it 2000 ls out, where it dances with a gas giant.
Lyaisio KT-O d7-1234 (20210515-233918).jpg
Lyaisio KT-O d7-1234 (20210515-235748).jpg
Lyaisio KT-O d7-1234 (20210516-124630).jpg
Lyaisio KT-O d7-1234 (20210516-125201) (2).jpg
Lyaisio KT-O d7-1234 (20210516-125554).jpg

Last edited:
Poor thread seems lonely.

Neutron system with a more distant group of WD, M class star and class V Gas Giant. The Gas Giant orbits the WD by a few light seconds.
Rg9WuFN.png

OKXHYWV.png

Neutron, L and M class stars closely grouped. The Landable planet is close enough to easily view all thee for some nice shots on a rather jagged surface.
You may leave your SRV but not for long.
341WyDN.png

VwEQffh.jpg

Black Hole with more distant triple Neutron arrangement, all a few light seconds from each other. A landable is a few hundred light seconds away where you may view the triumvirate. Again you may leave your SRV and stare too long and die foolishly as I did.
hs8AbO3.png

3fERUcD.png

nSLJyEK.jpg

Poor thread seems lonely.

Neutron system with a more distant group of WD, M class star and class V Gas Giant. The Gas Giant orbits the WD by a few light seconds.
Rg9WuFN.png

OKXHYWV.png

Neutron, L and M class stars closely grouped. The Landable planet is close enough to easily view all thee for some nice shots on a rather jagged surface.
You may leave your SRV but not for long.
341WyDN.png

VwEQffh.jpg

Black Hole with more distant triple Neutron arrangement, all a few light seconds from each other. A landable is a few hundred light seconds away where you may view the triumvirate. Again you may leave your SRV and stare too long and die foolishly as I did.
hs8AbO3.png

3fERUcD.png

nSLJyEK.jpg
The triple-neutron with a landable nearby actually might make the system worthy of a GMP entry. Nice find!

I came across the Neutron Star system a few days ago and it offers some wonderful views. There is a M class star close by with another M and a Brown Dwarf a few hundred LS farther out. The views are offered from a well placed planet and its moon which sit about 40ls away.
yEeXHci.png

The planet or its moon bother offer equally good views of the Neutron, M class and the companion world.
EcD9C7C.png

17s1yna.png

It also presented the opportunity for my ship to decide landing at this rakish angle classified as a serviceable touchdown. I was still able to board the ship with my SRV.
IY7tzmF.png

Atmospheric moon about 1.5ls from Earth-like.
zZhrEbW.png

miAnWvv.jpg

Neutron, White Dwarf and G class star. The landable body which sits about 50ls away offers great views.
Do not linger outside as you will burn up rather quickly.
HXtZFXv.png

oSvYCu4.jpg

Neutron and G class star seen from another close landable in a system of 50 bodies.
rAoQJKu.png

wSiJdyq.png

A Black Hole and White Dwarf both visible from volcanic landable which sits about 40ls away.
wjOcj9Z.png

NVjAlhi.png

Another site in the classification of great views if you are out that way.
The views are a provided from a pair or high metal content worlds close to the M class and Brown dwarf stars. The two worlds have relatively short rotation period, 0.4 days and offer differing views with volcanic vents and gasses included.
qSwtJHo.png

m8r7neg.jpg

4IOknpg.png

Having found quite a few of of this particular arrangement they are not quite as interesting as they used to be, however I found this one quite suited to some very nice photography witht he addition of the G class star a little farther out.
sEhxflA.png

p4PKjRY.jpg

Another great view from within F class Supergiant system. The views are to be found on a moon of a ringed world and its companion. The moon is tidally locked and gives the impression of the ringed pair hanging perpetually pinned in the sky above. A brown Dwarf also lingers close by.
wbEiveo.png

aLSST2v.jpg

asMPkCA.jpg

Finally , orbitting a Brown Dwarf, a Water World and its very close companion moon which sits a little over 8MM away. The surface of the planet has a distinctly green tinge with some bluish pockets which gives the impression of grass and water holes as you fly quickly over them. A section of the planet appears to have spiked peaks dotted across the surface which mixed with volcanic fire pits and gas vents and a visible Brown Dwarf, give the surface a fascinating appearance.
hR7NKZo.png

OcKHP2C.jpg

xlYOa1b.jpg

kEK3oym.jpg

rwT53iq.jpg

Came across interesting orbital shenanigans.

Body #2 (a GG binary pair with #3) seems to share its orbit around the main star with body #4 (a lone HMW). #2's orbit within the binary system is limited to swaying in place.

The arrival point difference is 0.11Ls, which according to my scientific calculations done with google's unit converter is around 33,000 km. That would put the HMW inside the Gas Giant were they in the same spot.

m1C98EZ.png

Here's the trio on the system map:

5wKJWOq.png

The orbit line belongs to #4:

hUOc4JC.png

Now, this is on Horizons so I don't know in what shape or form these planets exist on Odyssey 😄

Another in the category of Neutron star views.
zhwkiqA.png

There are several to choose from with decent viewing range with the closest being 17ls away. This offers views of the Neutron and red star from a rather spiky surface.
UU6Ayde.jpg

A short hop across brings you to a pair of landables with more to offer and a much more active surface with volcanic erruptions, hot steam venting and dark smoke.
You may linger on the surface but things heat up quite rapidly.
BqDX0Ae.jpg

SbJJpKW.jpg

A black hole system which includes easily viewable Neutron and white Dwarf stars from nearby landable about 50ls away.
bjhPULC.png

Having found thousands of Neutron stars this is the first occasion I have found this pairing at such photogenic proximity.
5C9SouZ.jpg

Black Hole system with 4 Neutrons. A Neutron pair are in close proximity to the Black Hole with a third about 100ls away. The final one is quite distant but has 2 Water worlds in attendance.
Q4ixWAr.png

XFqKS1S.jpg

3 Neutrons, Black Hole and more distant Neutron.
ETB9vWD.jpg

Finally a Neutron system with unattached Earth-like world with familiar conditions though it does seem a bit cold.
L1PlVFp.png

A Neutron and red star bathe the world in light.
8WXmKn0.png

Black Hole with Neutron pairing about 250ls away. A close landable sits some 17ls away from the BH and offers views of BH and Neutron pair. The surface has geysers and volcanic pits. The system also holds jovian gas giant with a very eccentric orbit around a WD.
RuWKMrt.png

Bd66oyk.jpg

lMzN9rC.png

Black Hole system with Neutron 50ls away and Netron/WD pairing some 230ls farther out, making for a great shot of the foursome.
ukncQVX.png

uqBkUOb.jpg

Another Black Hole system with the point of interest being Neutron/WD pairing offering comfortable viewable distance from landable body about 80ls away.
vq80zrx.png

YMFqWxd.jpg

A collection of over 20 Black Holes with stellar phenomenon in a corridor of about 300ly within the stellar graveyard. I am certain there are plenty more in there as I did not really look too hard.
cCy7pt0.png

One of the above systems held this wonderful view of a gas giant overhanging an ice moon with water geysers.
b9wnIaV.png

cGjFewH.jpg

JwVJtNp.jpg

Top Bottom