Sidechat

Erosion caused by acid soils in rainforests and high decomposers activity.

Why rainforest? It kinda doesnt make sense elsewhere. We know some pterosaurs could achieve arboreality thanks to their quadrupedality and strong forelimbs, but story is different on land. Birds need strong legs to take off, which is handy tool for terrestrial locomotion. In case of going flightless said legs are good for running around quickly. Pterosaurs on the other hand had it worse due to arms being used for both flight and taking off, which resulted in weaker legs. So terrestrial pterosaur initially would be clumsy and slow on land. Perfect prey for big theropods and other pterosaurs. So it is either monkedactyl or nothing 🤪 .
Pterosaur were excelent walkers tho. Yeah they had weaker legs than birds, but they were quadropedal and so the task of supporting their weight on the ground was split between arms and legs

Anyone familiar with mononykus? They were smallish, vaguely raptor like animals and lived in the deserts of mongolia.They had very good hearing to locate insects and a single big claw to break into termite nests and dead wood to eat said insects.

So i thought it would be cute to draw a hypothetical relativ that pushed that idea further, shrinking even further in size but enlarging its claw not only to break into insect nests but also dig burrows. I imagine this being something like a burrowing owl crossed with a nacked mole rat. Gave it very small eyes since those are of no use underground and whisker like feathers instead to navigate raound. Also a really short and stocky tail to use as a thrid leg to free up its arms for digging, which it would otherwise use to knuckle walk on like an anteater since the big heavy claws and short legs made it very front heavy

View attachment 390969
I love alvarezaurs, specially mononykus. They are super interesting. And i love their portray in PP.

Pterosaur were excelent walkers tho. Yeah they had weaker legs than birds, but they were quadropedal and so the task of supporting their weight on the ground was split between arms and legs
Walking yup, but still not the best runners.
Either way pterosaurs were extremaly ridiculous creatures not quite adapted for fully terrestrial lifestyle without flight.

He says he doesn't like personal attacks. That's different from complaints/criticism. One can be constructive, the other is always destructive. Which do you find more helpful?

If you're trying to incite a riot, you won't find it here. We're too chill in this hood. Have your opinions but we're good vibes here, I think we'll bore you.
Thanks 🙌

Anyone familiar with mononykus? They were smallish, vaguely raptor like animals and lived in the deserts of mongolia.They had very good hearing to locate insects and a single big claw to break into termite nests and dead wood to eat said insects.

So i thought it would be cute to draw a hypothetical relativ that pushed that idea further, shrinking even further in size but enlarging its claw not only to break into insect nests but also dig burrows. I imagine this being something like a burrowing owl crossed with a nacked mole rat. Gave it very small eyes since those are of no use underground and whisker like feathers instead to navigate raound. Also a really short and stocky tail to use as a thrid leg to free up its arms for digging, which it would otherwise use to knuckle walk on like an anteater since the big heavy claws and short legs made it very front heavy

View attachment 390969
Omg LOVE! What will you name him? I want one

View attachment 390969
I love Mononykus. Alvaresaurus is also a funny name...
"Hi, I'm Álvarez' lizard"

How was everyone's week? Personally I have been sitting at a pond behind my house that is only full in the spring observing frogs and mallards. Yesterday I saw a broad-winged hawk snatch a small songbird from a branch and fly off with it. It's supposed to start raining tonight, and continue until Wednesday where I live. Super excited for Barnyard DLC Tuesday, dua lipa's new album Friday, and my birthday in 11 days!

I have been sitting at a pond behind my house that is only full in the spring observing frogs and mallards
That sounds like the dream, man.

Well yesterday, I cleaned some windows at a small house, but because of the amount of trees and the pool, there were a ton of mosquitoes and the 22 ft. ladder kept getting stuck; the trees kept pushing it backwards, so I kept straining my back; finally, I had to set up the ladder and broke the branches one by one (which actually was better because they were hitting the house), but my brother and I finished it. I've now been eating a lot of foods I shouldn't be eating, like Whataburger, pecan pie, milkshakes, and mozzarella cheese sticks

Top Bottom