SleepyDelegate's Chronicles - taking the DBX around the Galaxy

Every explorer needs to visit these...

Voyager 1

Screenshot_0407.jpg

and obligatory

Screenshot_0408.jpg

Im done with Odyssey... The performance is horrible... Add never ending stuttering of RTX and the experience is just bad... Im playing Horizons again and could not be happier... If just I could get my money back, because I do not see myself going back to that garbage...

And Im back to Odyssey... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I know, I know... Discovered, that undersampling to 0.65 and upscaling does not have noticeable effect on quality and improves the frame rate by 80 percent...

BTW, tried packhounds G5 sturdy + drag and it sucks... Multicannons all the way...

That didn't take long...hehee
Yaeh... I guess yesterday I just had enough of that RTX stuttering... and the frame rate of just 30-50fps was added bonus of the Odyssey... Today I searched YT and found D2EA tutorial on improving significantly the performance of Odyssey and it really helped... That changes nothing on the fa, that Odyssey is just poorly optimized... But with 80fps it is bearable... :)

After purchasing the Odyssey a couple of months back, I found out, that I rarely visit station interiors, rarely disembark my ship, rarely do any botanist exploration... I guess because it is extremely boring... It was fun to hunt the CODEX entries, but then, when there is nothing else to discover, it is just a grind...

What sense does it make to have a finite number of species across the whole Galaxy? Like once you discover all the plants, there is nothing new to discover, regardless of where you go...

I think they would do much better if they just developed some sort of botanical forge, which would try to generate new combinations of plants based on genomics... Then, by taking samples and delivering them to the lab, you would only then be able to identify the plant, its category, etc... But that would probably be too difficult...

So the only reason to play Odyssey for me is the improved graphics, which on the other hand I have to enjoy in a lowered details, due to higher requirements on my graphics card...

Just a Sunday rant... :)

Yeah, I knew they wouldn't do this, but I was really hoping there would be procedurally generated plants. Lots of work was done in previous decades with algorithms that could do this sort of thing. I remember L-systems being worked with in the '90s for this sort of thing, for instance. (L-systems themselves date back to 1968).

I love Supergiants... In the picture below, the Supergiant is the star in the middle. Although being the second smallest in the picture, it is a staggering 14.500ls away from my ship... On the left, there is an O star, another O star, and a B star on the right...

Synookoi AA-A h5 (20210928-213832).jpg

So today was a very special day... I have found this system with two Neutron Stars and a Black Hole, where the BH is again just a couple of Ls from the main Neutron Star... (screenshots will follow).

But, what happened: I arrived in this undiscovered system and my wife telepresenced herself into my cockpit... So I take off my helmet and we start discussing something... the discussion takes roughly 15 minutes when I hear from my ships computer:

"Main tank drained."

Eumorps AA-A g10 (20211003-223945)_1 (3).jpg

I immediately jumped back and started assessing the situation...

System map! Yes, there is an M star roughly 3500ls from my position... close enough?

I started thinking about fuel rats... Luckily, there was 0,3t of the fuel in my reservoir, so I was able to make it to that M star...

Last edited:
You will have to take my word for it... In the following screenshot, there are two Neutron stars and two black holes...

Stranuia AA-A g5 (20211004-214152).jpg

In another system: Three black holes and one Neutron star... The first two black holes are just 4Ls from each other...

Stranuia FG-Y g11 (20211004-220254).jpg

Last edited:
Strange thing happened to me:

I have found this system with 4 Neutron stars and one black hole and there was also one of the smallest objects I have ever found: 149km body...

So I had to land on it... After I did, I went for a walk... The suit was showing dangerous temperatures, but no alarm went off, so I thought it is probably safe...

After being out of my SRV for a while, I lost my consciousness and was later re-instated to my ship... I thought I died, but no, I was back in my ship on that small piece of potato...

But I lost my SRV for reasons I do not understand... It should be parked outside, but it is not there...

Have I lost all the progress so far? Have I lost the data?

Eor Aug AA-A g7 (20211005-213811).jpg

But I lost my SRV for reasons I do not understand... It should be parked outside, but it is not there...

Have I lost all the progress so far? Have I lost the data?

I think you've lost the SRV, and will need to replace it. As for the data? I'm not sure. During the Odyssey beta, this would lose your data. I think I remember something about that being fixed, but I haven't tested it, and I could be remembering wrong. Does anyone else know for sure?

I think you've lost the SRV, and will need to replace it. As for the data? I'm not sure. During the Odyssey beta, this would lose your data. I think I remember something about that being fixed, but I haven't tested it, and I could be remembering wrong. Does anyone else know for sure?
Thank you, Commander, I have now confirmed, that getting unconscious does not lead to losing data... (y) :)

I kinda do not understand the purpose of this "feature"... Getting unconscious only leads to you losing the SRV, which makes ZERO sense... But over the years, I got used to Elite not making sense in certain aspects...

Top Bottom