So about the cancelled dev stream.

This is the reason it was changed from stream format, to a forum post, as given on Supercruise News.

If it really was all about maintaining the integrity of the message, so it doesn't become diluted. Why not have the stream as planned, and then post a thread along side it with all the info given in the stream? Why not both?

Is it really that hard to make a post outlining each of these streams with timestamps? Kind of like the minutes of a meeting? If preserving the integrity of the message, and making sure it is able to be received by those who don't watch the streams is the real goal, I don't see why this cannot/should not be done, along with every livestream.

I mean if livestreams are such a bad way of getting the information out to us, then why are you bothering to have them at all? They were good enough for everything else, just not good enough for the one thing a huge chunk of the playerbase wanted to see, and was make or break for many people.

If preserving message integrity is the goal, then I don't see why the format of the message had to be changed, instead of just recording the message in both written and video format.

They say it's to avoid diluting the message - in a stream I just watched only to hear this specific topic talked about and missed it because it was so vaguely expressed. And even now I still don't have the information I was looking for.

Is it really that hard to make a post outlining each of these streams with timestamps? Kind of like the minutes of a meeting? If preserving the integrity of the message, and making sure it is able to be received by those who don't watch the streams is the real goal, I don't see why this cannot/should not be done, along with every livestream.

I mean if livestreams are such a bad way of getting the information out to us, then why are you bothering to have them at all? They were good enough for everything else, just not good enough for the one thing a huge chunk of the playerbase wanted to see, and was make or break for many people.

If preserving message integrity is the goal, then I don't see why the format of the message had to be changed, instead of just recording the message in both written and video format.
not if @StuartGT is on the case

Hey, what's goin on in this thread...?

Cletus.png

There is a certain level of irony that this thread, on the forums, is complaining that the primary way that fdev is planning to use to communicate with the 'community' is ... the forums. A few weeks ago I seem to recall the complaints being about information being spread on places other than the 'official forums'. They should have spin it that way, people would have loved it :)

(And ofc the real issue tomorrow is actually gonna be: fdev haven't said what the questions are - so everyone will be complaining they answered the 'wrong' questions ;) )

1624998430933.png

There is a certain level of irony that this thread, on the forums, is complaining that the primary way that fdev is planning to use to communicate with the 'community' is ... the forums. A few weeks ago I seem to recall the complaints being about information being spread on places other than the 'official forums'. They should have spin it that way, people would have loved it :)

(And ofc the real issue tomorrow is actually gonna be: fdev haven't said what the questions are - so everyone will be complaining they answered the 'wrong' questions ;) )
You are missing the whole point. This is not about how the information is given. We were already told a dev stream would happen. It is not going to happen now. All under the pretense of preserving the integrity of the message. If the message integrity is preserved by having it in written form, there is no reason we cannot have both the Dev stream (that we were told we would have) and a post along side the stream to have all the information in written form.

It is not about how they decide to share information with us, it is about going back on their word, again.

I don't think that's the issue. Not for me anyway. They just told me to watch a 1.5h stream for this information, in which I was told streams are a bad way of conveying this information so it will be a forum post. I'm a big Monty Python fan but it's not really fun anymore.
Besides, I'm sure you know a "Developer stream" is not just for "information". It has some real meaning, I hear the Star Citizen developers really like to talk about their progress and issues openly.

There is a certain level of irony that this thread, on the forums, is complaining that the primary way that fdev is planning to use to communicate with the 'community' is ... the forums.

I personally don't care as I don't watch streams, but I highly doubt that's why most dislike this move. Most are likely irritated because they rightly see it as a move to circumvent live CMDR thoughts/feedback rolling onscreen.

The kitchen has gotten too hot for , so they are closing the hatches.

You are missing the whole point. This is not about how the information is given. We were already told a dev stream would happen. It is not going to happen now. All under the pretense of preserving the integrity of the message. If the message integrity is preserved by having it in written form, there is no reason we cannot have both the Dev stream (that we were told we would have) and a post along side the stream to have all the information in written form.

It is not about how they decide to share information with us, it is about going back on their word, again.
Which means they'd prefer the damage of going back on their word over the damage of losing control of this particular message.

This is the reason it was changed from stream format, to a forum post, as given on Supercruise News.

If it really was all about maintaining the integrity of the message, so it doesn't become diluted. Why not have the stream as planned, and then post a thread along side it with all the info given in the stream? Why not both?
I think this is due to all the bathtub lady on Twitch. So much water from said bathtubs may have diluted the message. Meanwhile, on the forum, there is only salt, so it's dry enough I assume.

I personally don't care as I don't watch streams, but I highly doubt that's why most dislike this move. Most are likely irritated because they rightly see it as a move to circumvent live CMDR thoughts/feedback rolling onscreen.

The kitchen has gotten too hot for , so they are closing the hatches.
I am sure it may be that for some people, as it definately seems that way. The thought had not even occurred to me really, it is more of an issue that they are yet again going back on their word.

I think this is due to all the bathtub lady on Twitch. So much water from said bathtubs may have diluted the message. Meanwhile, on the forum, there is only salt, so it's dry enough I assume.
They do the stream on youtube at the same time, I think there's less bathtub ladies there. I don't really know though as I am not into that kind of thing. Just linked it through twitch because their clipping system is easy to use, and I don't have to re upload my own video.

Top Bottom