So, frame-rates since the patch, how are yours?

My own experience so far is that planet surfaces minus any settlements nearby have gotten a little better, at small settlements a truly miniscule improvement when on foot (so small that i wonder if it's my imagination) but every other location, largely the same as before. At a settlement i can just about scavenge for things, but couldn't really have a firefight. My buggy is still the worse method of experiencing low frame-rates, and still gives me motion sickness from the 'clash of the titans-esque' stop motion effect. This patch then not much use to me, but i have been hearing other people say they've noticed improvements, how's it been for you?

My usual walk about ship / concourse results in no real improvement. If I turn to look at my ship in the hangar or go to the bar I lose 50% of my fps.

There is no hope in hell this is going on PS4 or XB at this rate.
Well, we haven't (at least i haven't) garnered enough information from others yet, so we maybe in an unlucky minority.

No updates in FPS for me - planetary port got about the same performance and jagged edges.

I will try and remove my graphics folder and configure to see if that helps, but not had much improvement as of yet.

I still get the FPS drops to 2fps from time to time in settlements so that's not fixed. In fact, overall I would say that the FPS are less steady than before and more likely to have drops into the 20-30 range seemingly randomly whereas, before U8, I was pretty steadily >60fps everywhere except for the drops to 2-ish fps occasionally in settlements while CPU and GPU usage would simultaneously plummet to near 0.

EVGA 3070 FTW3
i7-10700K
64GB RAM

In fact, overall I would say that the FPS are less steady than before and more likely to have drops into the 20-30 range seemingly randomly whereas, before U8, I was pretty steadily >60fps everywhere except for the drops to 2-ish fps occasionally in settlements while CPU and GPU usage would simultaneously plummet to near 0.
yeah, I think there's more random micro-judder just wandering around now, feels like you're pulling up to stop. And the usual 0 FPS on disembark they introduced in patch 7 is still there. Which is a shame as I'm still getting ok FPS otherwise 🤷‍♀️

They've fixed the glass slow-down!

Update 7, facing glass (it's 60fps further back, but approaching stuffs the frame rate)

20211027182514_1.jpg

Update 8, same spot, same glass

20211028013451_1.jpg

The problem is that as I chop and change between the game and these training areas my fps drops to single digits in the concourse :/

Relogging seems to help, albeit temporarily.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
2080Ti, i9 9900KF

From my posts in the patch notes thread:

Settlements at 73 fps in 1440p, what devilry is this (I used to get 45-50 before U8)

20211027173553_1.jpg

Inside building view, behind the glass of those IND building top floors my performance used to tank a bit sometimes below 40 easy. Now:

20211027174759_1.jpg

Different settlement, same 70 fps

20211027182802_1.jpg

My settings

20211027180529_1.jpg

Performance in concourses also improved around 10-20% for me.

Performance (@1440p ultra, no FSR) in concourses is significantly improved on my 6800XT, as I expected it would be (formerly shader limited here).

I'm also seeing less of of a dip/fewer stutters during initial settlement loading. VRAM use is also a full gig lower than in U7.

However, the game is still almost completely CPU limited below 4k in the vicinity of settlements, and except for the clear uplift in concourses, the experience is more or less what I was getting in Update 6.

About to test my RTX 3080 setup, but I'm not expecting as much of an improvement at 1440p as it was never shader limited. It's possible I'll seen an improvement at 4k as the 3080 was clearing running out of VRAM in some scenes prior.

Last edited:
I'm getting good results, settlement I was at stayed above 50FPS at all times, and often hit 60. I did get a couple micro-stutters disembarking from the ship.

I was getting fairly decent performance before though. It's a little better now. I've only been to 1 settlement, though. Others may still have problems.

Video Card: GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
32GB of RAM

Performance (@1440p ultra, no FSR) in concourses is significantly improved on my 6800XT, as I expected it would be (formerly shader limited here).

I'm also seeing less of of a dip/fewer stutters during initial settlement loading. VRAM use is also a full gig lower than in U7.

However, the game is still almost completely CPU limited below 4k in the vicinity of settlements, and except for the clear uplift in concourses, the experience is more or less what I was getting in Update 6.

About to test my RTX 3080 setup, but I'm not expecting as much of an improvement at 1440p as it was never shader limited. It's possible I'll seen an improvement at 4k as the 3080 was clearing running out of VRAM in some scenes prior.

Just did a quick test on my 3080. Much more marginal improvement in concourses and a noticeable reduction in settlement loading stutter, but not as much of an improvement as on my 6800XT setup.

Still getting stutters and FPS drops around settlements on my 6800XT - as low as 30. In concourses it’s around 70.
I‘m not impressed with this update.

Haven't had time to do much testing (it'll have to wait until later today), but so far I'm not seeing improvements in frame rates, unfortunately.
At around ~33 FPS in the hanger, it's still around 1/6 the performance potential of Horizons for me.
😔
...I'll be back.

Top Bottom