SO TIRED of trying to find Pharmaceutical Isolators & Military SuperCaps

Hey FDev! Wake Up! Listen to the music! While I can't speak for everyone (as I'm sure some wit will point out) many pilots I've talked with are tired of searching for these Grade 5 Manufactured Mats. First, finding a system in Outbreak is difficult, then once you find one, the chance of finding a HGE from the Faction in Outbreak is nigh impossible!!!

And because you and some other noisy players have a problem, it must be the games fault, right? It couldn't possibly be s PEBKAC issue, because everyone has the same problem, right? Ahhh, no, we don't all have the issue you seem to..

Are you TRYING to get rid of pilots? Tired of all these people finding bugs and other boring things that cause you to actually work? Hey, no customers? No Bugs!

Some may say pouring salt here is not advantageous. However this has been a problem since the HGE NERF. Just ask Down To Earth Astronomy.

And maybe the problem isn't the game, maybe the salt is being poured in the wrong place. These type posts are part of the reason many devs don't interact with players any more. Youtube 'influencers' are also part of the problem.

I currently need 5 Biotech Conductors. Only obtainable from Missions. Not finding these missions, I need to farm 35 Military Supercapacitors or 35 Pharmaceutical Isolators (or 1295 Conductive Components... LOL). Not finding those I need to farm 210 Imperial Shieldings. That's 70 Imperial Shieldings (each white square provides 3 items), and assuming 3 finds per HGE that's over 23 HGEs I will need to find to trade up. If I'm very luck I'll find 5 Shieldings to pick up (ooh 25 Imperial Shieldings! Only 185 to go!)

As has been asked, but I've seen no real response to, do you have adequate reputation to get the missions? Because I have a pair of systems I run missions between where I'm allied at each end and have no trouble collecting G5 mats.

Is this really the kind of GRIND you want us to go through? REALLY? I can only assume you want your player count to drop because otherwise you would fix this. But NOOOOOOOO!

The sarcasm here is pointless and not even well done. Again, please feel free to assist the devs in their lack of communication.

More than a few pilots have quit (per statements on Reddit) because of the Engineering Grind. I'm sure you underpay someone to monitor these forums, and they have to tippy-toe around making unpopular suggestions like "Hey, people are leaving the game because we aren't providing access to the mats they need" (How dare you make a suggestion! YOU'RE FIRED!)

Yep, this is the perfect way to get people to listen to you. Abuse always works.

Unfortunately for you I WON'T QUIT! I'll just keep complaining until you make the game worth playing for Pilots who aren't Triple Elite with every ship Engineered to the max.

Because these are clearly the only players worth listening to.. Never mind the large number of players who have no great interest in Triple Elite or over engineering ships for no real reason.

How to fix it? BRING BACK THE NERF. You make us exit and restart every loop at Dav's Hope, so why not do the same for Grade 5s? At least the ones that are near impossible to find. (you can do that ya know... via programming) OR add more Mil SuperCaps and Pharm Isolators to each HGE. Maybe 10 (Times 3 = 30 each HGE) white squares per HGE? SOMETHING!

Back to the search... this will take days and days to complete. Yay.

Got 3 Biotech conductors and a bunch of G4 and G5 mats, encoded and manufactured, in an hour last night - reasonable bundle of credits too. You've been given the answer, but you are too busy being right and dispensing salt to notice.[/quote]

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? It is difficult to read the screenshot but it looks to me as if EDengineer is saying you need 6 BC or 36 (6 to 1) of another G5 mat to trade. I am completely lost as to where the 210 imp shielding comes from.

Imperial shielding usually appears 5x3 in an HGE. Imperial systems in Boom will usually show 2 sometimes 3 HGE at a time. Finding 4 HGE doesn't really take long if you know how to use the galaxy map to select systems and scan the nav beacon to find the uss.
No you're correct. The 210 G5 would be to trade for 35 other G5s.
Still, after finding 5 Biotech Conductors I still need to trade for Improvised Components or find HGEs in Systems in Civil Unrest), and 18 Refined Focus Crystals.
Not worth trading if you can find the HGEs with the proper State (HGEs with a state of None are not the hard-to-find materials, usually Imperial Shielding or Proto Light/Radiolic Alloys.

My point is still the same. Finding certain materials in HGEs can be very difficult, and should not be. Difficult, yes. Very Difficult, not something this game should have. Even getting to Elite Combat takes Time yes, but is not difficult to find ships to fight. See the difference?

And because you and some other noisy players have a problem, it must be the games fault, right? It couldn't possibly be s PEBKAC issue, because everyone has the same problem, right? Ahhh, no, we don't all have the issue you seem to..

And maybe the problem isn't the game, maybe the salt is being poured in the wrong place. These type posts are part of the reason many devs don't interact with players any more. Youtube 'influencers' are also part of the problem.

As has been asked, but I've seen no real response to, do you have adequate reputation to get the missions? Because I have a pair of systems I run missions between where I'm allied at each end and have no trouble collecting G5 mats.

The sarcasm here is pointless and not even well done. Again, please feel free to assist the devs in their lack of communication.

Yep, this is the perfect way to get people to listen to you. Abuse always works.

Because these are clearly the only players worth listening to.. Never mind the large number of players who have no great interest in Triple Elite or over engineering ships for no real reason.

Got 3 Biotech conductors and a bunch of G4 and G5 mats, encoded and manufactured, in an hour last night - reasonable bundle of credits too. You've been given the answer, but you are too busy being right and dispensing salt to notice.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the put-downs. Probably the only thing you do well. If you can't argue with the issue, put down the poster.
My initial post is still valid. You just don't like it.
Goodbye.

tenor.gif

Thanks for the put-downs. Probably the only thing you do well. If you can't argue with the issue, put down the poster.
My initial post is still valid. You just don't like it.
Goodbye.

What issue? You are whining about a non-issue. How does one argue a non issue?

Valid? No, just a whine. Again, did you actually have the reputation for the missions? You've not answered that, the lack of answer suggests to me the answer is no. I notice you also ignore my comment about my own material collection - guess you don't like it when the truth is demonstrated.

Put downs? That would require I cared about this more than I would a speck of rodent faecal matter on the sole of my shoe..

Hey FDev! Wake Up! Listen to the music! While I can't speak for everyone (as I'm sure some wit will point out) many pilots I've talked with are tired of searching for these Grade 5 Manufactured Mats. First, finding a system in Outbreak is difficult, then once you find one, the chance of finding a HGE from the Faction in Outbreak is nigh impossible!!!

Are you TRYING to get rid of pilots? Tired of all these people finding bugs and other boring things that cause you to actually work? Hey, no customers? No Bugs!

Some may say pouring salt here is not advantageous. However this has been a problem since the HGE NERF. Just ask Down To Earth Astronomy.

I currently need 5 Biotech Conductors. Only obtainable from Missions. Not finding these missions, I need to farm 35 Military Supercapacitors or 35 Pharmaceutical Isolators (or 1295 Conductive Components... LOL). Not finding those I need to farm 210 Imperial Shieldings. That's 70 Imperial Shieldings (each white square provides 3 items), and assuming 3 finds per HGE that's over 23 HGEs I will need to find to trade up. If I'm very luck I'll find 5 Shieldings to pick up (ooh 25 Imperial Shieldings! Only 185 to go!)

Is this really the kind of GRIND you want us to go through? REALLY? I can only assume you want your player count to drop because otherwise you would fix this. But NOOOOOOOO!

More than a few pilots have quit (per statements on Reddit) because of the Engineering Grind. I'm sure you underpay someone to monitor these forums, and they have to tippy-toe around making unpopular suggestions like "Hey, people are leaving the game because we aren't providing access to the mats they need" (How dare you make a suggestion! YOU'RE FIRED!)

Unfortunately for you I WON'T QUIT! I'll just keep complaining until you make the game worth playing for Pilots who aren't Triple Elite with every ship Engineered to the max.

How to fix it? BRING BACK THE NERF. You make us exit and restart every loop at Dav's Hope, so why not do the same for Grade 5s? At least the ones that are near impossible to find. (you can do that ya know... via programming) OR add more Mil SuperCaps and Pharm Isolators to each HGE. Maybe 10 (Times 3 = 30 each HGE) white squares per HGE? SOMETHING!

Back to the search... this will take days and days to complete. Yay.
Biotech Conductors are too easy to get from missions! I take easy missions that earn millions and offer lots of Biotech Conductors, Modified Embedded Firmware, and Exquisite Focus Crystals. Then I use the BC, MEF and EFC to trade for whatever I need. If you haven't caught on to this already, you're just not trying.

I just fully engineered a Sidewinder since G5 materials are so easily obtained. If it was hard, grindy, or overly time consuming I wouldn’t have wasted the time.
From my OP:

The Full List:
View attachment 161780
Do you now see why farming other mats at a 6-1 trade is ridiculous?

As predicted, you are getting alot to sychophant and sockpuppet pushback. But you nicely illustrate the problem with this post in response to your critics. Its not that it is impossible, and there are excellent ideas from others of how to make incremental progress. It is rather that the lack of balance necessitates mindless grinding and wastes our time. Frontier has done better in other regards (e.g. core mining mechanics) and can do better in this respect.

Some G5 materials are very rare for sure. Maybe some balance will be appreciated IMO.

Like some ppl say: Try doing missions for others G5 and use them to trade. ( yes, its boring and grind..But Elite is a grind game )

Elite Pirate missions is a good way to farm G5 materials ( Vettes drop rare G5 )

I use massacre mission rewards to stay full on BCs and EFC. When I max out I head to nearest trader to fill in the MFG mats that are low. This is normal long term game play and not something that works in the short term for players with immediate needs. It probably takes a couple of days of running REP missions to get allied with all the local factions. The horror!

However I like multiple ways of mat collecting and someone in this thread mentioned FDEV fixed the HGE mini game. When did FDEV fix the HGE mini game?

From my OP:

The Full List:
View attachment 161780
Do you now see why farming other mats at a 6-1 trade is ridiculous?

Firstly if you need 5 items, trading for them at 6:1 requires 30 of the tradeable items, not 35.

Secondly you could have picked them up from four HGEs (ANY four HGEs) in about 15 minutes.

If you want to do it a different way and then make a moan thread hurling abuse at everybody who tried to tell you that, fine. I mean personally I'd rather be playing the game with the stuff I was trying to engineer but whatever floats your boat.

Top Bottom