Engineers So you've run out of inventory space...

Bumping to say thank you for this list.

Freed up about 70 materials and 50 data; feels so nice. May have deleted stuff used in future, but oh well, we live life in the present!

Now if only FD would double the space we have.. again.

Galvanising Alloys should be removed from the "No Use" list. They are currently used for the following blueprints:

Grade 4 Blast Resistant Armour
Grade 4 Kinetic Resistant Armour
Grade 4 Thermal Resistant Armour

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
Galvanising Alloys should be removed from the "No Use" list. They are currently used for the following blueprints:
I think it's been a while since the OP has checked this. There also is an issue with Inara not being updated as well. Eduardo is updated, but it doesn't say how many Blueprints each mat is used for, like Inara does.

I think what FD should do is rather than limiting overall storage of mats/data.. limit each type individually.
Such as, you can store a max of 20 "Aberrant shield pattern analysis" data and 20 of the others etc.
Then, when handing in a mission, or scanning a ship, if at capacity, just ignore / discard the surplus of that item, whilst receiving any other not at capacity.

Makes sense to me, since I am now constantly discarding stuff.

Rep'd

Just read that some engineers require 50 of some items to unlock, so the above will not work.
At the moment if I have say 43 of a certain mat/data I just discard 3 or 13 depending on how I feel and how much space I want to maintain.

Doubling the amount of space won't work as it is the same in real life the more you have the more you want

Last edited:
I think it's been a while since the OP has checked this. There also is an issue with Inara not being updated as well. Eduardo is updated, but it doesn't say how many Blueprints each mat is used for, like Inara does.

I do try to keep it up to date when people point out issues.

This has been updated with the 2.2.03 data, and I've included a list of materials that are only used for 1 or 2 uncommon blueprints as well if people are struggling after clearing out the no-use items.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I do try to keep it up to date when people point out issues.

Cool. It wasn't meant as negatively as it may have sounded. You do a great job keeping this updated!

This has been updated with the 2.2.03 data, and I've included a list of materials that are only used for 1 or 2 uncommon blueprints as well if people are struggling after clearing out the no-use items.
I just quick scanned it earlier and it looks fully updated now as far as I can tell. Thanks!

Just read that some engineers require 50 of some items to unlock, so the above will not work.

There are only two engineers you will have that issue with - Ram Tah (50x Classified Scan Databanks) and Hera Tani (50x Decoded Emission Data) - but remember you don't have to give them 50 all at once. So collect some, hand them in and go collect more... repeat till you have the engineer unlocked. After that discard all CSD because it is not used otherwise and probably most DED because it's only used for CDT 4 Thrusters.

I've updated the information with what I have found out about 2.3. There are far fewer items that have no use (I suspect that FD refer to this thread when looking for new materials to use!) so I've added more items that are only used for one or two blueprints.

Nice list, thanks for the work!

However, what you list under "limited use" are pretty much the most useful ones as they are predominantly for the best (grade 5) versions of interesting blueprints.

The real problem I have right now is that my game runs with version 2.2. Do you happen to have an older list covering the state as is?

Nice list, thanks for the work!

However, what you list under "limited use" are pretty much the most useful ones as they are predominantly for the best (grade 5) versions of interesting blueprints.

The real problem I have right now is that my game runs with version 2.2. Do you happen to have an older list covering the state as is?

I updated it to 2.3 in advance so that people can avoid throwing stuff out that they will need a few weeks' from now. I don't have a 2.2. version any more.

Materials with limited uses are:

• Antimony - only required for Heavy Duty Shield Booster grade 5
  • Biotech Conductors - only required for Short Range and Long Range Weapon grade 5
  • Chemical Distillery - only required for Charge Enhanced Power Distributor grade 3 and FSD Long Range grade 4
  • Improvised Components - only required for Reinforced Shield Generator grade 5
  • Pharmaceutical Isolators - only required for Dirty Drive Tuning grade 5
  • Proto Heat Radiators - only required for Thermal Resistant Hull Reinforcement grade 5 and Efficient Weapon grade 5
  • Zirconium - only required for Explosive Hull Reinforcement grade 3 and Overcharged Weapon grade 5

Suggesting to discard this is not very helpful.

Top Bottom