Some ideas

Hey guys, first I'm sorry if I write something wrong or it will be hard to understand - english isn't my first language.

I feel like Planet zoo is a great game for those people who love animals and building. I sadly suck at building. I love to watch other people to build stuff, get inspired, trying it by myself.. But after like an hour or two of building, I get tired and want to do some fun zoo stuff. But.. What? I feel like there isn't much stuff to do other than building. Challenge mode isn't a challenge at all, it's just an offline franchise. I play on medium difficulty only because I see "animals get bored of enrichment items" only as a frustrating thing, not a challenge. So down here I write some ideas I have, which I think could help with that, but not only with this particular "issue".

1. Slowing the progress down
I don't buy animals for CC, because I'm trying to add some challenge and breed best animals from the worst. So I have unused CCs, but if I wanted, I can start a zoo wth I don't know, lions and some other popular animals. We are opening a new zoo, it should look like that I think. Maybe limited market for that, bad genetics not-so-popular animals until you reach certain goals, sometimes little bit better animal for CCs to actually use them (I don't believe I'm the only one with million unused CCs), maybe get animal genetics to certain point to unlock more animals or better genetics? Something to slow it all down a bit. I can get to a super popular 5* zoo with everyone totally happy in like a few hours, simply because I can't build and somehow I just don't struggle with finances (wish it would be the same in real life, lol).

2. Some minigames
I'm not sure if this is actually fitting to PZ, but I mention it anyway. I would love something different from time to time to happen. Maybe a some kind of minigame? But only thing I could came with was some vet stuff. Animal is sick, figuring out why is sick, what's happening, what to do to stop it, etc. Maybe some time before notifitication poping up, you just looking around your zoo, your animals and spot a zebra having problems with walking. So take it to a vet center probably, do some check up, maybe she has a stone in her hoof. Then fixing it. What do you think about something like that? Like I said, I'm not sure if this would fit PZ as it is, but why not to talk about it from different points of view. Maybe helping with research, checking on animals, checking for some unique behavior or stuff, having small quiz, if we know about that animal something and if we actually can take care of it..
Do you have some other minigame ideas?

3. Terrain paint
I know PZ is focusing a lot on being realistic, but I would love to have (or have a chance to enable maybe in challenge mode, I don't play sandbox) an option to use all the terrain, not be "restrained" (I'm not sure if it's a right word, sorry about that) by a biome. I want to have a lush rainforest and beautiful green pastures and perfect desert habitats on one map.

4. More in-game achievements
We are getting a lot of different coat variants lately. I would love if I could check in game what coats I already bred and what I'm still missing for certain animal. Both exhibit and habitat. Which could bring us to a thing, that we have so many animals which could have so much more coat variations and they are being.. forgotten? Peafowls, crocs and bunch of others.

5. Genetics
This isn't really a suggestion, since I can't think of anything, but I would love to see some additions to a gen system, it's nice they have those stats, but I feel like it isn't affecting them in any way. It's nice to have it, but seems so plain, unfinished and useless a bit.

I'm pretty sure I had more things in my mind, but, jeez, I can't recall anymore now. I will write them down once (and if) I'll remember.

For now, that would be probably all from me. I would love to hear your ideas, what do you think about it, what else could be done etc. Let's discuss, use our imagination a bit, so.. yeah.

Thank you and have a nice day for now :)

These are some good ideas, particularly #2. I feel like the in game achievements try to touch on the but it’s very shallow. By that i mean the “have 300 guests” , “earn a certain amount of profits “, “buy two habitat species” etc ones.

Having some special assignments that are randomly set instead of being the same every game would be great. The species involved would be limited to those in your zoo but could pop up randomly.

Animals do get sick and a vet does treat them, but its also something the player isn’t involved in, if the staff is regularly attending to animals. You may even miss it completely because its happening automatically based on staff setup

Do you have some other minigame ideas?
Maybe the Possibility to sedate escaped Animals yourself like it is possible in Jurassic World Evolution

we have so many animals which could have so much more coat variations and they are being.. forgotten? Peafowls, crocs and bunch of others.
Exactly. Especially noticeable with Chimpanzees, Japanese Macaques and Timberwolves. The Dingo could also get some additional Variations. How could I forget to also mention the Llama and the Bactrian Camel?🦙🐫

5. Genetics
This isn't really a suggestion, since I can't think of anything, but I would love to see some additions to a gen system, it's nice they have those stats, but I feel like it isn't affecting them in any way. It's nice to have it, but seems so plain, unfinished and useless a bit.
Also one weird Thing about the Size Genes: Saltwater Crocodiles can rarely even grow to the impressive Size of 7m but in the Game the Limit for those seems to be at 5,80m. Spent so much Time once to get the new Size Record but it seems that the Limit is really at 5,80m. Of course I don't want them to grow to that Size all the Time because it's rare for them to get that big but it would be nice if it could happen extremely rarely

These are some good ideas, particularly #2. I feel like the in game achievements try to touch on the but it’s very shallow. By that i mean the “have 300 guests” , “earn a certain amount of profits “, “buy two habitat species” etc ones.

Having some special assignments that are randomly set instead of being the same every game would be great. The species involved would be limited to those in your zoo but could pop up randomly.

Animals do get sick and a vet does treat them, but its also something the player isn’t involved in, if the staff is regularly attending to animals. You may even miss it completely because its happening automatically based on staff setup
I would really like this. I've enjoyed the random Events in Zoo Tycoon 2 a lot

I particularly like the way JWE followed with team missions: investigation, security and entertainment.
I think adding something like this to Planet Zoo could add more action to the game.

Something like Science/Health, Security and Entertainment/Education missions... just to suggest some ideas.

In addition, the fact that you yourself can vaccinate the animals in JWE, makes you interact more with them and immerse yourself more in the game. I think that some alternative in this direction could be very well received, at least from my point of view and my way of playing.

Something like Science/Health, Security and Entertainment/Education missions... just to suggest some ideas
😃 I would definitely do the Science and Health Missions all the Time

In addition, the fact that you yourself can vaccinate the animals in JWE, makes you interact more with them and immerse yourself more in the game. I think that some alternative in this direction could be very well received, at least from my point of view and my way of playing.
Didn't play in a long Time but I'm pretty sure you couldn't vaccinate them but only treat them when they were sick. But as I've mentioned in another Thread it would be great if Animals could be vaccinated and if there would be a Update to the Disease System.

Top Bottom