Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

Actually it really fits. Frontier has a history of rarely picking the obvious exhibit animal.
They did deliver with the axolotl, terrapin and salamander. And i'm sure a lot of people had the red eye tree frog in their wishlists. The blue tongue skink wasn't the obvious choice but still a very popular animal overall. We were also waiting for a small tortoise only for habitat instead of inside a box haha

They did deliver with the axolotl, terrapin and salamander. And i'm sure a lot of people had the red eye tree frog in their wishlists. The blue tongue skink wasn't the obvious choice but still a very popular animal overall. We were also waiting for a small tortoise only for habitat instead of inside a box haha
Im not saying any of them were bad picks, just that more often than not they didnt chose the species that first comes to mind for the given theme.
For the most part i think they actually did a great job picking the exhibit species in terms of variety and such, which probably isnt to easy given that there is only a single spot per DLC.
You know in a different world were exhibit are a little more customizeable id really wanted to see them adding in an extra exhibit animal for each pack. Just one feels so little for the vast world of inverts, reptiles and ampibians, especially now were they also compete with the WEs on top of that

Any scenery themes you guys expect on the future DLCs? Such as North America native theme, Latin America theme, Himalayan theme, and what else? Any generic themes you guys think are great additions to the game?

Any scenery themes you guys expect on the future DLCs? Such as North America native theme, Latin America theme, Himalayan theme, and what else? Any generic themes you guys think are great additions to the game?
NA and LA are the most likely ones to me imo, an LA one because the revisit of south america is long overdue and the SA scenery we have is for the most part just a generic kinda cheesy jungle/temple theme. NA is also missing a theme and it has multiple packs it could reasonably come in. But a himalayan one i can definetly see aswell coming in a mountains pack. A Barnyard theme is also definetly possible for a petting zoo pack.
Personally i dont really care to much about the specific theme thats chosen. So far ive always been able to make good use of the bulk of the pieces in the packs regardless of theme.
If i had to selfishly chose one id pick a generic city theme, with flexicolor cars, playground pieces and other props

Also speaking of NA themes got me thinking.
How would yall feel about (Not as the final pack, just assuming support continues):

Desert Pack
-Hamadryas baboon
-Coyote
-Black tailed jackrabbit
-Perentie
-Niger uromastyx (E)
-Wild west theme bringing a horizontal wood set, a few skull and skeleton props, cowboy and native american scenery like coaches and wagons, totems and the like.

It has a really popular animal with the baboon, a new usefull rig with the rabbit, two clones one of which is heavily liked to the scenery them and one is important to australian zoos.
The scenery would have the missing horizontal wood set which i imagine you could make either nicely painted or old an weathered looking via flexicolor. The skulls (i imagine here the classic buffalo one, and then one from each of the habitat animals) would work as decorations for habitats but also for educational displays and museum type things.

We were also waiting for a small tortoise only for habitat instead of inside a box haha
I always wanted a little tortoise and I never expected it to be a habitat animal instead of an exhibit. I also want the African spurred tortoise which is medium/large sized and that one I want it to be a habitat animal of course.

An island pack isn't impossible, but most of the animals people really wanted from it were knocked out in Tropical and Oceania. It's really just the tree kangaroo, which could easily headline an arboreal pack.

I think there’s still quite a lot that could come from an island pack:

• Tree Kangaroo
  • Aye-Aye
  • Echidna/Tenrec
  • Banteng or Anoa
  • Visayan Warty Pig or Bornean Bearded Pig
  • Sulawesi Black Crested Macaque
  • Bokiboky

Like I don’t think anyone would scoff at a pack that was:
  • Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo
  • Aye-Aye
  • Short-Beaked Echidna
  • Madagascar Giant Day Gecko (Exhibit)

Specially if the new DLC is going to delay until April, May or even be released in the next typical window of June 💀
Did somebody create a Summer 2024 speculation thread? Because maybe we will need to merge it with this thread 😅
There already is a summer 2024 it was made last year during the winter dlc era they for sure will not release it after may since they have confirmed it will be this financial year which ends at the start of june this was a recent confirmation so console release will have no affect on this.
I'd imagine they may handle it in a similar fashion to the anniversary tease. Not quite as fun as a livestream but... If they do it right and drop a few hints leading up to the reveal? They could definitely get the community talking and I think it could be almost as fun in terms of speculating on the hints they drop. Especially if it were over several days.
I would actually prefer this the livestreams were always a bit weird as there are long periods of time with nothing on top of also being mostly about the free update. A set of brief video clips or pictures would condense the information so much better and make speculation nicer

There already is a summer 2024 it was made last year during the winter dlc era they for sure will not release it after may since they have confirmed it will be this financial year which ends at the start of june this was a recent confirmation so console release will have no affect on this.

I would actually prefer this the livestreams were always a bit weird as there are long periods of time with nothing on top of also being mostly about the free update. A set of brief video clips or pictures would condense the information so much better and make speculation nicer
Oh maan, that 1 day between the special lifestream and the actual DLC reveal was always the most fun, everybody speculating and discussion which teaser might be what animal.
Really gonna miss that for the next reveal(s hopefully lol)

Australias got a lot of extremely charismatic small critters, I would have loved to see the spiny devil or the frilled lizard as well, the blue-tongued skink was a great pick either way
  • Banteng or Anoa
  • Visayan Warty Pig or Bornean Bearded Pig
  • Bokiboky
What makes you think the community would welcome a pack like this? literally zero popular or heavily requested species and just more useless fodder for SEA, yikes.

Anyhoo the chances of the next pack being South America focused are like, super high.

Last edited:
Australias got a lot of extremely charismatic small critters, I would have loved to see the spiny devil or the frilled lizard as well, the blue-tongued skink was

What makes you think the community would welcome a pack like this? literally zero popular or heavily requested species and just more useless fodder for SEA, yikes.

Anyhoo the chances of the next pack being South America focused are like, super high.
Can’t see where I actually said a pack of those 4 animals together? They were possible picks for a pack. While you conveniently cropped out the headliners above them.

One or two of those amongst echidnas, tree kangaroos and aye-ayes in a scenery would be in keeping with other packs.

Nice try though.

Wow new nightmare pack for this year discovered for me, a tropical pack but 'improved' is among the last things I would want.

Considering Latin America is the frontrunner and obvious choice for any upcoming pack, prepared to be underwhelmed my friend.

What else are you expecting if not some sort of South America/Rainforest Pack?

Islands? ;)

Or some mega bird and aquarium expansion from Mars?

Can’t see where I actually said a pack of those 4 animals together? They were possible picks for a pack. While you conveniently cropped out the headliners above them.

One or two of those amongst echidnas, tree kangaroos and aye-ayes in a scenery would be in keeping with other packs.

Nice try though.
3 rights don't amend the rest of the list being atrocious

"Can’t see where I actually said a pack of those 4 animals together" you literally did, just because you added 3 good animals on top doesn't fix it.

Last edited:
aquarium expansion from Mars?
Now that's an idea

af590f23228c58bd0b2e6e4179e263e5f26d004f_2000x2000.jpg

My ideal picks for a Islands pack would be:
  • Goodfellow's tree kangaroo
  • Short-beaked echidna
  • Aye-aye / Coquerel's sifaka
  • Cuban hutia
  • Western crowned pigeon
  • Javan lutung
  • Nene / Laysan teal
  • Panther chameleon (E)
I say ideal but pretty sure if you ask me any other day I'll pick some different animals, but these are all I like. I've been biting my tongue to include the lowland anoa here ahahaha, I want it but any of these is way more valuable than another ungulate at this point of the game, I can recognize that.

People that are the most invested in the game are going to hold inflexible/incompatible opinions, especially after 5 years.

There's also a few contexts being thrown around, with many convinced the next DLC is the last one. Being protective is understandable, though it might be best to be a bit kinder about it.

At the end of the day, Frontier's decisions were finalised a while ago, and we're just waiting to be told what it was. Predictions are pretty harmless, especially by page 229 (they'd be checking main posts at best by this point, surely)

I mean the discussion came back to pack-guessing 😭 😭 😭

Can't we just do some crazy theorizing like the possibility of frontier hiding some secret easter egg for the future pack in the console version?

Like imagine they have some secret decoration or something hinting at it... I have thought of it.
A pre-build is kind of the only easter egg opportunity, with only the base game themes available, I'm not seeing it, but maybe.

A console player is going to have one look at that dodo statue and assume precisely that though, poor innocent child.

Last edited:
Remember, many come from different countries with different cultures and for many, English is not their native language. Misunderstanding and misinterpretation are as certain as Amen in church. So just stay a little relaxed and don't always take everything personally.

Top Bottom