Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

Regarding deer, I'm all for more of them except in Europe, I know the white tail deer is a bit controversial, but...just like the American black bear and the golden monkey, although there are many people who have a negative attitude towards them, there are still many people who want to Yes, I think this is normal. What I want most is at least 3 deer representing Asia, the white-lipped deer from the cold climate, the PD deer or tufted deer from the temperate zone, and the sambar deer or muntjac from the tropics.(PS:Does anyone know anything about Darth Quell? It's been a long time since I've seen him active.)

Why is it always when those discussion about some animals come up that people interpret them as us saying that these a top prio or should get into the final DLC instead of monkeys or bird?
Noone even hinted at that.
Its just that the need of monkeys and birds has come up like a thousand times by now
So this might be a bit of a stretch, I think it’s because some think the community has a greater effect on animal selection than it actually does. Yes, Frontier has clearly followed the Meta Wishlist, but outside of that they usually pick their own animals. Granted frontier has a clear pattern and bias. So maybe it’s the thought that if people talk about anything else monkeys and birds will be ignored?

So this might be a bit of a stretch, I think it’s because some think the community has a greater effect on animal selection than it actually does. Yes, Frontier has clearly followed the Meta Wishlist, but outside of that they usually pick their own animals. Granted frontier has a clear pattern and bias. So maybe it’s the thought that if people talk about anything else monkeys and birds will be ignored?
I think if frontier havent picked up on the want for birds and monkeys all hope is lost anyways :D

Im looking at no challange cause there is none.
All actually challanging aspects of the game are tied to building with things like layout, design and guestflow, which are mostly just cosmetic anyways.

Currency is invalid, get 2 tortoises, press speed up, go afk for 2-3 hours and your swimming in money and cc.

The market is inflated to a point of tedium, where you have to pay max price for mid animals, creating an artifical barrier for new comers but just a little annoyance for those that allready have a franchise running.

The game is way to fast to allow for any micro decision making and some animals just die like flys.

Putting a timed mode in a game about building is just nonsense, the games strenght is in building so why am i punished for actually taking my time and making stuff pretty?

The only mode i cannot completly bash are the careers, cause while i have 0 interest in them due to prefering freedom in my builds, i can defenetly see that their handholdy nature would help players with a lack of direction.
Its boogus that i have to play them against my will for the very usefull animal statues, but thats another issue.

Now sandbox, that mode does what it says, actually alligns with the game strenghts and even allows to enable everything you do like of the "Management", easily the definitive mode of the game
I Think we gonna agree on disagree, tbh.

I agree that the game is too fast, but let's be fair, nobody care or like micro-decision such as the ones from JWE 2, and the avarege player don't really bound with the animals or care about specific individuals.

Timed modes are interesting because they swin against the tide, while all the other modes focus on building, timed is about meeting objectives, is it bad? Depends on what is your objective and mood, i find it fun ehen i don't want to build something.

Besides, if sandbox is that good and the other modes are that bad, its entirelly frontier fault, who made sandbox good after updating it four times, while left everything else to rotten.

I also must say that im not a sandbox mode hater, i use it often to make test and to see blueprints, but it's simply not my cup of tea, and im fine on franchise currently, would i love some changes? Yup, will frontier update it? Absolutelly not.

I don’t want to sound awful, I want to be hopeful, but if Frontier has sidelined birds and monkeys for 4 years they wouldn’t necessarily stop now. So if people talk about cats, dogs, bears, crocodiles, and anything else they aren’t changing the outcome. Frontier might see all the talk about birds and monkeys, and frankly even if it is what is desperately needed they might still have no plan to change that.

Frontier doesn’t sit around seeing what people want on the forum/ steam/ twitter/ Youtube. Yes they use the meta wishlist as a useful tool, but Frontier plans the animals in advance.

I think if frontier havent picked up on the want for birds and monkeys all hope is lost anyways :D
I’m sure they have picked up on it, the question will become if they will do anything about it. The team is smaller, and they are moving on to new projects. We also don’t know how much of the staff have been working on porting the game over to console, and how many are working on the dlc.

So maybe birds are harder to work on, and they won’t spend as much time dedicated to them. Maybe birds aren’t that much harder than other animals, but Frontier simply doesn’t want to add them. Maybe Frontier doesn’t add birds because they want to do flying birds mostly and they can’t, so as an unfortunate by product they focus less on habitat birds.

We don’t know Frontier’s reasoning and never will. My hope is they see all the support for monkeys and birds and the final dlc is more focused on them. We will certainly see. I won’t be surprised if current resources require the final dlc to play it more “safe”.

I don’t want to sound awful, I want to be hopeful, but if Frontier has sidelined birds and monkeys for 4 years they wouldn’t necessarily stop now. So if people talk about cats, dogs, bears, crocodiles, and anything else they aren’t changing the outcome. Frontier might see all the talk about birds and monkeys, and frankly even if it is what is desperately needed they might still have no plan to change that.

Frontier doesn’t sit around seeing what people want on the forum/ steam/ twitter/ Youtube. Yes they use the meta wishlist as a useful tool, but Frontier plans the animals in advance.
I dont even think the Meta wishlist was that big of a factor for Frontier. I mean for the most part whats high on the wishlist is just whats popular in real life, so you could very reasonably come up with the majority of planet zoos roster without referencing the wishlist.
And there are pretty obvious times where Frontier ignored the wishlist, the choice of sloth for example or not including the baboon in arid.

Overall the Meta Wishlists are an incredible thing and im glad for them, but i think people may read to much into how impactfull they were for frontier

I dont even think the Meta wishlist was that big of a factor for Frontier. I mean for the most part whats high on the wishlist is just whats popular in real life, so you could very reasonably come up with the majority of planet zoos roster without referencing the wishlist.
And there are pretty obvious times where Frontier ignored the wishlist, the choice of sloth for example or not including the baboon in arid
I always thought the baboon business just came down to the cape porcupine. Like they spent so much time on the quills and model they had to fill the rest of the pack with “““clones””” to save time and cost.
TBH if that isn’t the reason it definitely makes the lack of baboon a weird decision.

Yeah I guess it makes sense if the wishlist isn’t as used, all of it could just be an obvious coincidence. I always interpreted it as Frontier picks a couple of the top picks for the community and then just move on to pick surprise animals.

But if they don’t use the wishlist, it really makes me wonder some of their animal decisions. Like ducks are popular in real life and we haven’t seen any at all.

Independent of a DLC, what are your top 3 animal picks for each of the following areas? (or all of them if less than 3):
  • Caribbean
  • Indian subcontinent
  • Madagascar/Mascarenes/East African Islands
  • New Zealand/New Caledonia/Hawaii/Pacific islands (Oceania, excluding Australia)
  • Antarctic (including Subantarctic islands)
  • Caribbean: American Flamingo + White-tailed Deer* + Green Iguana
  • Indian subcontinent: Golden Jackal + Great Hornbill + Honey Badger
  • Madagascar/Mascarenes/East African Islands: Fanaloka + Panther Chameleon + Common Tenrec
  • New Zealand/New Caledonia/Hawaii/Pacific islands (Oceania, excluding Australia): Nene + Sulawesi Bear Cuscus + Black Swan
  • Antarctic (including Subantarctic islands): Rockhopper Penguin + Striated Caracara + Leopard Seal
Edited to add Swan and Seal

God, as the dust has settled, Arid really was a collection of bizarre decisions.

I'm not here to yuck anyone's yum as they say, but it's really left me baffled.

Let's do another biome-based pack!
...but they're all from one region...

It's gonna be desert-themed!
...but many of them don't even live in the desert, so we'll call Arid to not get called out...

It's gonna be an animal pack, which always excels in biodiversity!
...the majority of the animals will be the most-represented clade of animals, from the most-represented continent...

Regarding deer, I'm all for more of them except in Europe, I know the white tail deer is a bit controversial, but...just like the American black bear and the golden monkey, although there are many people who have a negative attitude towards them, there are still many people who want to Yes, I think this is normal. What I want most is at least 3 deer representing Asia, the white-lipped deer from the cold climate, the PD deer or tufted deer from the temperate zone, and the sambar deer or muntjac from the tropics.(PS:Does anyone know anything about Darth Quell? It's been a long time since I've seen him active.)
White-tailed Deer is one of my most wanted animals! I think its unique compared to the elk vs red deer personally... I believe he left the forums... I miss him :(

My thoughts:
1710951028691.png

Back
Top Bottom