Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

Here is a question: do they have to update the steamdb a couple weeks in advance? Or could they just update it and drop the dlc within a week? They seemed to drop the JWE2 dlc quickly, I wonder if they might do the same.
Of course they can. The branches on steam are just different versions of the game in different states, allowing you to provide a version to the a user for testing at any given time.

For instance, you simply cannot say that it for sure will take +-5 weeks after the outsource_lqa update for a PDLC to come out. LQA is language quality assurance, aka an external party checks if all the translations and texts are done. That's a process that can take a day or two if there's not much to check, several weeks if there's a lot with a lot of feedback, a week if there's not a lot of feedback, etc., all depending on much needs to be checked. JWE's latest DLC is a perfect example because chances are high that they reused translations from JWE1, ones that were already checked in the past, so the LQA time is much shorter.

We have no real clue when it will happen, but the branches can't tell us that much, there's no fixed rules for it. Heck, by all means, if they knew that they were going to downsize the team and the next DLC was the last one, it might even make sense for them to have checked the translations last year and it would explain why the branch hasn't been updated.

The branches are the upmost tip of the iceberg on a foggy day. You're missing 95% of the actual information that will predict when it's going to be released. In the past we've been able to spot somewhat of a pattern, but nothing of that has to be set in stone, tomorrow could be a complete new iceberg we've never seen before and we'd never know.

Aquatic and Twilight as the next bundle is such a weird choice. Yeah Aquatic is great as the second one but mixing it with Twilight seems odd. I guess the packs that would fix those two are already in.

So I missed that bit about DLC’s for console. Heard that they’ve just mentioned twilight / aquatic in May. Anybody heard it all maybe?

So no DLC’s in April???

Top Bottom