Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

New theory: the DLC Will drop on Monday 22 April which is Earth Day.

The North America animal pack was released on a Monday to match World Animal Day.

So if my idea is not wrong, it would be like this:

March 26: North America and Europe (temperate packs)
April 22: new tropical-ish DLC
May 28: aquatic and twilight

1 month approx between each DLC and no overlapping of themes. For me it makes sense!

So if my idea is not wrong, it would be like this:

March 26: North America and Europe (temperate packs)
April 22: new tropical-ish DLC
May 28: aquatic and twilight

1 month approx between each DLC and no overlapping of themes. For me it makes sense!
Yeah, I had similar thoughts... lets hope we are right.
I didn't get the chance to watch the stream. I'm assuming nothing about the DLC?
Nope. PC players basically do not exist for Frontier at the moment.

It actually does make complete sense, only the steamdb still isn’t updated which honestly I’m leaning more towards it being updated a week or 2 before launch as opposed to 4 or 5, cause this is getting ridiculous waiting. If the pack releases on the 22nd the latest we could get an announcement is the 16th or earlier, the 9th (using Tuesdays cause that’s what they did last time).

Short survey. What are the 5 most important animals in South America that are still missing? Which ones should definitely be added?
1. Andean Bear. The SA bear, Andean rep
2. Rhea: the big bird of SA
3. A monkey: do I say more?
4. Coati: seems like a unique enough creature.
5. Can really be anything. I don’t prioritize bush dog, ocelot, deer or the other animal types as the 4 above really cover areas to wrap up SA.
I got no nomination for a exhibit SA but a great WE would either be humingbird set of 5 or Parrot/macaw set of 5

Short survey. What are the 5 most important animals in South America that are still missing? Which ones should definitely be added?
  1. Humboldt penguin
  2. Black caiman
  3. Hairy armadillo
  4. South American sea lion
  5. White tailed deer

Nah, just kidding, get down your swords and torches:
  1. Squirrel monkey
  2. South American coati
  3. Patagonian mara
  4. Southern tamandua
  5. Howler or spider monkey or white faced saki

Ocelot, coati, rhea, mara, and basically any monkey - probably spider or howler should top the list, but really, any of them.

Runners-up would include spectacled bear, Brazilian tapir, southern tamandua, red-footed tortoise. Bush dog as a total bias pick. If habitat birds were fully on the table, I’d say scarlet ibis, roseate spoonbill, and a curassow would be up there too, but despite the last two packs I still can’t convince myself it’s worth trying to prioritize most birds.

Oh, and two-toed sloth for walkthrough.

5 Habitat Animals
  1. Golden Lion Tamarin (and possibly the cotton-top and emperor tamarins): They aren't just my favorite zoo animal. I actually think tamarins are one of the best and most important choices left overall. They check all of the boxes: they are cute/colorful (highly marketable), add primate representation, add South American representation, would be fun to build for, have one of the most known conservation stories on the continent, and are extremely common in zoos around the world.
  2. Geoffroy's Spider Monkey and/or Black Howler Monkey: These are two larger and highly popular choices for South American primates. Howler monkeys would utilize the chorus behavior and certainly add something noticeable to the soundscape. Spider monkeys (which I have a slight preference for) would use the brachiating mechanics, be very fun to watch, and are difficult for modders to implement. Both are somewhat common in zoos and iconic species. I want them in Planet Zoo.
  3. South American Coati: This highly popular mammal is common in zoos. I probably would have put the ocelot or tamandua here last year, but coatis have been growing on me. They sort of remind me of red pandas in a good way. SA needs at least one non-primate arboreal thing.
  4. Roseate Spoonbill/Scarlet Ibis/American Flamingo: I have a hard time picking which one. The scarlet ibis is the prettiest, the roseate spoonbill is interesting and has the largest range, and the American Flamingo is also pretty, well-known, and more realistic for outdoor enclosures. While I'd love to get all 3, I'd be pretty happy to get any of them.
  5. Rhea and/or Patagonian Mara: While they aren't personal favorites, I can't deny that they are essential for non-tropical SA representation. They would probably share habitats with llamas. Both are common in zoos. The rhea would strongly resemble an ostrich, and the mara would take a bit more work.
  6. Everything else that seems important to me:
    • Spectacled Bear: The spectacled bear is one of the last two bears and a major icon of the Andes. Their markings and larger social groups would make them distinct from other bears.
    • Ocelot: Ocelots seem easy to implement and would add a smaller-sized cat which SA lacks. These little, spotted cats range into multiple biomes and are also very common in zoos. I love cats, so I want them pretty badly. Margays are a possible alternative that would strongly resemble the fossa. They are less common in zoos, but they have huge eyes, hunt tamarins, and are my second favorite small cat, about tied with servals.
    • Tamandua: Tamanduas would complete the Xenarthrans (anteater/sloth/armadillo taxon) and add an arboreal habitat one. They are interesting.
    • Agouti: Agoutis are an underrated rodent that would be useful for mixed-species topical houses.
    • Brazilian Porcupine: This is an adorable option for a New World porcupine, but it is less important than some others here.
    • Squirrel Monkey: They are also popular and low-hanging fruit. Tufted capuchins are less colorful but would also be nice to have.
    • Brown Pelican: This one would boost both SA and NA
    • Duck: The white-faced whistling is a popular choice and would also boost Africa. Muscovy ducks are also interesting choices and highly useful if we get domestics.
View attachment 387879
5 Exhibit Animals:
  1. Emerald Tree Boa: It's a favorite I look for in reptile collections. It's also very popular.
  2. Eyelash Viper: A flashy yellow snake would be nice.
  3. Mata Mata Turtle: Funky and popular turtle.
  4. Blue Poison Frog: The most requested dart frog, of which a few more would be nice and low-effort
  5. Coral Snake: Pretty stripy snake.
5 Flying Birds:
  1. Macaws: Duh
  2. Toucans: Also duh
  3. Andean Condor: Neat conservation icon.
  4. Harpy Eagle: One of several eagles I would like to see
  5. Hoatzin: My personal favorite but probably less important overall. The realistic choice should be the burrowing owl, which is nice for non-tropical SA and NA.
  6. Honorable Mentions: Burrowing Owl, Sun Conure, Resplendent Quetzal,
Edited to add the agouti picture.
Great selection of what animals are needed! Really goes to show one dlc won’t fix the issue!

1. Brown Pelican
2. American Flamingo
3. Scarlet Ibis
4. Roseate Spoonbil
5. Red Legged Seriema

:geek:
Sees no monkey

Pz5W.gif

I don’t think leaving the pieces in a separate pack is a good idea, like how would you even market that to get people's attention? I would do 3 animals and 75-100 pieces for 5 bucks.
that's a good idea, lets share are ideas of this pack.

Herpetology Pack

Come with us to the basking rock to check out the reptiles of the world. Join use to our reptile house to see the wildlife of the Planet Zoo: Herpetology Pack!

let's go on a reptile adventure and discover 3 new species: the Rugged Nile Crocodile, the Goofy Radiated Tortoise, and the highly aquatic Painted Terrapin.
Screenshot 2024-03-27 181255.png

Alongside this pack, you will have access to over 80+ new pieces for building reptile habitats including a variety of new faux rocks and plants as well as a few new construction pieces like concrete walls, glass panels, and more!

Last edited:
1. Bolivian squirrel monkey.
2. Spider monkey (pushing the definition here; the one I consider important is the Geoffroy's, which is technically a Central American species).
3. Howler (don't care which).
4. White-faced saki.
5. Agouti.

that's a good idea, lets share are ideas of this pack.

Herpetology Pack

Come with us to the basking rock to check out the reptiles of the world. Join use to our reptile house to see the wildlife of the Planet Zoo: Herpetology Pack!

Take a walk through the meadows and fields of spring and discover 3 new species: the Rugged Nile Crocodile, the Goofy Radiated Tortoise, and the highly aquatic Painted Terrapin.
View attachment 387918
Alongside this pack, you will have access to over 80+ new pieces for building reptile habitats including a variety of new faux rocks and plants as well as a few new construction pieces like concrete walls, glass panels, and more!
The first thing i thought of was a nocturnal house pack with "lightblocker" pieces and a new flexicolor rock cladding.
The theme has alot of cool possible animals like agoutis, aye-aye, slow loris, tamandua, quoll, luzon cloud rat and brazilian porcupine. The problem is finding some easy to make animals which i guess would be 2/3 of the animals in such a pack with only one new rig

The first thing i thought of was a nocturnal house pack with "lightblocker" pieces and a new flexicolor rock cladding.
The theme has alot of cool possible animals like agoutis, aye-aye, slow loris, tamandua, quoll, luzon cloud rat and brazilian porcupine. The problem is finding some easy to make animals which i guess would be 2/3 of the animals in such a pack with only one new rig
that was what I was thinking to then Twilight Pack came to mind, with that said, this would be great, something like Javan Mouse Deer, Southern Three-Banded Armadillo, and Aya-Aya or brazilian porcupine.

There are 3 possible ways for the future of the dlc support for the pc version and I think they are quite dependent on how well will the console version sell:

1. One last dlc till the end of May, I don’t expect anything special just a regular dlc 4+1 or animal pack 7+1. DLC would be available multi-platform.
2. New DLC’s will come out regularly as usual until the March-May 2025 when the support for console will end and the financial year on May 2025.
3. Frontier will change the format of the dlc and will introduce us to something totally new.

Which outcome would be the most interesting for you?
I think 2 is the most likely though I would like a combination of 2 and 3
At this point I’m guessing they’re just choosing random ones to pair, I really can’t see a pattern here.
Im convinced that they are looking at the sales data from pc looking at which dlc combos are the least likely to have been bought together and matching them to boost sales its why every combo seems wierd.

The Indonesian theme filter being in that earlier vid, but not the Aquatic theme, it is rather strange to see Aquatic & Twilight be the next ones.

The late May release does fit with the 2 per 2 months of Planet Coaster, as well as evenly dividing the 1 year Season Pass timeline.

It actually does make complete sense, only the steamdb still isn’t updated which honestly I’m leaning more towards it being updated a week or 2 before launch as opposed to 4 or 5, cause this is getting ridiculous waiting. If the pack releases on the 22nd the latest we could get an announcement is the 16th or earlier, the 9th (using Tuesdays cause that’s what they did last time).
When it happens consistently over years, even between games, it's hard to see them changing steamDB behaviour that much.

I could see them doing a free console update for Earth day, seeing the Peccary is still missing, as is the souvenir shop (the viewing dome is available, so it looks like console is currently at least 1.15)

Last edited:
Top Bottom