Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

Short survey. What are the 5 most important animals in South America that are still missing? Which ones should definitely be added?
1. Squirrel monkey - Not only are they very common in zoos, but they would also add a monkey with a dragging or dangling tail. That would do wonders for modding of other monkeys. At this point, I don't particularly mind what species.
2. Spider monkey - Commonly-kept in captivity (much more common than howler monkeys, which I'm personally not massively enthused about) and very interesting animals to look at. Don't particularly mind what species it is, provided it is kept at least somewhat frequently.
3. Agouti - One of the most commonly-kept of South America's rodents, very suitable for mixing with other species and very nice to look at. Any of the following three species would be fine for me; Azara's, red-rumped or black-rumped.
4. Ring-tailed coati - Pretty commonly-kept in zoos and one of the most-wanted animals left for the game. Can also represent both rainforest and grassland biomes.
5. Scarlet ibis - Of the South American birds, this is probably one of my favoured choices (for a broader Americas pack, I would add the ocellated turkey and greater roadrunner). They shouldn't be too challenging to make from the flamingo, would add a brilliant flash of colour and represent a new bird group not in the game so far.

As for exhibit animals, I'd go for anything provided it can actually be kept in captivity - emerald tree boas, eyelash pit vipers, bushmasters, false water cobra, Andean milksnake, Peruvian bush anole, Amazon milk frog, Titicaca water frog, aquatic caecilian, more poison-dart frogs, crayola katydid, Surinam grasshopper, a species of praying mantis, headlight beetle - I wouldn't mind any of those just for starters.

Given that it looks like the end is coming, I’ve been thinking about what is most essential for me to get by the end of support. I’ve come up with a fairly ideal final year of content in my eyes but I want to hear what other people think of it.
Spring 2024: Alpine scenery pack with Nepalese scenery
1. Markhor
2. Gelada
3. Spectacled Bear
4. Himalayan Monal
5. Japanese Giant Salamander

Summer 2024: Latin America animal pack
1. Colombian Black Spider Monkey
2. South American Coati
3. Patagonian Mara
4. Roseate Spoonbill
5. Golden Lion Tamarin
6. White Faced Whistling Duck
7. Southern Tamandua
8. Plumed Basalisk

Autumn 2024: Arboreal scenery pack with new climbing pieces and a general rework of climbing
1. Mantled Guereza
2. Hanuman Langur
3. Common Squirrel Monkey
4. Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo
5. Parsons Chameleon

Anniversary 5: Greater Pelican

Winter 2024: Shrublands animal pack
1. Grey Crowned Crane
2. Secretary Bird
3. Honey Badger
4. African Spurred Tortoise
5. Reeves Muntjac
6. Blackbuck
7. Greater Rhea
8. King Cobra

Given that it looks like the end is coming, I’ve been thinking about what is most essential for me to get by the end of support. I’ve come up with a fairly ideal final year of content in my eyes but I want to hear what other people think of it.
Spring 2024: Alpine scenery pack with Nepalese scenery
1. Markhor
2. Gelada
3. Spectacled Bear
4. Himalayan Monal
5. Japanese Giant Salamander

Summer 2024: Latin America animal pack
1. Colombian Black Spider Monkey
2. South American Coati
3. Patagonian Mara
4. Roseate Spoonbill
5. Golden Lion Tamarin
6. White Faced Whistling Duck
7. Southern Tamandua
8. Plumed Basalisk

Autumn 2024: Arboreal scenery pack with new climbing pieces and a general rework of climbing
1. Mantled Guereza
2. Hanuman Langur
3. Common Squirrel Monkey
4. Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo
5. Parsons Chameleon

Anniversary 5: Greater Pelican

Winter 2024: Shrublands animal pack
1. Grey Crowned Crane
2. Secretary Bird
3. Honey Badger
4. African Spurred Tortoise
5. Reeves Muntjac
6. Blackbuck
7. Greater Rhea
8. King Cobra
Personally I would only change the honey badger for a baboon, otherwise I wouldn’t mind if this is how things turn out.

Obviously getting another 27 animals in a year would be nice, even if they aren’t animals I would quite like. Personally ther wouldn’t be many animals I would be opposed to getting.

When it happens consistently over years, even between games, it's hard to see them changing steamDB behaviour that much.
It's all about context, though. And I think the key is in something Iben said earlier. By late last year they knew the team would be strapped (due to restructuring and work needing to be done on new titles). They also probably already knew what the content of this next, and presumably final, pack would be.

So they very well could already have submitted things for translation and gotten them back for this new update/pack in a previous outsource file.

It would make a lot of sense TBH. None of us know for sure but all things considered? If they were ever going to switch it up? This is the pack they'd do it on.

Honestly this makes me think the pack will be bigger, they are taking their time with it. Now obviously it could be 8 animals and scenery, but I don’t know. Maybe it will be the 12 species?

Honestly this makes me think the pack will be bigger, they are taking their time with it. Now obviously it could be 8 animals and scenery, but I don’t know. Maybe it will be the 12 species?
One can dream...
I would be sure of that if the rest of chaos wouldn't have happened, now I'm kind of sharing the perspective and am also kind of wary to share it.

Maybe it will be the 12 species?
Here we go lol

Untitled design.jpeg

One can dream...
I would be sure of that if the rest of chaos wouldn't have happened, now I'm kind of sharing the perspective and am also kind of wary to share it.
Oh yeah this is true, every time I think of something good:
  1. Planet Zoo is a flagship original IP, and console release is now out, even then it has been profitable
  2. More eyes will be on PZ due to that. The new DLC will advertise for both PC and Console
  3. They are taking more time with this one
I think of something bad:
  1. Frontier’s picking the animals, so it’s not guaranteed it’s gonna be what I like/want
  2. JWE2 dlc seems, underwhelming (granted this is not their own IP, which could affect things)
  3. The team has had a downsizing
  4. The state of the company isn’t good
So I get how people are flip-flopping around

I'm wondering how hard it is with using models for the console on PC, I mean I assume they will also be making DLC for console, so why then not releasing that also on PC?

So who wants to start the “mistakes of past packs”?
There is at least one of those every 3 pages, so it shouldn't be a long wait. Personally, I'm not one to say mistakes of past packs, cuz after playing with them, the animals (and pieces) always end up growing on me, and I can't imagine the pack any other way. I can't say there is a single bad animal in PZ (My opinion) now that the tapir is fixed

There is at least one of those every 3 pages, so it shouldn't be a long wait. Personally, I'm not one to say mistakes of past packs, cuz after playing with them, the animals (and pieces) always end up growing on me, and I can't imagine the pack any other way. I can't say there is a single bad animal in PZ (My opinion) now that the tapir is fixed
The West African lion model is below criticism. Also, the Okapi needs an update, too.

Top Bottom