Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

Heres a question, if you had to keep the themes from 2023 packs, how would you lay them out? You can reverse them if you want as long as you have 2 scenery 2 animal.
I'll go first, I tried to keep it realistic as possible:

Tropical Animal Pack
Lar Gibbon
Red River Hog
Fossa
Asian Water Monitor
Sloth Bear
Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo
Greater Rhea
Three Toed Sloth (E)

Arid Pack
African Crested Porcupine
Hamadryas Baboon
Dromedary Camel
Sand Cat
Desert Horned Viper (E)
Africa / Wild West theme scenery & foliage

Islands Animal Pack
Tasmanian Devil
Quokka
North Island Brown Kiwi
Little Penguin
Aye Aye
Banteng
Lowland Anoa
Panther Chameleon (E)

Eurasia Pack
Wisent
Mute Swan
Takin
Sloth Bear
Hermanns Tortoise (E)
Indonesian scenery we would've gotten in the tropical pack.

Tropical Animal Pack:
Lar Gibbon
Fossa
Red River Hog
Asian Water Monitor
Brazilian Porcupine
Shoebill
South American Coatimundi
BT3T Sloth (WTE)

Arid Scenery Pack (American Wild West Scenery, even though it would be total disconnect from the roster):
Crested Porcupine
Dromedary
Hamadryas Baboon
Sand Cat
Egyptian Cobra (E)

Oceania:
NIB Kiwi
Tasmanian Devil
Quokka
Little Blue Penguin
Echidna
Grey Kangaroo
Thorny Devil (E)

Eurasia Scenery Pack (mix of Bavarian and mongolan Steppes architecture) - this was the hardest roster to pare down because it was soooo good:
Wolverine
Mute Swan
Wisent
Wild Boar
Hermann's Turtle (E)

Being completely honest, the pack would kinda be blown for me without the serval 🥲
Fair enough! I put other animals down to be replaced with a serval, personally for the final pack to make me happy (assuming it’s around the world) I personally want the following:
  1. Baboon
  2. SA monkey
  3. A duck
  4. Hopefully another bird
Personally I’m game for anything else.

I would never expect that, but I really got nearly all off my most wanted.

It started with Conservation (oryx and leopard), then Grasslands (maned wolf and hyena), Tropical (river hog), Arid (donkey, gazelle, addax, rhino) and Eurasia (sloth bear, takin, Saiga and tapir).

There is only Père David’s deer left. But I want it so bad, even in spite off how much I’ve already got.
Lets hope we get it aswell then!
In general i hope for everyone that they can look back at their lists of originsl favorites after the last pack and just appreciate how many actually made it

Ofcourse we can talk about what animals are better or more needed additions, but i wont lie often seeing just one person really excited for a new animal makes it worth it for me, be it you with the wild ass, markun with the wolverine and hopefully in the future britches with the pallas cat and whale whenever any bird drops.
Sometimes just leaning back and appreciating other peoples happyness is what makes it so fun to be on here at times and i hope that whatever the next pack will bring that it will make lots of people very happy

Last edited:
OK, if we are being like completely realistic, what does everyone think the next pack is MOST LIKELY to be
Probably Americas As North And South America Are The Only Continents Not To Have A Pack Only To Themselves (Europe And Asia Share Eurasia).
Scenery Pack:
  1. American Black Bear
  2. Wapiti
  3. Black-headed Spider Monkey
  4. Scarlet Ibis
  5. Emerald Tree Boa
  6. Native American Scenery Set
Animal Pack:
  1. Walrus
  2. Wapiti
  3. Sea Otter
  4. Northern Tamandua
  5. Black-headed Spider Monkey
  6. Guanaco
  7. Scarlet Ibis
  8. Giant Hummingbird(WE)
  9. Rufous Hummingbird(WE)
  10. Ruby-throated Hummingbird(WE)
  11. Marvelous Spatuletail(WE)
  12. Green-crowned Brilliant(WE)
I Am Also 99% Sure This Pack Won't Be The Last As They Would Have An Odd Number With Them Using 2 Packs For Deluxe Edition So One Pack Would Be Left Without A Pair.

Last edited:
I’m not convinced that will be a factor, especially if it’s a slightly bigger or mixed format DLC
Look At Planet Coaster Console Edition's DLCs. Ghostbusters Despite Being A Larger DLC It Was Still Paired With Another Pack. DLC Size Has Nothing To Do With It Gets Paired Or Not. So 2 More DLCs Is More Likely Than 1.

Ok, so I went through RandomGoat’s meta wishlist to tally the continents and animal groups represented in the top 20, then I went to SuzieSky’s wishlist to look at the animal by groups in the top 20. I’m trying to predict what the final dlc could be, short answer is I still have no idea. This was a little fun though.

So going off the Goat’s wishlist here are the continents represented in the top 20:
  • Africa: 7
  • South America: 5
  • Europe: 2 (this being the muskox and walrus, which could also be NA animals)
  • Oceania: 2
  • North America: 1 (lonely manatee goes here)
  • Asia: 3
Now here are the groups tallied up in the top 20:
  • I’m only gonna do birds as one group: 4
  • Carnivora: 7
  • Ungulate: 4
  • Primate: 3
  • Marsupial: 1
  • Monotreme: 1

So this is kind of cool, to be honest going off that meta wishlist alone, I think Africa could be the next pack. If we just go based on the amount of animals. South America is the close second, but despite everything it is still only in second.

So instead of tallying up SuzieSky’s top 20, I looked at the total animal groups tallied up. It might show a more accurate look at what the community wants, at least because “group” animals now get their due. So here are the top 20 animals sorted by a group (also let me add Suzie graciously did the tallying up and data herself, so this part is just me relaying information):
  1. New world monkey
  2. African bird
  3. Wild caprid
  4. Old world monkey
  5. South American bird
  6. Waterfowl
  7. South American small mammal
  8. Small cat
  9. Baboon
  10. Bear
  11. Pinniped
  12. African antelope
  13. Pheasant
  14. Tree kangaroo
  15. Coati
  16. Asian antelope
  17. Pelican
  18. Large deer
  19. Echidna
  20. Small deer
This might be closer to what the community has been talking about more recently, and even then that may be generous. Do I think Frontier 100% follows the meta wishlist? Not necessarily, but it’s interesting as we get closer to the finish line to see what the community wants and what could be the final dlc.

I should also say, with last years dlc covering every continent. I wouldn’t be shocked if we finish on a larger Americas pack.
North and South America is all that’s left however I wouldn’t be surprised if they only did South America, because looking at last years animals some of them actually were from North America (peccary, Wolverine, swan even though it’s native to Europe).

OK, if we are being like completely realistic, what does everyone think the next pack is MOST LIKELY to be
Something i will hate like a petting zoo pack or LATAM scenery pack with american flamingo, squirrel monkey, ocelot and spectacled bear.

Or a final DLC with 8 animals from around the world and barely any SA animals or birds

Honestly i'm not very hopeful that next pack will be something i like haha. But is fun to fantasize.

Something i will hate like a petting zoo pack or LATAM scenery pack with american flamingo, squirrel monkey, ocelot and spectacled bear.

Or a final DLC with 8 animals from around the world and barely any SA animals or birds

Honestly i'm not very hopeful that next pack will be something i like haha. But is fun to fantasize.
To be honest I don’t think there could be a pack I could fully hate, even a petting zoo or smaller scenery pack can have its uses.

The only thing I might dislike as a concept is if the “rich get richer”. As in we get a pack that is full ungulates or full Carnivora. Not to say there isn’t animals from both groups I don’t want, Pallas cat and peere David’s deer being examples. I just want the final pack to be diverse, among mammals and non-mammals. If the animal groups who are already doing well end up doing better that might make me miffed.

Heres a question, if you had to keep the themes from 2023 packs, how would you lay them out? You can reverse them if you want as long as you have 2 scenery 2 animal.
I'll go first, I tried to keep it realistic as possible:

Tropical Animal Pack
Lar Gibbon
Red River Hog
Fossa
Asian Water Monitor
Sloth Bear
Greater Rhea
Three Toed Sloth (E)

Arid Pack
Hamadryas Baboon
Dromedary Camel
Sand Cat
Desert Horned Viper (E)
Africa / Wild West theme scenery & foliage

Islands Animal Pack
Tasmanian Devil
Quokka
North Island Brown Kiwi
Little Penguin
Aye Aye
Banteng
Lowland Anoa
Panther Chameleon (E)

Eurasia Pack
Wisent
Mute Swan
Takin
Sloth Bear
Hermanns Tortoise (E)
Indonesian scenery we would've gotten in the tropical pack.
Tropical Animal Pack
Lar Gibbon
Red River Hog
Fossa
Asian Water Monitor
Scarlet Ibis
Reeves Muntjac
Hoffmans Two-Toed Sloth (E)

Arid Pack
Hamadryas Baboon
Dromedary Camel
ROCK HYRAX!!!!!
Gaboon Viper (E)

Oceanna Animal Pack
Tasmanian Devil
Quokka
North Island Brown Kiwi
Little Penguin
Lace Moniter
Short-Beaked Echidna
Numbat
Budgies (WE) or Tuatara (E)

Eurasia Pack
Wisent
Mute Swan
Takin
Pallas Cat
Hermanns Tortoise (E)

If they are going to combine both though they better pull an Eurasia and only do 3 NA and 5 South American, cause we all know South America needs more. Here’s how I would do it:
North America:
  • Brown Pelican
  • American Black Bear
  • Black Footed Ferret
Then for the South American:
  • South American Coati
  • Ocelot
  • Geoffroys Spider Monkey
  • Patagonian Mara
  • Hummingbirds or Macaws (WTE)
1711720073143.jpeg

ferret.jpg

1711722351077.jpeg

1711722615870.jpeg

Agouti-5-650x425.jpg

1711722883694.jpeg

shutterstock_784631011_9.jpg

Patagonian-mara.jpg

Problem with this is that it involves a bear which we just got, but I think it’s inevitable because the ABB is a big icon of NA. Other than that, 2 new rigs, rest are basically clones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom