Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

The ungulate is way too broad of a term. Always disliked ungulates and carnivorans discourse. There's too much variety among ungulates to just cram each choice in same box, it's just taxonomy.

For example, one of the ungulates from the new pack swapped out for Pony would be in my eyes fantastic choice even tho number of ungulates would stay the same

So I think this will be a good experiment to prove what the majority of PZ players want. Feedback on social platforms, and who among us "nerds" is more representative of some of the largest player groups.
Feedback is still required. It’s crucial, they read it all on their own channels, even if it means some things not being done, including popular ones.

Okay guys, what would your Barnyard rosters have been?

1. Highland cow (check)
2. Shetland pony
3. African pygmy goat
4. Ducks, any ducks
5. Fuzzy lop rabbit
6. Tamworth pig (check)
7. Alpaca (check)

8. Barn owl WE

I'm super excited about the donkey, alpacas and highland cow 💚 I wish they added a rabbit instead of the pig or sheep for example. Goats are probably the most common animal in any petting zoo so they are a must in such pack. They could have chosen a different breed like the Nigerian dwarf goat which was mentioned a lot.

Chickens will be cute, I can't wait to hear the sounds they make. I also can't wait to add petting zoo sections to my zoos. Yay 😁

But I agree that in general the selection of breeds is quite UK and Europe centric. More diversity would be so much better!

And I have a feeling it's not the last pack. We're missing too many animals from SA and other parts of the world. Maybe a World tour pack in the summer?

I have no problem with ungulates, on the contrary, I welcome them. But if you ask me to choose between a domestic chicken and Golden Pheasant, then I will definitely choose Golden Pheasant. Likewise, between domestic goats and markhor , I would definitely choose the markhor . To be honest, from the bottom of my heart, my attitude towards the livestock DLC is similar to the American black bear. I have no feelings for this animal, but I understand that some people want them. But the problem is that they can obviously give us better things, but what we have received so far is disappointing. Even those who previously supported the livestock DLC have a negative attitude towards this DLC.

1. Highland cow (check)
2. Shetland pony
3. African pygmy goat
4. Ducks, any ducks
5. Fuzzy lop rabbit
6. Tamworth pig (check)
7. Alpaca (check)

8. Barn owl WE
  1. highland cattle
  2. chicken would have been like the butterflies with multiple species (silky, rhode island red, bantam, etc)
  3. alpaca
  4. egyptian goose
  5. oscellated turkey
  6. nigerean dwarf goat
  7. call duck
  8. praying mantis or common snapping turtle exhibit

1. Highland cow (check)
2. Shetland pony
3. African pygmy goat
4. Ducks, any ducks
5. Fuzzy lop rabbit
6. Tamworth pig (check)
7. Alpaca (check)

8. Barn owl WE
If I remember correctly mine was something like that:
Highland cow ✓
Shetland pony ×
Chicken ✓
Belgian giant rabbit ×
Valais Blacknose sheep ×
Alpaca ✓
I also considered Watusi cattle and St Jacob sheep
I was never sure about what could be included in the exhibit

1. Highland cow (check)
2. Shetland pony
3. African pygmy goat
4. Ducks, any ducks
5. Fuzzy lop rabbit
6. Tamworth pig (check)
7. Alpaca (check)

8. Barn owl WE
Highland i keep. Alpaca i'm alright with. And then some more interesting choices.

1. Duck instead of donkey
2. African pygmy goat instead of that basic goat
3. Rabbit in place of our 5th pig
4. Could keep the chicken although a guineafowl would be better for some variety and use as wild animal. Even a pheasant. Or a more interesting colorful breed.
5. And a shetland ponny or domestic horse instead of a basic sheep.

Top Bottom