Spring dlc Speculation 2023

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Well, i will keep going to the end with an islands pack, this time in a regular pack form 😜

1 Tasmanian devil
2 Fossa
3 Japanese serow
4 Kiwi
5 Panther chameleon (E)
Honestly pretty much perfect roster.

I can see the japanese serow being replaced by some other animal like the nene goose or sumatran rhino, but that's a very good selection indeed.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Well, i will keep going to the end with an islands pack, this time in a regular pack form 😜

1 Tasmanian devil
2 Fossa
3 Japanese serow
4 Kiwi
5 Panther chameleon (E)
Yeah great pack basis with the favourites of the devil, fossa and kiwi. The serow I'm not too sure about but beats having a similar Raccoon if we are talking about Japan

Birds would be awesome for a Spring DLC, but might as well not be the next DLC. I suppose we will be getting a scenery pack next, so... Islands pack? I think a Tasmanian Devil will most likely come and it could be a nice star animal for it.
My assumption was the winter dlc would be a bird/aviary dlc and the spring scenery pack would be an Islands theme to give us the devil, a tree kangaroo and a few other species. I still think that's likely, and then hopefuly birds in the summer? Probably copium on my part haha.

The Islands roster hasn't really changed much for, I think the devil and tree kangaroo are obvious. A fossa is probably likely in that theme as well. Then you could do a lot, like a Hawaiian goose, a kiwi, another penguin, something from Japan etc. Lots of options. I think the exhibit would probably be the giant flying fox.

At least with grasslands the Oceania roster isn't as too dire for a new addition, I would still want a tree kangaroo and the Tasmanian devil till im fully satisfied with a 'complete' Australia zone. Of course Oceania has sooo much more animals but thankfully it's growing to be a more rounded out area. I really couldn't care less about Europe for a spring dlc since we have like the wild boar (wolverine aswell I guess) as the only essential animal left.

We desperately need a new primates though, not really fun getting like one per year when entire zoo zones can be made of just primates. As unique as the proboscis monkey is, it's hardly realistic for my average zoo builds

Last edited:
Islands pack without tree kangaroo would be weird.

Maybe Arboreal animal pack with:

Sloth
Tree kangaroo
Fossa
Coati
Howler monkey or Mantled guereza
NA porcupine
Lar or white chicked gibbon

Ex: 5 species of macaws
noooooo I don't want to see any arboreal porcupine until I don't get my crested porcupine hahaha :ROFLMAO: that's my personally perfers

Full out forest pack. Maybe a primate, two small forest animals. Gonna guess, wolverine/fisher (Predatory small animals), a musk deer, a primate (South American, Lemur, or the tapanuli orangutan are most likely), and I'll toss in a wild card of a Possum (Virginia most likely).

Jesus you all are impatient with this stuff LOL
It's not impatience, it's just memetic at this point.

Anyway, I'm going to say it now; it won't be a bird pack. Everybody expecting a bird pack, stop it. Don't let yourselves down again. 😅 Plus, think about how much more excited you'll be if you're not expecting it and then it is!

I'm also not convinced it will be a scenery pack - I think another animal pack is absolutely possible, maybe even likely. It would be 'on schedule' technically speaking, the shift in pattern this year notwithstanding. Possibly something forest-related, to include both the red river hog and Tasmanian devil.

Im going to be more realistic with roster. Frontier afterall care about money more than what we consider as perfect pack.

Rainforest Animal Pack:
1. Golden Lion Tamarin - pack cover species
2. Matschie's Tree Kangaroo
3. Fossa
4. African Dwarf Crocodile - juicy croc
5. Ocelot - C A T
6. Sumatran Rhinoceros - rhino (lowland anoa as cow alternative, if someone felt offended by rhino lmao)
7. Red River Hog - pig
8. Two-toed Sloth sp. - no reason to demolish entire pack potential just to make it habitat

Im going to be more realistic with roster. Frontier afterall care about money more than what we consider as perfect pack.

Rainforest Animal Pack:
1. Golden Lion Tamarin - pack cover species
2. Matschie's Tree Kangaroo
3. Fossa
4. African Dwarf Crocodile - juicy croc
5. Ocelot - C A T
6. Sumatran Rhinoceros - rhino (lowland anoa as cow alternative, if someone felt offended by rhino lmao)
7. Red River Hog - pig
8. Two-toed Sloth sp. - no reason to demolish entire pack potential just to make it habitat
Sounds a solid pack, covers all the ways frontier seems to eye up. Also a pack with a cat, fossa and sloth is bound to do well

Well, if it ends up not being a bird pack I no real solid guess, since the pack themes are definitely varied.

It could be neat to get a small animals pack…Crested Porcupine, Sloth, Kiwi, Tasmanian Devil, Tree Kangaroo, howler monkey, coatimundi all as potential popular picks though not more than 3 of them at the very most , and then a few surprises.

Arboreal pack could be interesting. Sloth, Gibbon, Tree Kangaroo, Tamandua, most new world porcupine and monkeys

Quickly this thread was created 🤣
I for one am not good at speculation.... everything I wrote became a mistake 🙈
I'm happy with the Walkthrough Exhibits, but
Yes but....
I want a chameleon, which will rather be in the "normal" Exhibits, also Frontier I hope you will not stop working on Exhibits, at least for this one species.
Of course I would like more, but the chameleon is essential.

And I like that several Exhibits species will now be added. I know they are butterflies, but there is some hope for future dlcs.

The next dlc I'm betting on scenery pack, just because there were animals a year ago. This is not driven by anything, because, as I mentioned, Frotnier is messing with us this year and destroying all the "patterns".

(Sigh) ...here we go again... and so very soon.

Hmm... how about "anything with a wolverine in it"?

In leu of that, how about the (new) old standby; the Islands Animal pack:
  • Tasmanian Devil
  • Tree Kangaroo
  • Little Blue Penguin
  • Japanese Raccoon Dog
  • Hawaiian Goose
  • American Flamingo
  • Fossa

I think there's a possibility of multiple exhibit species again adding onto the usual habitat roster, even with the construction packs. I'd love to see more species of butterfly to add to the mix, as well as a bunch of birds with similar shapes that fit well together, like the various species of starlings, macaws, finches, pigeons, and such.

Another thread where we just bicker about birds and how much we want sloths and Tasmanian devils for 200 pages?

Considering the last three updates came out so soon after one another I imagine we're in for a long hiatus.

I'm not expecting anything after the grassland pack until april.

Another thread where we just bicker about birds and how much we want sloths and Tasmanian devils for 200 pages?

Considering the last three updates came out so soon after one another I imagine we're in for a long hiatus.

I'm not expecting anything after the grassland pack until april.
Well we casually wrote 300 pages while waiting for the autumn dlc so why not round 2 🤣 It was like 6000 comments of no birds , yes Tasmanian devil

If we're assuming that the pattern switch continues and spring is a scenery pack, my guess would be

Children's Zoo
Small SA monkey
Crested porcupine or Red River Hog
Nigerian dwarf goat
Duck/waterfowl
EX - Bearded dragon or green tree boa

Colorful scenery and playgroun equipment

Other pack themes I wouldn't be surprised see this year are Drylands/deserts, Highlands/mountains, Islands, and Arboreal, the latter I think has good potential to be a new type of pack. Imagine -

Arboreal Pack
Tree Kangaroo
Monkey 1
Monkey 2
Giant squirrel

WE - Bird of prey 1
WE - Bird of prey 2
WE - 5 birds which can be housed together (macaws, toucans, spoonbill, etc.)

If we're assuming that the pattern switch continues and spring is a scenery pack, my guess would be

Children's Zoo
Small SA monkey
Crested porcupine or Red River Hog
Nigerian dwarf goat
Duck/waterfowl
EX - Bearded dragon or green tree boa

Colorful scenery and playgroun equipment

Other pack themes I wouldn't be surprised see this year are Drylands/deserts, Highlands/mountains, Islands, and Arboreal, the latter I think has good potential to be a new type of pack. Imagine -

Arboreal Pack
Tree Kangaroo
Monkey 1
Monkey 2
Giant squirrel

WE - Bird of prey 1
WE - Bird of prey 2
WE - 5 birds which can be housed together (macaws, toucans, spoonbill, etc.)
Would birds of prey not be limited to owls and the like, I can't imagine an eagle walkthrough aviary

Top Bottom