Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Not quite there yet I am afraid.

Here we go trying to be clever with the word games.

Lol

It's simple. I am trying to ascertain whether there is anybody on these boards not blinded by their own bias and willing to be objective enough to analyse the mining mechanics of ED and SC side by side and deliver an objective finding on which would be more satisfying to the average gamer new to the Space Sim genre.

You up to the task seeing as you are actually one of the very few able to play 3.8 live?

Or are you just happy swinging the semantics sword?

Top-tip......It's not a contest.......;)

I am in a very fortunate position in that money means nothing to me. Nothing. So whatever amount I have pledged (I honestly caNnot tell you off the top of my head) does not influence my ability to remain objective at all, not in the slightest.
I'll tell you what means something to me - Chris Roberts telling citizencon one year that 3.0 was going to be released before the end of the year, and (paraphrasing) not on the last day, chuckle chuckle, followed by applause and whooping. Then weeks later in a stream he and some devs were sitting on sofas discussing how they might - might - DESIGN some of the features.

Um. What?

The stuff supposed to be released hadn't been designed, specced yet, never mind coded?

But that means ... he was economical with the actuality in order to get lots of pledges/sales/whatever before year end?

Noooo. Say it isn't so.

So I'll tell you what means something to me - not how much money YOU have at your disposal, or how much you've spent. No, what matters is the honesty of the company and their practices.

Nobody should buy any more ships at this point. Tell the company to get the game out and released first. What would happen if that happened, and whales stopped buying hideously overpriced ships? Do you think?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

Nothing to do with word games I am afraid. Just trying to understand if what you say has any credibility at all in general or not. So when you say...

Objective fact.

... You need to be able to support it with objective evidence aswell, which you have not been able to do yet, eventhough you have been reminded multiple times.

This can mean a couple of things:
  • What you said is just a personal and anecdotal opinion (and which can not be relied upon as objective fact).
  • What you said was just a way to bulldoze your own biased agenda in this thread, in which case you will lose all your credibility.
So which one is it?

Last edited:
It's simple.
Very simple, in fact. You're trying to push a whole slew of claims as “fact” and then refusing to back them up, instead trying to change the topic to be about the people in the thread rather than the game. You are refusing to apply the same standard to yourself as you demand of others, and have so far only been willing to offer what can only be construed as heavily biased an subjective — and wholly unsupported — views on some minute detail that you refuse to even explain why it matters.

The number of fallacies your line of (or, more accurately, lack of) argumentation rests on so far is nothing short of staggering.

I am trying to ascertain whether there is anybody on these boards not blinded by their own bias and willing to be objectrive enough to analyse the ming mechanics of ED and SC side by side and deliver and objective finding on which would be more satisfying to the average gamer new to the Space Sim genre.
Here's a suggestion: why don't you start? You're the one believing that such a comparison is at all interesting. So why don't you try to compare and analyse them?

Lol

It's simple. I am trying to ascertain whether there is anybody on these boards not blinded by their own bias and willing to be objective enough to analyse the mining mechanics of ED and SC side by side and deliver an objective finding on which would be more satisfying to the average gamer new to the Space Sim genre.

You up to the task seeing as you are actually one of the very few able to play 3.8 live?

Or are you just happy swinging the semantics sword?

Top-tip......It's not a contest.......;)

Ok, so what methodology are you proposing to arrive at an objective measure of what would be 'more satisfying to the average gamer'? How are you proposing to find these gamers? How are you going to ensure that they are 'average'? What sort of sample size are you proposing to use? How are you going to measure 'satisfaction'?

one is it?

Did you miss the salient part of my post?

I'll repeat:

On you go then - maybe something constructive might yet be extracted from these boards.........one can live in hope lol

Tell me ED is better at visuals, at the ability to walk around your ship, at the ability to land planetside, get out and explore on foot..........
Elite doesnt have that first person. You know this, yes?

Tell me ED is better at mining.
ED is better at mining (in ship). You cant mean on foot, because ... well, you know. You know Elite doesn't have that feature.

This is fun. Tell me SC is better at space exploration. You know, in a SPACE GAME.

Tell me SC is better at trading, PVP combat, PVE combat, PVE AI? Game loops, in general?

Different games, doing different things largely. Picking the narrow - VERY narrow - set of activities unique to your preferred game is like arguing Noita is better than Elite, "tell me ED is better at pixel based roguelites! ... aha!"

Makes no sense man.

Yeah thought so. But you're happy enough to disparage it.

You should qualify all your posts with 'No I do not play the game'. That way people will know that you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Very happy to thanks. It has some terrible aspects.

I don’t need to play it to see that P2W is written into its DNA. Or that its monetisation system is exceptionally dubious. Or that they’ve promised the world but only delivered a shonky pre-alpha to date. There’s a litany of reasons for not taking a punt on it which are entirely visible from the outside.

PS your post is strangely missing a case for why SC’s FPS AI isn’t awful. Does it suddenly transform the minute you submit $45?

Did you miss the salient part of my post?

I'll repeat:

On you go then - maybe something constructive might yet be extracted from these boards.........one can live in hope lol

Please stop using the word 'objective' like you know what it means. It isn't a synonym for 'expressing an opinion'.

I am trying to ascertain whether there is anybody on these boards not blinded by their own bias and willing to be objective enough to analyse the mining mechanics of ED and SC side by side and deliver an objective finding on which would be more satisfying to the average gamer new to the Space Sim genre.
That's an interestingly worded and oddly specific set of requirements.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I am trying to ascertain whether there is anybody on these boards not blinded by their own bias and willing to be objective enough to analyse the mining mechanics of ED and SC side by side and deliver an objective finding...

Well, you have already clearly claimed that...
Even at this early stage there is more to SC than Elite.
Objective fact.

... But so far you have been completely incapable of providing any objective evidence of that yourself. Why should anyone else do it for you? It was your statement after all.

This seems to indicate that you have come here blinded by your own bias and not willing to be objective enough to analyse anything at all.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom