Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
That's the funny thing about things that are going to be released, they can be criticized without someone shouting Tier 0 or ITS ALPHA!

Some people are trying to play the ITS BETA card, but as we've seen in the past from FD, things in beta rarely change in any significant way by release.
What happens in Beta stays (always as) in Beta !

Some people are trying to play the ITS BETA card, but as we've seen in the past from FD, things in beta rarely change in any significant way by release.

That is silly. The primary issue most people have is the cost associated with them. FD released the Vulture at 25% of its proposed beta cost, and the FDL at less than half. Similar examples exist with engineering (tripling resource finds) and so forth.

Hey, Chris is on point with the physics refactor team. I reckon only 3 more deadline slips before get to see a Hull E fling it’s ar*e into its own elbow ;)

Hey, Chris' work is done! Just gotta implement it in game now.

Docking
The work needed for both Ship-to-Ship Docking and Ship-to-Station Docking is the same now that the physics proxy has been completed. Instead of working on Ship-to-Ship Docking, then Ship-to-Station, we are able to roll it into one card and deliver all of it in Alpha 4.1. In addition, the description has been updated to reflect the combination. Adding the ability to dock and spawn vehicles connected to space stations, as well as docking two ships together. This functionality is required for some of the larger ships to spawn at certain locations.

Hey, Chris' work is done! Just gotta implement it in game now.

Ahhh man, this makes me nostalgic for when they were coming in 3.7 & 3.8

4.1 feels like the future though, so it’s all good.

Those minions better not mess up Chris’s hard work!

EDIT: Lol, ship-to-ship was aiming for 3.2 at one point. Of course it was :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6cxkjk/_/di2bkpc Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6cxkjk/comment/di2bkpc

Last edited:
...Some people are trying to play the ITS BETA card, but as we've seen in the past from FD, things in beta rarely change in any significant way by release.

Seconded. FC are going to be another full blown Fluster Cluck. But these days, sadly, I just don't care.

On the plus side ED is a released project and not a bowl of cold tired and dried noddles.

I believe that DVXK thing is for running games on linux that arent official ports to the platform.
As for SC, i read here and there things about a move to Vulkan but that's nowhere on the roadmap, also i cant recall seeing any dev mentioning that ever...

Will as in Will Wright the genius who birthed all things in the Sims universe and Spore too? Oh man. That guy's innovative pool of capital positively radiates genius incandescence.

Forgot about that great series he had on the web. Chris could genuinely learn from this guy as an industry pioneer. I'm still baffeled as to why the vets in the industry haven't tried reaching out to him to date. Specifically why none of his former mentors from his Origin days the likes of Lord British (aka Richard Garriot) haven't privately stepped in to counsel and save him from himself to date.

I think Garriot gave up after trying to explain basic physics to him.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

I believe that DVXK thing is for running games on linux that arent official ports to the platform.
As for SC, i read here and there things about a move to Vulkan but that's nowhere on the roadmap, also i cant recall seeing any dev mentioning that ever...

CIG have talked about Vulkan a few times. Some backers have even ascertained they are already working on converting the engine to Vulkan, although not sure if that is something CIG have actually confirmed or just something they have pulled out of their rear end.

CIG have talked about Vulkan a few times. Some backers have even ascertained they are already working on converting the engine to Vulkan, although not sure if that is something CIG have actually confirmed or just something they have pulled out of their rear end.
If the backers are saying it, you can be sure it's true that it was mentioned in passing on a ppt slide 5 years ago and then promptly forgotten because Chris found a new excuse to do more mocap.

So: ED, Fleet Carriers in beta; NMS, EXO Mech Suits in live.

《Rubs hands together in expectant glee》

So........... any moment... any day now.............. yup..... real soon........... really soon........... okaaaay..... very exciting times....... the big reveal...... I can feel it coming.................... anytime.......... yep.......
To be fair, it seems they were making good progress with developing Microtech using a much touted world design tool. This was supposed to make RNG of planets and moons (like Microtech) more efficient. This was on one of the SC streamer videos (might have been Salt E Mike/Twerk? or perhaps Noobifier?) sometime last fall. Wonder where the Pyro system and that wormhole phenomenon factors into their real roadmap for future patches? Could either of these be released in some base alpha format sometime next year? BoredGamer discuses this here

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRPm07onrTo

All of my space sim game play dreams are coming true!

TAURcTE.png

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom