Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
(...) all the apparent wow factor came from an overly elaborate dev tool / data visualiser used to tune the parameters for that agent simulation (...)

Which made me super confused, because it literally looked like economy overlay of Elite (which shows NPC economy as well as PC sales) that's been in the game for years.

Which made me super confused, because it literally looked like economy overlay of Elite (which shows NPC economy as well as PC sales) that's been in the game for years.

You can't say that! Its clearly never been done before! FD must have copied it from CIG by travelling forward in time to steal the idea!

This reminds me of Limit Theory and Josh Parnell's dev vlogs where he exposed the background sim with myriads of NPC agents that where living in the sim.

That was mesmerizing and the backbone seemed to be largely more thought-out than most of the things CIG exposed.

Though it ended badly for this promising projects.

So: ED, Fleet Carriers in beta; NMS, EXO Mech Suits in live.

《Rubs hands together in expectant glee》

So........... any moment... any day now.............. yup..... real soon........... really soon........... okaaaay..... very exciting times....... the big reveal...... I can feel it coming.................... anytime.......... yep.......

"Yeah but FC suck, Mechs are not fidelicious... On the contrary our tier-0 bugfest is already better than anything beacause it's not released so can't be criticized and because one day, maybe in two weeks, it'll be as perfect as Chris Almighty has envisionned them"

So: ED, Fleet Carriers in beta; NMS, EXO Mech Suits in live.

《Rubs hands together in expectant glee》

So........... any moment... any day now.............. yup..... real soon........... really soon........... okaaaay..... very exciting times....... the big reveal...... I can feel it coming.................... anytime.......... yep.......

SA have got you covered man.

Chris thought of mechs years ago:

With the Titan Suit arriving on the roadmap (Q4 2019) I wanted to collect everything we know to date on it.
Not much is known other than they had to go back and redesign the Idris hallways to allow a Titian Suit to walk its corridors.

eso6pke5tx101.jpg
NotSignedOff_Titan_Suit.jpg
NotSignedOff_Titan_fire.jpg

Source: https://youtu.be/kRlqzSNY4TA

Checkmate goonie

How many hundreds of dollars do I need to pledge to get the Mech Suit in NMS?

It's an early-bird bargain price of only $3,800, not including sales tax, but YOU have been chosen for the special 'Elite Supreme Mutli-User-Group Mil-Spec Z-core' 5% discount code - just type in 'ForTheMugZ' at the checkout. Just let us know which email account you'd like to receive the jpeg on, settle back and await this amazing new addition, full of gameplay*, excitement, fidels and erm, new-ultra-handwavium. And remember it's only $4,200 for the uncompressed png with FULL life-time insurance**.

Buy soon, stocks are selling out fast!

* The gameplay will certainly not exist yet, may never exist, is probably best left to your imagination anyway, and the suit itself is subject to change, and may in time end up being a mop.
** Applies only to the PNG and then only for the lifetime of a quark, err, or may-fly, basicaly whichever is the shorter.

Last edited:
...Checkmate goonie

Brilliant! And it's ready in 2019, I can't wait to.... ...erm... ...oh....

...well, everyone knew they would have to redesign everything to accommodate this whim amazing super exiting new gameplay loop, we were told so in 2011.... thank heavens for this Genuine Cobblers... it'll be worth it... I know it will, won't it... surely... I mean... eventually.... maybe... in time.... a lot more time....... <sobs>

Last edited:
Chris thought of mechs years ago:

Anyone want to join my Cargo Unloading Squadron of Argos/Powerloaders based out of where ever the trade is going to be most vibrant?

tumblr_olzpi8gUJX1qmob6ro1_500.gif

That said at least the mechanics promised around the Kraken actually... look like carrier mechanics.

Yep. Mobile market place that you can land on top of. Except you can fly it too, and glitch out of it from the inside.

Although you can't yet. But I'm absolutely sure it will happen. And be amazing. Tony Z will drive the first one out of dock beaming like gnome of condensed wisdom, leaving a trail of 2000 dollars behind him. Probably using volumetric tech. It will be beautiful!

Yep. Mobile market place that you can land on top of. Except you can fly it too, and glitch out of it from the inside.

Although you can't yet. But I'm absolutely sure it will happen. And be amazing. Tony Z will drive the first one out of dock beaming like gnome of condensed wisdom, leaving a trail of 2000 dollars behind him. Probably using volumetric tech. It will be beautiful!
Everybody seems to have forgotten that Ci¬G will have to invent a space dock big enough for all those whale owned w*nkmobiles in the first place....not to mention ship to ship and ship to shore docking.

It's already bad enough trying to fit a Carrack into a space dock...which is at the limit of most large size pads and hangars (if you don't mind scraping the thing off the sides). There are the extra large hangars for the reclaimers and 890J's at Lorville and Area 18 of course...no doubt New Babbage too when 3.9 gets here next year, but they're not nearly large enough by half for a Kraken, Polaris or Idris...they require floating space docks not only to dock with but to spawn them in the first place.

Everybody seems to have forgotten that Ci¬G will have to invent a space dock big enough for all those whale owned w*nkmobiles in the first place....not to mention ship to ship and ship to shore docking.

It's already bad enough trying to fit a Carrack into a space dock...which is at the limit of most large size pads and hangars (if you don't mind scraping the thing off the sides). There are the extra large hangars for the reclaimers and 890J's at Lorville and Area 18 of course...no doubt New Babbage too when 3.9 gets here next year, but they're not nearly large enough for a Kraken, Polaris or Idris...they require floating space docks not only to dock with but to spawn them in the first place.

Hey, Chris is on point with the physics refactor team. I reckon only 3 more deadline slips before get to see a Hull E fling it’s ar*e into its own elbow ;)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom