Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
it'll no doubt attract some new backers looking for that sort of thing.

I'm sure, but i wonder who could be looking for that sort of thing when that sort of have thing already exists, and better than whatever CIG will throw out.

I mean, we already listened to how Star Marine was going to be the best damn FPS ever, more deadly than CoD, and what CIG ended up making was a pretty bland and generic FPS shooter.

Has anything more been said or done (probably said :D ) about S42? Its about the only thing I'd pay money for and its quiet.

Nope, last thing we got was a load of tripe about how they couldn't update the roadmap because "spoliers" and that it was meaningless anyway becaues of how CIG do their development. I mean, if that was the case, then they should never have started with a roadmap, but we all know its a load of rubbish. The faithful of course lapped it up.

However, as far as i know, the official stance is SQ42 is still set to enter some sort of internal beta this year. This being CIG means that either a) it won't or b) they say it has entered beta without anyone being able to verify it anyway, and then they keep it in internal beta for another few years, just for a bit more polishing...

Of course, we can get a real idea of how far SQ42 is off from release by looking at their progress on the PU as a number of things are shared between them. One clear example is the AI. SQ42 is meant to have the advanced AI that CIG have been touting for years to provide a real immersive experience. But as we see, they are still working on the bartender AI which (don't laugh!) will then when done make all other AI possible.

This is also one of the major red flags showing CIG knowingly lied about SQ42 being almost ready years ago, because they didn't have a working AI or many other things that were actually required to release SQ42.

In short, don't expect SQ42 this year or probably not even next.

If SQ42 releases by 2022 i'll eat a sock.

ToW will probably be quite popular...assuming it works right.
Lol.

Nope, last thing we got was a load of tripe about how they couldn't update the roadmap because "spoliers" and that it was meaningless anyway becaues of how CIG do their development.
Come to think of it, have they ever managed to squeeze out any semblance of a logical argument why spoilers would even be a factor in their chronic incapability to create something as trivial and development-critical as a roadmap?

Last edited:
New game mode, new ships and vehicles, special event with dedicated communications... Yeah SQ42 is the priority.

Ps: don't @me with "they're 500+ dev"

Lol.

Come to think of it, have they ever managed to squeeze out any semblance of a logical argument why spoilers would even be a factor in their chronic incapability to create something as trivial and development-critical as a roadmap?

Unfortumately in order to explain how spoilers cause problems with updating the roadmap they would have to tell us spoilers, thererfore they can't explain, because spoilers :D

Noticed there's a new 'paint' option in the ship manager for most ships in the 3.9.1 PTU...it's not working yet of course since they haven't added the paint to the store. A new money grab from Ci¬G? What's the betting they ain't cheap either ;)

XlCQdpw.png

Noticed there's a new 'paint' option in the ship manager for most ships in the 3.9.1 PTU...it's not working yet of course since they haven't added the paint to the store. A new money grab from Ci¬G? What's the betting they ain't cheap either ;)

XlCQdpw.png
Buy blue color! Only $499. Buy now!

You can infinitely cry that SC is scam, it's not released, swishing failed roadmaps.
But still, SC every 3 months gets more of new content, than ED during last 3 years.
Of course ED is not doomed - it's just old, shallow, dull, repetitive, still half-implemented in all aspects. Thus, even now, being an early alpha, SC is already more fun and engaging than ED. And as a result...
RrX0G1E.jpg
Who cares about ED? I know I don't any more-

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom