Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

He once said to his wife he would play Stellaris (iirc) full time and stream that but not enough people play it

Was that the one with Cmdrs all crouching, I thought that one was SC as posted on here, completely fooled me lol

This thread helps him a fair bit, he always gets a mention and clicks from here :)

I was gonna ask, went quiet here last night so thought must have been a good patch and you all were playing it.
I did try for an hour or so...just refitting all the ship upgrades back from my global inventory to the ships where they were previously fitted, moving from the spawn area back to a refinery where I base my gameplay from, bought some of the new mining components to fit to the Prospectors...usual stuff. It's not a matter of just jumping in and playing when it comes down to SC, especially after a patch. You have to refit all your preferred personal gear, weapons, armour and the like from your inventory...same with the ships which invariably have all returned to stock. As usual, some of the ship upgrades bought in game over various patches have duly vanished without trace...I've been lucky, just a QT drive or two plus a set of shields and a few ship weapons.

Also usual stuff was the servers crapping themselves every few minutes...a couple of 30ks...unclaimable ships, ground vehicles and disappearing kit despite the supposed persistence...helping some newbies in the chat and catching up with some regulars... Same old :)

Last edited:
Depending on who you hear that from you can probably hear it for every new patch. Any chance you heard that from a certain Blobers?
No, someone (I won't name shame him or her) in another thread said this patch was more worth their money than Odyssey, along with other praises of Star Citizen. That caught me off guard, so I figured I'd investigate. Odyssey may have its issues, but I've always thought of it as "Star Citizen that actually works! (mostly)"

Veterans have the best criticisms :)

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/997766179?t=01h28m55s

'Discover a new universe. In one star system... not even finished. It's been that way for years. But let's call it a universe.'

'Ok not even in game. None of this is even a thing that, like this was not.... [exasperated sigh]... there's a fricking Javelin over there dude...'

'All those ships flying around, with that FPS?'

'Explore on your own terms, unless the server 30ks and you have to start over'

'Haul ONE box, because that's all the shops can take, because they're capped for some godforsaken reason, and you can't actually cargo haul. You can literally only carry one box.'

'TRADE?! They show him trading in a gun. They show him trying to barter with a gun.'

'BE A MERCENARY? I'm 42 seconds into this video, and there's already been so much... that I'm like already at full level... What? What is a mercenary? Does he get paid for blowing the ship up? Does he get to keep the loot? Can anybody hire him?'

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Veterans have the best criticisms :)

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/997766179?t=01h28m55s

'Discover a new universe. In one star system... not even finished. It's been that way for years. But let's call it a universe.'

'Ok not even in game. None of this is even a thing that, like this was not.... [exasperated sigh]... there's a fricking Javelin over there dude...'

'All those ships flying around, with that FPS?'

'Explore on your own terms, unless the server 30ks and you have to start over'

'Haul ONE box, because that's all the shops can take, because they're capped for some godforsaken reason, and you can't actually cargo haul. You can literally only carry one box.'

'TRADE?! They show him trading in a gun. They show him trying to barter with a gun.'

'BE A MERCENARY? I'm 42 seconds into this video, and there's already been so much... that I'm like already at full level... What? What is a mercenary? Does he get paid for blowing the ship up? Does he get to keep the loot? Can anybody hire him?'
This is ripe for an added honesty version...

Top Bottom