Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I managed to retrieve my fancy-schmancy ROC-DS for a first look...quiet server. I gotta admit, I kinda like it. It doesn't revolutionise mining or anything...but it looks like a weird space version of my Manitou (farming machinery)...which is probably why I like it. It's certainly visually appealing (to me)...sounds nice and industrial too, a bit grunty like a Massey Ferguson unlike the basic ROC...which sounds like a mobility scooter with a flat battery :)

q0OOyTU.png

sfiC7Oo.jpg

Last edited:
The answer is yup and yup. Can't remember offhand the size of the PD for the Ferdie clown shoe...but fit an A class PD and get it engineered. That should sort the power distribution out a bit...engineering especially.

Yes but I think you already found that out from Mole. Class A is right / best and Beams are power hungry. Can engineer as well if you got that one unlocked for weapon focussed but shouldn't need to, if overheating try a Thermal Vent on one Beam. Good choice btw, FDL is awesome ship, I never get tired of boosting though the mailslot with one just to hear the engines. A lot of people hate the drift, I love it.
This time it was the Beam Lasers that stopped working, i'm on my way not to find a better Power Distributor.

Also, why is it so apparently difficult to scoop components, even at 1 or 2m/s its like something is pushing the component out of the way of the scoop just before its about to go in the hold, very frustrating.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uythN6h6Bg

This time it was the Beam Lasers that stopped working, i'm on my way not to find a better Power Distributor.

Also, why is it so apparently difficult to scoop components, even at 1 or 2m/s its like something is pushing the component out of the way of the scoop just before its about to go in the hold, very frustrating.

The fdl has the hatch way at the back, which means that pitching can push it away making it considerably harder than nornal. If you are dead center from 100m out just go 20m/s and make no movements when it's below your hull. Use the free am to see what the issue is if you run into it again, if you see it happening it's much easier to understand.

The fdl has the hatch way at the back, which means that pitching can push it away making it considerably harder than nornal. If you are dead center from 100m out just go 20m/s and make no movements when it's below your hull. Use the free am to see what the issue is if you run into it again, if you see it happening it's much easier to understand.

Thanks, i'll try that.

Thanks, i'll try that.
I always concentrate on the little radar thing when scooping stuff up and totally ignore what I see out of the window. It's hard judging where the cannister/object is relative to your cargo hatch if you're looking out of the window at it...you tend to fly too low or pitch up or down before it actually gets scooped so it just bounces off the hull, especially if the cannister is moving away from or diagonally relative to your ship. Get the crosshairs on the radar display dead centre at a few hundred metres out, since the crosshairs are centred from your cargo hatch...keep them there whilst watching the radar screen as you move toward it and it'll just fly itself into the hold. If you're going too fast or are off line...there'll be an audible warning and the radar screen reds out.

Last edited:
They’ve also been drafted in to help with Server Meshing. Could be a bad thing ;)
Theres a saying that "lots of cooks oversalt the soup". Apart from the logical conclusion that you have to hire, bring up to speed and oversee a third party we all (should) know CiGs history with outside help and results (Star Marine) so you could always see everything CiG does in the best possible light but after so many years and so many examples I d say that would be a bit----blindsighted

It's bouncing off your C4 weapon. Retract them before scooping.

Learn where your cargo bay is on the ship. Go to external view with your cargo bay open.

On some ships its easy, especially smaller ships.

On bigger ships it can be harder, especially when the cargo bay is well back.

Also, wrong thread to keep asking questions about how to play ED ;)

PS: Get collector limpets.

Back
Top Bottom