Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Chris Roberts and his family take "about ten percent" of all incoming revenue .... Does that include external investment ?? If so, the CRoberts Tribe have skimmed off roughly $40 Million .... Over (almost) 10 Years ..... $4 million a year isnt a bad gig, no wonder they are in no hurry to release the game ;)
All indications from their UK companies, which are the only ones legally required to disclose that information, indicates that does include external investment.

No i don't think it was and I've seen the mass jumps with the lore tour . But when I have had more than 2 commanders I've had issues in elite . So was impressed that SC seemed to handle it with 50 commanders . Just my own little perspective
When i had instancing problems while i was on my previous ISP, I setup port-forwarding on the router and that resolved the issues for me. With my current ISP (and router) I've had no such problems.

Hope you don't mind me posting your interesting comments from SA:

Honestly, I wouldn't read much into those things. Some sound plausible (like server meshing being a mess), some we will probably never know. If House Roberts is skimming from the top, they would do it from the entities that are the least transparent, i.e. from the central corporation in California, and somehow move the money to their family trust. If this is the case, I am sure Mr. Freyermuth has set up everything accordingly. The only thing we have access to are required declarations in the UK entities.

And if they don't deliver anytime soonâ„¢ish, some of the earlier backers might end up placeholders themselves for their kids. DGLegacy seems like a good option for peace of mind maybe. Horrible thought though so here's hoping they'll get their act together.
All those multi-thousand dollar SC ships better be bringing in the dough investment wise. For their children, you see.

A $2k ship would need to sell at $4.3k in 10 years to match an equivalent investment for the same period at 8% average annual interest rate.
All indications from their UK companies, which are the only ones legally required to disclose that information, indicates that does include external investment.
Would definitely include outside investors, who must have insisted on such a payment scheme otherwise why invest in a company with no product and no future sales guarantees. The ongoing sales bonanza is literally their only selling point.

And CR and co also received lump sums for sales of shares to outside investors, one-off payments CR made to himself from the company he owns for IP he created for that company (the SC name, lore etc). Not even joking. Yes, you can look it up. No, I won't do it for you.
Honestly, I wouldn't read much into those things. Some sound plausible (like server meshing being a mess), some we will probably never know. If House Roberts is skimming from the top, they would do it from the entities that are the least transparent, i.e. from the central corporation in California, and somehow move the money to their family trust. If this is the case, I am sure Mr. Freyermuth has set up everything accordingly. The only thing we have access to are required declarations in the UK entities.
It's really not uncommon. Two least surprising things in that whole "leak".

I went back into the PTU to test out the trading loops...nope, still broken with outlets still not restocking any commodity that makes a decent amount of credits or having enough initial stock to justify using the Caterpillar or the new super duper bulk cargo haulers they've just released. Once the palaver of fleet week is done...we'll no doubt have to wait for yet another 3 patches to fix trading. Not bad Ci¬G, it's only been totally broken since 3.10...3 major point patches whilst they add caves and f*****ng trolleys. It's not like it's a hard fix or anything, it doesn't need a client patch... just adjusting a few variables and numbers server side :cautious:

Cargo trading in Star Citizen since 3.10 has been like delivering pizzas for tips using an 18 wheeler...

Last edited:
Top Bottom