Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

OH NO! Everyone start buying ships quick!

J8LkFgL.png

90 days tops!

Bought another ship in game tonight on the alt. So happy to get out of the hornet and into the buccaneer. hopefully the buffs the bucc got in 3.13 stick around for 3.14.

Also trying to max out the good guy bounty hunting rep and it takes quite a while. Desynch gives the npcs advantages that makes up for how badly they normally fly. 🤣

The best part is when the actual alpha already deliver some of your dreams !

For sure. And i'm sure if CIG could get things a bit more stable, make things a bit more performant, a few more gameloops, they could release it as a half-decent MVP. It will still be light years away from what was promised, but it would shut up some of the criticism. Apart from the fact that it took them over 400 million and 10 years to make that half-decent MVP. :p Who knows, with another 500 million in pledges and another 10 years of development they might fulfil perhaps 20% of the promised content and features :D

They might even release SQ42!!!! 🤣

With Euro 2020 (!) just round the corner, allow me to present you the expected tactical lineup of current world cup holders France, Star Citizen Board style:

Hernandez, Team Member
M'Bappé, Team Member
Rabiot, Team Member
Benzema, Team Member
Griezmann, Team Member
Kanté, Team Member
Lloris, Team Member
Kimpembe, Team Member
Varane, Team Member
Pogba, Team Member
Pavard, Team Member

Like the one FDEV just had ?

FD - a profitable company with many years of successfully released games with more games coming out soon.

CIG - a company with zero profits*, no released products, entirely dependent on the goodwill and funding of backers.

Put it this way, if it was discovered that the CIG board were giving themselves dividends before releasing a game then backers should be morally outraged. I say should be, because they would probably just throw more money at CIG and absolve them.

* - use the term loosely here, but profit as in they are not generating any revenue from a released product. They are to-date running entirely on debt - money given, product still owed.

* - use the term loosely here, but profit as in they are not generating any revenue from a released product. They are to-date running entirely on debt - money given, product still owed.

and keep stacking more debt on top. Thats the thing that would worry me the most. And I also understand WHY they do...because at its current iteration it already starts to fall behind in all regards so CiG tries to keep it "fresh" but by doing so extend the development time by years and decades (that is....if you want the whole thing that you were promised. Very probable that CiG will eventually release a fraction of the dream and walk away)

Pre-sales are still sales, and marked as revenue in the books.
profit is what remains after you subtract your income from the cost.

Right now Star Citizen has no definitive total cost. Its a running tab that keeps increasing until CiG marks the game as released. So whatever CiG takes in, the roughly 500 million to date are catching up to the cost of the project. There is no "profit" in this yet.

FD - a profitable company with many years of successfully released games with more games coming out soon.

CIG - a company with zero profits*, no released products, entirely dependent on the goodwill and funding of backers.

Put it this way, if it was discovered that the CIG board were giving themselves dividends before releasing a game then backers should be morally outraged. I say should be, because they would probably just throw more money at CIG and absolve them.

Investment history knows the "silly German money" - SC funding is even idiotic money.

Top Bottom