Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

:)

1714488894444.png

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
It's almost like they're rushing through waves now to get it to live for this weekend 🍿

"It would be foolish to release an unstable build, even if pre-alpha for the sake of meeting an internal deadline."
Chris Roberts, 2014

"No one's backed this to have something rushed out. No one's backed this to make a Christmas season, like you would get from a normal publisher's game."
Chris Roberts, 2015

"I think we’ve learned from our past experiences that if you try and rush things or cut corners or try and meet deadlines for the sake of deadlines, you end up with a subpar product"
Chris Roberts 2016

etc

The Austin crew have a new space franchise to jump to at least...

Finally, there's another Austin shop called Archetype, where BioWare veteran and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic lead designer James Ohlen is working on a new franchise called Exodus.

exodus_UXduu5R.jpg

exodus1_FABhV9P.jpg

The Austin crew have a new space franchise to jump to at least...

exodus_UXduu5R.jpg

exodus1_FABhV9P.jpg

I’m disappointed that if Hasbro was going to make a space game, that they didn’t use the Star Frontiers IP. I have fond memories of my Dralasite smuggler. ;)

"It would be foolish to release an unstable build, even if pre-alpha for the sake of meeting an internal deadline."
Chris Roberts, 2014

"No one's backed this to have something rushed out. No one's backed this to make a Christmas season, like you would get from a normal publisher's game."
Chris Roberts, 2015

"I think we’ve learned from our past experiences that if you try and rush things or cut corners or try and meet deadlines for the sake of deadlines, you end up with a subpar product"
Chris Roberts 2016

etc

Also Chris Roberts: 2 to 3 years. Any longer and things would become stale.

Basically he says whatever he wants depending on which way the wind is blowing.

It's almost like they're rushing through waves now to get it to live for this weekend 🍿

The additions keep on coming!

Added:
  • For 3.23.0 LIVE, Server Crash Recovery will remove all current missions and mark them as abandoned. This will not reduce reputation when this occurs. This could cause a few trespassing issues in locations like UGFs. This is not the intended final outcome for missions and recovery and further changes are coming in a later release.
  • PU - Actor / UI - Physical Shopping - Quick Buy fails to award player the entity they have purchased, still debits the players wallet
  • PU - Gamewide - Using a medpen causes you to drop your weapon
  • PU - Graphics / Vulkan - Flight HUD / FPS UI - No UI HUD with Vulkan enabled on AMD GPU
  • PU - Greycat ROC - Stanton - ROC Mining Laser Not Activating
  • PU - Interactables - Locations - Lorville - Hab doors may fail to open when interacted with, even when there are no delays in responses for other interactions
  • PU - Location / Transit - Grim Hex Hangar Elevators occasionally do not respond to calls
  • PU - Locations - Transit - Elevators - Internal Transit Elevator shows up when called but doors remain closed, no carriage
  • PU - Locations / Vehicles / VMS - Can't repair/refuel/restock at Pyro Gateway Jump Point Station
  • PU - Multiweapon - Graphics - Backpack Reloading - Weapons reload invisible magazine when reloading from backpack
  • PU - RL - Service Beacons / Missions - Service beacons cannot be created
  • PU - Stanton - Mission Content - Eliminate Contraband missions not spawning Contraband
  • PU - Stanton - Multiple Locations - Transit / Network - Transit will intermittently desync off course
  • PU - Stanton - NPE - Missions - Objectives can be softlocked by player leaving bed before their objective record has updated
  • PU - Stanton - Transit - Trams from Lorville Metro Centre to Teasa Spaceport will rapidly rotate when leaving the station, which can push the player out of bounds or kill them
  • PU - Stanton - UI - HUD / AR Markers - Misaligned HUD Markers with Ultrawide or TSR graphics upscaling enabled
  • PU - UI / mobiGlas - Home App - After selecting a vehicle on the home screen the UI indicators appear pixelated and hard to read

No. They still stand in chairs, which is because they are afraid of the scurrying mice now infesting the stations.

Sadly, you can't see the mice as they've all fallen through the floors. V3.8.7.2 should fix this. Maybe.

Truly never been done before.
*on chairs

Unless they are clipping into the chairs while T-posing these days...

And lo, it did open to all waves...

Wow, it's in rough shape. I like the potential, though. I got lost for about an hour in a distribution center after falling through the floor and ending up in one of the lower levels. Eventually, I found the right elevator to go back up. 11/10 would EPTU again.

Top Bottom