Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

This time I kept it intentionally vague. Best response to me was Intrepid praising the EDO screenshot. I honestly suspect that if you record a base infiltration vid of EDO and show it as an upcoming feature update for SC quite a few fans would spend days explaining why it is the most in-depth and innovative FPS experience in the history ever. :p

You're a very naughty boy and deserve a spanking!

Yes the one @Ian Skippy posted was from EDO, notice the empty rectangular HUD box at the top of the screen? and the suit on the screen? :)

I don't think i have seen anyone say its never been done before, just that its an interest and cool attention to detail, from both Fronter and CIG.

Its just we've been used to people saying "never been done before" time and again in relation to SC, so its simply become a running gag.

One of the main problems with conversation and discourse surrounding Star Citizen (and not just Star Citizen, don't get me started on today's American political landscapes) is that a joke, troll, ironic or real post all begin to sound the same. My irony meter broke sometime around late 2016 and has continued to spiral downward. "Taking horse de-wormer," I'll say, "that has to be someone joking. That has to be a troll." And lo, it is real. And I am owned.

And maybe that's the point of blurring and crossing all these "ironic" lines (not singling you out here, Ian, just in more of a general sense): that eventually it becomes so exhausting to filter out what's a real argument versus a fun joke versus a deliberate troll, that no matter what, the responder is owned.

Heh, its happened quite a bit on refunds when someone has posted a screenshot of a conversation and we are scratching out heads trying to figure out if its a troll or a fanatic or ironic.

These horrendous server tick rates make me even more excited for server meshing, As it shows how much room there is for a better experience of the PU.

I don't think he understands. The point of server meshing isn't to reduce the number of players per server per se, its to get people playing on the same group of servers, therefore being in the same "verse". If 30-40 people all congregate in the same region, then its going to have the same issues.

:cool:
40d7b01qxah61.jpg
Funny, I saw that previous quote, and then while walking up to one of the banners in a concourse area, saw the pixelated banners. Then, recalled, when they first had banners in ED (must be what 4 or 5 years ago?) I flew through one, realized it was pixellated, and thought "wow, FDev chinsing out again, not even using a full bitmap" but now I see since it's a heralded thing for SC, that FDev's way is the right way and not chinsing out. Or is it that if FDev does something, it's scoffed at, but if it's SC, its amazeballs?

Anyways, contributes to my theory that FDev keeps what they do unknown to others, because a certain other game keeps lifting their stuff, not the other way around.

Funny, I saw that previous quote, and then while walking up to one of the banners in a concourse area, saw the pixelated banners. Then, recalled, when they first had banners in ED (must be what 4 or 5 years ago?) I flew through one, realized it was pixellated, and thought "wow, FDev chinsing out again, not even using a full bitmap" but now I see since it's a heralded thing for SC, that FDev's way is the right way and not chinsing out. Or is it that if FDev does something, it's scoffed at, but if it's SC, its amazeballs?

Anyways, contributes to my theory that FDev keeps what they do unknown to others, because a certain other game keeps lifting their stuff, not the other way around.

I wish FDev would lift EVA and full ship interiors that you can use during flight.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I wish FDev would lift EVA and full ship interiors that you can use during flight.
I wish also SC could one day make that work with a minimum of stability and without breaking down just by looking at it so you can actually mention it with some relevancy in an argument.

But since you seem to be comparing ED and SC I also wish CIG would lift from ED full persistence, jumping to multiple systems, 1:1 scale model of the galaxy and systems based on astrophysics fundamentals including actual celestial motions, having full directional control and unconstrained roaming for ship navigation within system, space anomalies, alien races and ruins with associated gameplay, undertaking exploration gameplay, refueling and repairing gameplay, customizing crafted modules, fully working ship control and management systems, reasonably working silent running and detailed countermeasure systems, ability to participate in persistent faction warfare, salvaging or smuggling gameplay, mission generator based on system economy and faction states, wide array of FPS surface building layouts including actual gameplay and settlement interacting features, different types of actual NPC AI and patrols, FPS detailed stealth rules etc, or more generally decent physics or just behaving in a stable manner without crashing, glitching or breaking basic geometries in the game every other minute. Just to name a few more differences.

Seriously though, the "you have, I have" line of argument will pretty much always leave SC in the mud when compared to, well, pretty much any other space sim out there, not just Elite.

Last edited:
But since you seem to be comparing ED and SC I also wish CIG would lift from ED full persistence, jumping to other systems, 1:1 scale model of the galaxy and systems based on astrophysics fundamentals including actual celestial motions, having full directional control for ship navigation within system and unconstrained roaming, space anomalies, alien races and ruins with associated gameplay, undertaking exploration gameplay, refueling and repairing gameplay, customizing crafted modules, fully working ship control and management systems, reasonably working silent running and detailed countermeasure systems, ability to participate in persistent faction warfare, salvaging or smuggling gameplay, mission generator based on system economy and faction states, wide array of FPS surface building layouts including actual gameplay and settlement interacting features, different types of actual NPC AI and patrols, FPS detailed stealth rules etc, or more generally decent physics or just behaving in a stable manner without crashing, glitching or breaking basic geometries in the game every other minute. Just to name a few more differences.
Ouch.

I wish also SC could one day make that work with a minimum of stability and without breaking down just by looking at it so you can actually mention it with some relevancy in an argument.

But since you seem to be comparing ED and SC I also wish CIG would lift from ED full persistence, jumping to multiple systems, 1:1 scale model of the galaxy and systems based on astrophysics fundamentals including actual celestial motions, having full directional control and unconstrained roaming for ship navigation within system, space anomalies, alien races and ruins with associated gameplay, undertaking exploration gameplay, refueling and repairing gameplay, customizing crafted modules, fully working ship control and management systems, reasonably working silent running and detailed countermeasure systems, ability to participate in persistent faction warfare, salvaging or smuggling gameplay, mission generator based on system economy and faction states, wide array of FPS surface building layouts including actual gameplay and settlement interacting features, different types of actual NPC AI and patrols, FPS detailed stealth rules etc, or more generally decent physics or just behaving in a stable manner without crashing, glitching or breaking basic geometries in the game every other minute. Just to name a few more differences.

Seriously though, the "you have, I have" line of argument will pretty much always leave SC in the mud when compared to, well, pretty much any other space sim out there, not just Elite.

Meow.... 0.0

Ah, you're the one.

Please note, this is a joke, I am aware that more than one person plays Odyssey.
It looses a little snappiness if you have to put disclaimers on your replies :)

lol.

Back
Top Bottom