Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Respawing of an LTI ship is an obvious exploit of Star Citizen functioning as advertised. Let's dream.txt for a second. Imagine an organisation of fifty citizens. Only one of them has an LTI Idris. They multiply Idrises for everyone using the LTI magic and go on a killing spree. If something goes wrong, they will respawn their ships again, as many as they want. Everyone can do it. Ship economy collapses due to ship inflation. Players with LTI ships are in high demand, on the other hand.

Now imagine any other game in which you can spawn any vehicle in any numbers you wish. This is a cheat baked into the very game. You know what people will do with it? The potential for loving around in the silliest possible ways is staggering.

And that's the thing. The issue with the persistent 'verse as envisioned is that it will be choke full of unintended consequences. From the perspective of the game, the worst that can happen to it is that it gets fully implemented. Nobody seems to be taking the player into account when designing it.

Meh, this is something they would be able to handle.

Even right now for most players it isnt worth doing. You can't take that ship to any station, the station will blow it up.

Ship will show hostile and any player can attack it. (not 100% sure on the status of blowing up a red ship with a player in it who isnt a criminal. that used to get the attacker a crime stat, but i think it was fixed. since i almost always have a crime stat anyways it isnt an issue for me.)

Create a pvp bounty for the ship, a permanent marker for the ship (pretty much how it works now) and anyone who is in a stolen/duped ship goes to prison for 6 hours and it isnt gonna be that big of an issue.

Meh, this is something they would be able to handle.

Even right now for most players it isnt worth doing. You can't take that ship to any station, the station will blow it up.

Ship will show hostile and any player can attack it. (not 100% sure on the status of blowing up a red ship with a player in it who isnt a criminal. that used to get the attacker a crime stat, but i think it was fixed. since i almost always have a crime stat anyways it isnt an issue for me.)

Create a pvp bounty for the ship, a permanent marker for the ship (pretty much how it works now) and anyone who is in a stolen/duped ship goes to prison for 6 hours and it isnt gonna be that big of an issue.

What about outlaw places like Grim Hex?

You can land at grim hex.

EDIT: but if you land and the ship gets stored, its gone. Might be able to repair/rearm/refuel. And could probably do that at outposts on planets/moons.

EDIT 2: actually with grim hex redone with hangers instead of just open pads, not sure you can land. there has been a thing with it needs to be the owner of the ship that calls ATC to get them to open hangar doors. not sure where that stands now.

Last edited:
2ksyv7js0at71.png

Qw0A5Mj_d.webp

Game development only really started in 201X - Check!
Reference to Cyberpunk - Check!
Other games took as long - Check!
Scope bigger than anything done before - Check!
You're no a game dev so you don't know - Check!
Game dev is hard - Check!

Blimey, i've never seen a SC faithful bingo card be filled so fast!

Qw0A5Mj_d.webp

Game development only really started in 201X - Check!
Reference to Cyberpunk - Check!
Other games took as long - Check!
Scope bigger than anything done before - Check!
You're no a game dev so you don't know - Check!
Game dev is hard - Check!

Blimey, i've never seen a SC faithful bingo card be filled so fast!
"None of us have enough information to even guess how far off it is"? What happened to "the most open development" there?!
1634193024401.png

I think we're having an everything crisis! But it's ok, I'm sure Boris is all over it..
5qd2ab.jpg

I mean the bigger concern would be money scams with the ships.

At some point there would probably some way to scrap a ship. For salvage or whatever.

And spawning and scrapping ships could be unlimited money.
You see how fast we are coming up with exploits when we put just a tiny bit of thought into it? 🥳

Last edited:
Never underestimate player creativity. It won't help half-assing the job and hope noone exploits loop-holes.
Dint take long really.

Well, its not like we predicted this sort of stuff would happen years ago when they started talking about medical gameplay is it?

I mean, isn't it what gamers always wanted? Being unable to take any action while playing a game, just lie there and wait for whatever others want to do to you.

Lurking in dark corners...

This is a sort of shenanigans that alpha gameplay exists to figure out.

I mean, perhaps they could have given it an iota of thought before actually putting it into alpha? This sort of stuff would be obvious to a child, but these people are meant to be fully fledged game designers.

Of course, for those that think this sort of gameplay is great, then it doesn't need changing.

My guess is the wind will blow and CIG will change how it works.

We're going to see a lot more of this if they try and add in gameplay. Much like at the moment the whole DOAS is probably not too bad - as the NPCs don't shoot back much. If they ever get around to fixing the AI then ppl are going to be constantly needing to fix themselves up. Though I guess CiG need to solve the issues of not even being able to get out of port without being 'healed' to death :)

Good to see they're getting baby-persistence as well - soon the PU will more persistent, then they just need to get on with the Universe bit ;)

If I steal two bombs, load them to the cargo bay of my freely spawned Idris-P, land he Idris next to a settlement, jump to another of my Idrises (piloted for now by an org mate), go to the orbit, railgun the first Idris so that the chain reaction detonates the bombs and kills everyone in the settlement, will I get a crime stat?

OMG, these free Idrises are perfect kamikaze ships.

This is going to be a Garry'sverse!

Top Bottom