Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

The context there was general gamer scepticism of SC.

As pointed out at the time, the main gaming sites are still absolutely rife with skepticism about SC when the topic is raised. But let's play the same game again today and see if that's still true shall we...

Current top post when sorting by relevance on /r/gaming:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/p86bo5/elite_dangerous_players_checking_out_star_citizen/

Oh dear...
That meme has got to be the funniest thing I've seen in years :ROFLMAO:

f6xwXBa.png

Mikey boy is smoking way too much copium these days :)

I’m guessing half the motivation there is just to capture the uber-positive SC crowd. (The Morphologis-style guys that his rantier twitch stuff won’t reach). And random YT noobies etc.

But still, yeah… the disconnect between what makes him rant daily (long-term bugs like desync, elevators etc), and that shiny 'loot loops will change everything!' spiel is… notable ;)

Mikey boy is smoking way too much copium these days :)

At least he's playing other games these days.

I need to go rant at him soon though. He was promoting Raid: Shadow Legends on his channel, so i decided to help him out by downloading and playing the intro using his link. My gods, that is one egregious case of P2W, grind, worst of everything mobile game wrapped in a really pretty shell.

Install it and you get constant notifications about timers running out, new things to grind for and there are dozens of currencies and upgrade paths mixed with tiers of heroes who of course are harder to get the higher the tier.

Uninstalled that POS quickly.

When people say "Elite is the worst kind of grind" its clear they have never experienced something like this.

I do wonder if there will be many complaints about grind in SC-land with the upcoming(!) 3.15 wipe? Everyone starting from their pledged ships again ... I guess it depends if the $$$ exploits are still unfixed...
It all depends on whether you last long enough playing 3.15 to experience the grind without rage quitting...it can be...testing :D

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Desktop Screenshot 2021.11.09 - 20.14.52.17.png

😐

Last edited:
Just a quick query, if I may: that's about 6 hours of streaming. Have you watched all of that?

And if so, do you still have time to play a game - any game?

And if also yes, would you be so kind and become my personal guru in time management?
I've retired from the farming nonsense...full time carer for Mrs Mole so I have a bit more time...albeit at weird hours of the morning... where I've nothing to do except watch Mikey rant :D

At least he's playing other games these days.

I need to go rant at him soon though. He was promoting Raid: Shadow Legends on his channel, so i decided to help him out by downloading and playing the intro using his link. My gods, that is one egregious case of P2W, grind, worst of everything mobile game wrapped in a really pretty shell.

Install it and you get constant notifications about timers running out, new things to grind for and there are dozens of currencies and upgrade paths mixed with tiers of heroes who of course are harder to get the higher the tier.

Uninstalled that POS quickly.

When people say "Elite is the worst kind of grind" its clear they have never experienced something like this.
I bet he tries these kind of games so he gets used to the grind and won't have any problems with it once it'll eventually hit the verse*

*though all the walks, wait for train, wait in train, wait for lift, wait for climb anim to finish, and so on taste the bitterness of grind hell already.

There are countless people who are critical of CR, CIG and SC. That doesn't make them haters. Your behavior, however, does. I have never, ever, seen anyone who so obviously is a poster child of what being a hater means than you. Why even pretend you are not, its just... yeah.

Your very obvious and consistent hate for AA however has no precise name or definition. I think perhaps it should though. It’s very odd.

Again, about the amount of skeptics it's really decreasing. Just look on the ED forum at the number of guys referencing SC as a scam/total failure and the number of guys talking about SC as a good reference for some ideas. Compare it to the same forum last year or 2 years ago and you clearly see the shift.
Ha ha ha, seriously.

If you spend years and years posting tens of thousands of posts about how much you dislike a single computer game, you are a hater of that computer game. It really couldn't be simpler than that. It doesn't matter if you think your 'criticism' (which half the time is just mocking other gamers rather than CIG or CR) is justified or not. It doesn't matter if you think your 'strong dislike isn't the same as hate'. There are countless people who are critical of CR, CIG and SC. That doesn't make them haters. Your behavior, however, does. I have never, ever, seen anyone who so obviously is a poster child of what being a hater means than you. Why even pretend you are not, its just... yeah.
That's not behaviour exclusive of just Aunt though, there was plenty here acting that way who still have trouble admitting they're being "haters" because that would bring some introspection that might make them selfawarewolves like you said before.

Seems like there's a huge emotional bias fuelled by a great Elite fanboyism that makes them feel good to attack SC for things that also happen in Elite and with Frontier, and many other companies by that matter, but they make a blind eye because their not emotionally invested in hating those games and companies. It's like SC is all they know and think about. Which is why they think having a playable alpha advertised and sold as such is a demonic offence while having no qualms with Frontier releasing Odyssey in such a sorry state that even Braben had to come out of exile to pretend he still cares about it's "baby".

I've said it before though. If these seemingly "mega Elite fans" showed as much care and thought for Elite as they show for everything about SC, Frontier wouldn't have dared to release Odyssey in that state. Doing so many have opened their eyes and gone refugee and even rogue while others have no other option than doubling down on their antics.

One thing is certain, as time goes by these antics and intentions became more apparently emotionally biased and deceitful. It hasn't been about gaming for them for a long time now, but about saving face.

And, just like getting Elite in worthy enough shape for refugees to come back, it's not getting any easier.

Just like D2E hasn't had it easy trying to carry boxes in SC:

If you spend years and years posting tens of thousands of posts about how much you dislike a single computer game, you are a hater of that computer game. It really couldn't be simpler than that. It doesn't matter if you think your 'criticism' (which half the time is just mocking other gamers rather than CIG or CR) is justified or not. It doesn't matter if you think your 'strong dislike isn't the same as hate'. There are countless people who are critical of CR, CIG and SC. That doesn't make them haters. Your behavior, however, does. I have never, ever, seen anyone who so obviously is a poster child of what being a hater means than you. Why even pretend you are not, its just... yeah.
I dunno, I think AA just sees SC the same way as I do. Pure entertainment.

Hate? Why bother.

Your very obvious and consistent hate for AA however has no precise name or definition. I think perhaps it should though. It’s very odd.
Its not hate, but I think AA repeatedly and consistently crosses a line you shouldnt cross. People here like to mock Joe Blobbers, and while is as fanatical and obsessive as AA, he never speculates about other people's private lives. He doesn't post photos of people who dislike SC. He doesn't go around twitter to look if people who disagree with him said something silly. He doesnt say he wants things to go wrong, burn down and fail miserably. Apparently that doesn't matters because Joe Blobbers is in the other tribe, and AA is in ours. But sorry, I dont play by those rules. Joe Blobber is the civilized version of AA, and I'd personally prefer to disagree with people who are actually present rather than gossip and point behind people's back. But thats a concept thats been long gone here.

So you can throw your stones at this apostate and continue to ridicule random dudes on twitter, twitch, youtube or other forums. The world is big enough for two cults. :)

Back
Top Bottom