Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

You say the mustang is a sealed container, and that’s fine… in fact I can agree to that! but my point was that the system was made modular like a semi truck… you attach the cargo container to the driving unit. No need to walk inside the cargo grid or throw stuff in the cabin!!! you change the damn container completely and put one the suits your needs!!!

Is also funny that there are images of mustang alpha’s concept art with a cargo ramp, but they ended up adding what appear to be a cargo lift with a clamp (very clever)… that’s why I said it appears it was done to be compatible with Aurora’s Stor-All container.

How hard can it be for CIG 3D designers to come up with a structure that can be put in place of the current mustang’s container so it can act like a flat bed?
That's exactly the goal for a lot of ships which will handle standardized containers. The first ship to be able to handle those standardized container will be the MPUV Cargo, not the Mustang (too small). The Mustang is just a starter with limited cargo interaction.
The MPVU
1641575261219.png

The MPVU below without a container
1641575402123.png

How they want big ships to handle containers
1641574995101.png

>> How hard can it be to add an interaction option to the mustang container so players can “magically” put the small box inside the container? you can call it “Cargo Loading T0”
Or you can call it "Cargo system refactor"
1641574912612.png

Ask Elon Musk about his ships. He most certainly defined the release date with something like "When my ships not explode every 3 trips". "When something works pretty good" is a perfectly acceptable definition of the end of a testing phase.
This definition is actually a pretty precise metric, as opposed to "sometime maybe server meshing". Of course, this is only what you imagine Elon could have said, not a quote. It is still interesting that you spontaneously came up with a hypothetical quote that is much more specific than whatever CIG's communication has been.

Less than 10 systems. No definition/metric for SM stabilized has been given.

Former is still too wishy washy. There is already less than 10 systems.

Latter is understandable and not actually useful as any sort of statement as to when alpha will finish, so we can dismiss that part.

So, it is clear, CIG have no worthwhile statement regarding when the game will leave alpha.

Ci¬G have an extremely successful marketing department...whereas I wholeheartedly agree the marketing strategies used are dubious and predatory, I don't for one minute suspect any fraud. They're selling digital products and the distant far off dream of a game or games behind those products...nothing more.
Sadly, I’ve learned over the years that there is a huge chasm between what is ethical, and what is legal. While I consider CIG to be an utterly unethical abuse of the crowd funding model, almost as much as I consider Hollywood’s accounting practices to be contemptibly corrupt, I’m sure Chris and Ortwin’s experiences in Hollywood (and the German equivalent) has ensured that their continued plundering of this project is strictly legal.

As for my opinion on how much whales have spent on this project, I just shake my head at having that much disposable income to begin with, and hope that that it was actually disposable.

Former is still too wishy washy. There is already less than 10 systems.
More than 2 and less than 10. I can't find the quote where CR talked about it but it was single digit.

Latter is understandable and not actually useful as any sort of statement as to when alpha will finish, so we can dismiss that part.
So, it is clear, CIG have no worthwhile statement regarding when the game will leave alpha.
Perhaps for you. For me, it's clearly a worthwhile statement. Having a stable server code is one of the most important goal to achieve before releasing a game. Do you know one company releasing a game with an unstable netcode ? (irony inside).

Yes! Because surprise surprise, this software is in development! Plans change!
This implication does not work in either direction. "Plans change" does not imply "software development", and "software development" does not imply "plans change". It can happen, it may not. Anyway, this also invalidates the implication of one of your comments - that something being worked on must mean it actually exists.

Back
Top Bottom