Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

How to pull an excuse from the rear lesson 1.
10 years and - allegedlly - still developing the 'tools'.
How to reject a valid argument without contributing anything to the discussion except being rude...
Yes, 10 years and they are still developing the 'tools'. The next planetary tool improvment will add rivers (and perhaps roads). You think CIG can pull rivers from their rear with 10 lines of code ?

How to reject a valid argument without contributing anything to the discussion except being rude...
Yes, 10 years and they are still developing the 'tools'. The next planetary tool improvment will add rivers (and perhaps roads). You think CIG can pull rivers from their rear with 10 lines of code ?
Come on, tossing buckets of mental excrements into this thread like you do is rude.

Don't bother talking with someone that thinks CIG doesn't have more developers than a small indie studio and have been working on nothing for the past 10 years :)

Well, there is a reason I put the Bob and the Ant on the ignore list. It just is too much nollocks to endure but the last pages are full of me ignoring content by this member and lots of people answering to me ignoring content of this member. Lots of orange. And thus sometimes I peek, but I shall refrain. Is more healthy for intellectual integrity.

Memes often have a kernel of truth.

By the same token, the last game CR successfully published was Conquest: Frontier Wars in 2001. It apparently sold 300,000 copies and garnered generally favourable reviews.

CR hasn't delivered a game in over 20 years.

Early days i suppose.

Last edited:
It's not really about finishing one system before starting the other but more finishing in Stanton all the graphic tools, POI tools, lanscape mechanisms (planetary creation...) needed for other systems to be able to start the creation of those systems without having to redo them. So, Stanton can be incomplete and CIG starting to work on Pyro if (for example) the planetary tool is stable enough.

For example, the river/lava tech is still WIP in Stanton. If the lava rivers can be added to Pyro with the current planet tech 3, CIG can work on Pyro planets with lava rivers since planet tech 3. If rivers can't be be done in planet tech 3 without breaking all the work done, every planet with rivers can't be done before the next stage of planet tech.

Still working on those pipelines eh?

Any day now...

The Stanton system got finished last year, no use starting work on another system when you don't even have the first one finished.

Having a plan to get past 1 system within 1 decade would be good though. You'd think.

There will be... settlements akin to those found in ED Odyssey will be spotted around the planets, raidable and such.

Always best to wait and see with Citcon demos. Loads of gameplay features from past ones still aren't in the game.

We were just discussing the other day how 2019's NPCs on ships and stealth routines etc are still nowhere to be seen.

(And hell, they only started working on NPC navigation on planetary surfaces around then, yet those were featured in 2016's "hundred percent live in the engine in real time" demo ;))

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
@Ebob @LittleAnt Do you have an opinion on Erin Roberts, Executive Producer, being basically absent, no public appearances, for around 2.5 years. Or about Chris Roberts similarly absent (other than that “proof of life” vid) for more than a year and not even an end of the year recap letter like last year?

Do you think that is an issue for the development?

@Ebob @LittleAnt Do you have an opinion on Erin Roberts, Executive Producer, being basically absent, no public appearances, for around 2.5 years. Or about Chris Roberts similarly absent (other than that “proof of life” vid) for more than a year and not even an end of the year recap letter like last year?

Do you think that is an issue for the development?
No opinion and not an issue.
Everyone here think that CR talks too much, he's new attitude is far better for the project.
For Erin Robert, I don't see why not seeing him in public bother you. You think he doesn't work anymore at CIG ?

No opinion and not an issue.
Everyone here think that CR talks too much, he's new attitude is far better for the project.
For Erin Robert, I don't see why not seeing him in public bother you. You think he doesn't work anymore at CIG ?

Erin (and Chris) both used to make regular appearances.

In my mind it is good if CR is making less appearances. His mouth has a habit of saying things it shouldn't.

Erin is more concerning. The last few times he appeared on camera he didn't look well.

Clearly FUD!

CIG confirms

Yup, definitely FUD!

Hah, they link a /r/sc thread where people are being very skeptical about the 2024 release of SQ42.

Let's scroll down to the article comments...

That’s a masterpiece of communication by Carl Jones. He’s basically saying “we can’t do jack on Squadron 42 without Roberts’ say-so”.

:D

Comments are really good.

I wonder when the Joe Bloobers alt will appear.

Last edited:
If it takes you screenshots with red circles to show me how none of that was done in game engine, please do. I fail to see what you're seeing that's so suspect. Please, point out individual things in these videos that the engine literally cannot do for whatever reason. Flabbergasted by the graphics? Or what do you mean.
He means it's not the whole game engine as everything (animations, how the ships and characters move, etc.) are not using the actual SC main engine loop. It's using a pure render loop on what's probably a base CE for quickness of execution, also they can afford using a more recent version so it looks better (particle effects and lighting are quite telling for example).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom