Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I wouldn't call it a car until it can convey a person from point A to point B safely following the road rules. Until then I'd call it a vehicle that aspires to be a car. I certainly wouldn't call it the Best Damn Car Experience Ever or say that there is more car in the glove box than other fully released production cars.

This is Car Citizen.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q7cbCmwGyE

Looks fun though. Fun is everything.

It's more like the park ranger coming along and saying you gotta throw that back, it's not legal. Or maybe "That's a badger, not a fish Mole". ;)
Meh, it would only have been poaching if my family hadn't been the landowners and my best mate growing up wasn't our gamekeeper's son :D

This kind of tweet is why I think we really need to stop going after former 'community darlings' just because they've dared to 'cross the line' over to dabble in Star Citizen.

For the record, still playing, having fun mining with a few old ArmA mates and a few tins from time to time, as well as playing Space EuroTruck with the box missions.
Clearly a false flag op run by SC fans to make Elite fans look bad.

(Pretty sure that is how it goes).

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
No thonking! :p Just idle speculation but let's say it's true, it would be different than secretly being on their payroll and pretending to like this thing more than that thing by a agreed-upon amount of 10 hype units per dollar in the contract.
Why should it be different? I trust Drew would immediately disclose if he had been offered a rig or receive any kind of sponsored support. A paid relation ship is a paid relationship.

Either way, I really hope CIG give him a lore/writing contract, the guy is definitely proving himself as a solid trooper and continues ticking all the right boxes dutifully. Good for him.

Funny how some people think anyone who disagree with them is hating.....that's not how life works.
Because refusing to call the actual alpha a 'game' need a little more than simple logic and necessarily involves a good dose of resentment.
It is more defensible to call SC a scam than not calling it a game...

Oh dear... say goodbye to your hard earned ships (unless you paid for them in cash) if you suffered this issue at the weekend

93l980t219u81.jpg

Remember boys and girls, ITS ALPHA!!!

It's no wonder they don't understand why SC funding is only increasing...

Nah most people get that. It’s a very pretty alpha that does its very best impression of a live service game, and promises to become the bestest released game some day. (It also happens to be very good at fracking its whales. New whales welcome…)

The more interesting question though is: Where has all that money gone to date? ;)

0Zj9NtL.jpg

UIVXLRs.jpg

I asked this once before, but I forget the answer. If I download SC during a free fly week (which always seems to come when I'm busy IRL), is that the same code as the actual paid-for version of SC? In other words, if I decide I actually like the "game" (I know, heresy!!!), will buying it unlock the demo code already installed, or do I need to download another separate "full version" of SC?

I asked this once before, but I forget the answer. If I download SC during a free fly week (which always seems to come when I'm busy IRL), is that the same code as the actual paid-for version of SC? In other words, if I decide I actually like the "game" (I know, heresy!!!), will buying it unlock the demo code already installed, or do I need to download another separate "full version" of SC?
The install carries over (at least it did when I bought in).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom