Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

In fairness to CIG, what self respecting space game WOULDN'T introduce a coffee vendor and sheet tech before even one star system is completed.....

amirite?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJo9XDYUZRo

lqfqdgl.gif
I know there'll be something new in there that'll no doubt tempt the whales, but I'll just highlight I've flown in the back of most of the ships in that vid, which my mates have bought using ingame credits. :)

The whale-baiting aspect is more things like the X-Wing clone being teased in the vid. And the general open shop floor of otherwise artificially rare uber ships ;)

I wonder what absurd sales content backer money will have been splurged on this time? :unsure:

The Javelin tour guide NPCs will be hard to top, in terms of being completely useless for anything but selling ships.

Maybe just something like a nice new showroom this time? Everyone loves that fresh showroom smell...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35OqZbOzEXk

You go down the show room, and then can choose to rent 'em for free.
Okay, cool. If I were ever to properly buy the game, I'll be getting one of the two starter ships (most likely the cheapest). If I want to be on a big ship (post-freefly) I'll volunteer to be gunner on Drew Wager's ship.

Speaking of, does SC have something akin to Elite's SLFs?

Okay, cool. If I were ever to properly buy the game, I'll be getting one of the two starter ships (most likely the cheapest). If I want to be on a big ship (post-freefly) I'll volunteer to be gunner on Drew Wager's ship.

I mean, thats literally what I did (albeit not with Drew Wager) and I'm still pottering around with a few ships/ground vehicles of my own I bought in-game.

ATM, there are a couple of ships that are launchable from withinside other ships, but honestly, as much as a snubfighter guy as I am in Elite, there's not much point in SC current form as anything you can deploy thats one seater could be improved on by bringing your own one seater fighter IMO.

(TBC if I wasn't being obvious, Invictus should be a free-fly event like you were asking about also).

CIG have promised and sold multiple "snub fighters" (that's what SLFs are called in SC), although iirc only one is implemented and works somewhat correctly: the Constellation's snub fighter.
Well I'll just fly my "Sidewinder" in a pseudo-wing with Drew. I can EVA over to visit him in space if need be.

CIG have promised and sold multiple "snub fighters" (that's what SLFs are called in SC), although iirc only one is implemented and works somewhat correctly: the Constellation's snub fighter.
TBF the Pisces also fits into that category. Its one of the wee things I own, and well, its an enjoyable little ship.

Yep. But it's something of a 'Tier 0' implementation, shockingly ;)

Only rolled out in the Constellation, can't be repaired or refuelled currently IIRC. The mothership tends to despawn if you fly too far away, then respawn without marker, so is hard to find. (Plus various general physics issues with not retaining momentum if launched when mothership in motion etc. Best to detach/dock when stationary. Autodock is buggy in atmospheres for some reason). No NPC crew control or anything like that.

Fun little things by the looks though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom