Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Personally I think SC and ED have way more in common than the binaries admit.

It's the differences that probably make the difference...

My shorthand for it is this:

ED:
Pre-orders taken: ~£2.9m (£0.7m + £2.2m)
Games released: 1
Expansions released: 2

Versus

SC / SQ42:
Pre-orders taken: ~$443m
Games released: 0

But of course there's a lot more devil in the detail.

Hence the thread ;)

You are in the SC thread, may I suggest you try to evaluate it in its own merits?
A Star Citizen thread on an Elite Dangerous forum, and the bias shows. Just compare this thread to the comments and discussions on a typical Star Citizen Youtube video, and you can't miss the difference in tone even if you're blind in both eyes.

I find it kinda funny and entertaining. But at least there are people in this thread who take the time to answer my sincere questions without drowning their answers in salt, so it has some practical uses.

BTW, if I get SC and actually end up liking it, what are you going to say about that?

A Star Citizen thread on an Elite Dangerous forum, and the bias shows. Just compare this thread to the comments and discussions on a typical Star Citizen Youtube video, and you can't miss the difference in tone even if you're blind in both eyes.
Obvious. Between "haters" and "white knights". Then here isn't the best place for taking objective advice on it. Spectrum neither, though :)
BTW, if I get SC and actually end up liking it, what are you going to say about that?
I guess it depends how you'd report: you'll find few harsh criticisms around Mole's feedbacks for example.

The reverse was seen on the old RSI forums' respective Elite Dangerous Katamari thread. Spectrum meanwhile doesn't insist on non-CIG games having their own single, consolidated discussion threads; there are many dozens of threads for games like Elite there, all with their own biases.

Meanwhile, check the comments on this typical Star Citizen youtube video:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6h9I7smsRE

If you want a generally-neutral overall viewpoint of the Star Citizen current-status and project development, join SaltEMike's discord or his Twitch streams' chat. Hundreds of SC backers who play somewhat regularly, who won't gloss over the pros and cons; Mike's now the longest SC-focussed streamer since he started at almost the beginning.

Alternatively, read the comments by @Mole HD, @Intrepid3D and @Surefoot here in this thread, all of whom play regularly.

Curated youtube videos, heavily edited to show the game in its best possible light, supported by comments of ultra-fans doing their utmost to promote the game, won't give you a genuine picture.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
There is a very easy way to avoid that issue wether it is here or in YouTube: Focus on the merits of the arguments presented instead of judging if the argumenter may be a « hater » or a « white knight ».

Obvious. Between "haters" and "white knights". Then here isn't the best place for taking objective advice on it. Spectrum neither, though :)

I guess it depends how you'd report: you'll find few harsh criticisms around Mole's feedbacks for example.

Which is exactly why the "game" called Star Citizen should be reviewed by independent game review sites, ED certainly is. You can't rely on personal opinion on game forums to give anyone any idea of what a game is like. Refusal to allow the SC "game"/AKA ALPHA to be reviewed in the same way as ED has been, but then drawing comparisons between the two is ingenuous at best.

Airbartending. Simulation inside simulation.

Also: can't get used to the UIs tied to moving objects, soooo stupid.

Also, also:
robot-arm.gif

Top Bottom