Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

You make collections of what you think can show SC in a bad light, giving a false impression that the alpha kill you every 10 min (30k, bugs) while it's completely false since a long time. Showing hours of playtime could be a good way to go 'against it'.
But be reassured, there is not enough people here for me to waste my time doing it.

Lol

A) You literally can't do it can you. You can't just agree that the 30Ks will probably uptick now, and just leave it at that. You have to gabble on about a weird collection of strawman arguments that I haven't actually made.

&

B) I post bug vids because I find pre-alpha bugs in AAA clothing to be funny. And because I know others here can appreciate the piquant things they say about SC's longer-term dysfunctions. (And what those things say in turn about CIG's marketing and hard-sell of the game).

I'm not here to paint any picture of SC. I'm just here to enjoy discussing those aspects with some like-minded people.

Some of the positives of this thread are that you can be knowledgeably sceptical about the game here without needlessly bugging fans, or being attacked excessively by the more zealous ones in turn.

The negative is that you still have to put up with the odd masochistic white knight blathering nonsense to try and smother all criticism. And the odd local who thinks every criticism of SC's unique excesses is somehow a defence of ED :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You're way past "skeptic".

iu

This thread is 99% crazy people crying "Chris Roberts is the antichrist!" a hundred times a day, so one little ant isn't going to turn this into a Woodstock concert full of hippy joy, LOL.
You forgot the part where everyone in the thread becomes an accounting/coding/management/barista expert as required by the latest tidbit of news/gossip/assertion to confirm that it will definitely spell the end for star citizen.

When you say, "Stop making me want to buy X4!" all I need to do is try to make you want to buy X4, and your response is always, "Yuck, no way!"

Mission accomplished ;)

Of course this makes me want to try Star Citizen all the more, because you say "Yuck!" to that as well, and if X4 is a "yuck" game for you while being a "I love this!" game for me, maybe Star Citizen will be too!
Ah… but my response to both is a bit more nuanced than that. X4 has always been a game I know I’m going to buy eventually, but I’ve got to stop buying games I won’t get around to playing for several years. No matter how it may tempting it may be. It’s in my wish least, and the last time it was on sale, I had to remind myself just how full my current game lineup is to stop pulling the trigger.

Star Citizen, on the other hand, is a game I once wanted to play, but over the years, it’s morphed into I might buy, just out of morbid curiosity… if the price is low enough. Thankfully, “free for a week” is currently sufficient to sate that particular urge. It already combines what I consider to be the major flaws of both No Man’s Sky and Elite Dangerous. And then there are several design details that I feel are questionable at best. The largest factor for me not buying this game, by far, is that CIG in general, and Chris Roberts in particular, makes Electronic Arts seem like paragons of virtue in comparison.

If you’re curious about my previous free fly experiences, you can find them below:

I’ll be doing the same thing for this upcoming free fly. ;)

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

iu

This thread is 99% crazy people crying "Chris Roberts is the antichrist!" a hundred times a day, so one little ant isn't going to turn this into a Woodstock concert full of hippy joy, LOL.

lol

There is a very easy solution to avoid having to justify your name calling of the moment every time you change it to suit your narrative:
Focus on the merits of the arguments presented instead of judging if the argumenter may be a « hater » or a « white knight ».

What about this eating and drinking survival system I've read about somewhere? Is that in the game now, or later? I'm just thinking that in flight might be a good time for a snack. Speaking of, fancy space yachts should come with stewards to serve me drinks!
Its in there atm, but its just stuff you buy from the vendors. You can then throw it in your ships inventory and consume from there, or 'fridges' I believe based on Moles earlier posts.

You can then throw it in your ships inventory and consume from there, or 'fridges' I believe based on Moles earlier posts.

Fridge may not be the best idea...

(Example of fridge damage accruing seen from the outside. The fridge in question.)

PS this is still the funniest thing in ages ;)

When you say, "Stop making me want to buy X4!" all I need to do is try to make you want to buy X4, and your response is always, "Yuck, no way!"

Mission accomplished ;)

Of course this makes me want to try Star Citizen all the more, because you say "Yuck!" to that as well, and if X4 is a "yuck" game for you while being a "I love this!" game for me, maybe Star Citizen will be too!
Yuck! Do not buy an Idris.

Well, my expectations are kinda high thanks to Space Engineers, X4 Foundations, and Subnautica. I want meaningful interactions with the UI, not just opening and closing doors for 10 minutes straight.

Though if food and drink are now part of surviving in SC, I could see going down to the galley during a long trip and cooking up some lunch. :)
Bad news: SC UI sucks (though X series doesn't shine in this department neither :) ) and you can't cook (because apart from few like turrets and beds most of ship equipments are pretty but useless assets)

iu

Yet you're here seeking for answers... Weird. I hope you're searching somewhere else too.

Yuck! Do not buy an Idris.
LOL, at least you have a good sense of humor!

FWIW I think the average person who spends big money on things fake spaceships, NFTs, gold Apple watches, and rare baseball cards are all... well... I better not finish that sentence.

That said, when I drive around my town and see a dozen vehicles parked in every single driveway because each member of the household, including the pets, "need" their own vehicle, and I consider the environmental impact of that, I become much more supportive of virtual wares. The making, selling, storing, fueling, and disposal of an Indris is way less destructive to the environment than a fancy car or boat or private jet.

So yes, BUY AN IDRIS!

iu

Yet you're here seeking for answers... Weird. I hope you're searching somewhere else too.
I'm quickly learning who has actual answers and who has nothing but empty rhetoric.

I’ll be doing the same thing for this upcoming free fly. ;)
While I won't be documenting my free fly experience, I do at least hope to have that experience this time around.

I do wish there was another way to test performance without waiting for a free-fly, like some sort of short 10 minute demo or game-specific benchmark. Right now the biggest question I have is will my computer even run Star Citizen. If not, then all this fencing and jousting is for naught.

What about this eating and drinking survival system I've read about somewhere? Is that in the game now, or later? I'm just thinking that in flight might be a good time for a snack. Speaking of, fancy space yachts should come with stewards to serve me drinks!
Yes I forgot this one. You have to drink and eat once every 2 or 3 hours. In some ships you even have a bar with some food and drinks at disposal.

Lol

A) You literally can't do it can you. You can't just agree that the 30Ks will probably uptick now, and just leave it at that. You have to gabble on about a weird collection of strawman arguments that I haven't actually made.
There is certainly more 30k in 3.17 than in 3.16 as (it seems) they are deploying entity graph.
But I haven't seen one myself yet and every players of this thread had stated they haven't seen one also.

While I won't be documenting my free fly experience, I do at least hope to have that experience this time around.

I do wish there was another way to test performance without waiting for a free-fly, like some sort of short 10 minute demo or game-specific benchmark. Right now the biggest question I have is will my computer even run Star Citizen. If not, then all this fencing and jousting is for naught.
Allegedly, performance has improved recently. I certainly hope so. My new computer struggled to even get above 30 FPS the last two free flies. Considering it can effortlessly run even the most demanding VR games I have with all the bells and whistles activated these days, and you’re worrying you might need a $4000 machine to run Star Citizen…

Allegedly, performance has improved recently. I certainly hope so. My new computer struggled to even get above 30 FPS the last two free flies. Considering it can effortlessly run even the most demanding VR games I have with all the bells and whistles activated these days, and you’re worrying you might need a $4000 machine to run Star Citizen…
As I'm at the bottom end of the market with my 'robust' gaming laptop I will say, its definitely improved.

And some though from a refunder about the SC's scam

View attachment 305567

Why not ? You make collections of what you think can show SC in a bad light, giving a false impression that the alpha kill you every 10 min (30k, bugs) while it's completely false since a long time. Showing hours of playtime could be a good way to go 'against it'.
But be reassured, there is not enough people here for me to waste my time doing it.
I'd watch them :)

Back
Top Bottom