Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

You can tell you're making the most complex, interesting and beautiful running shoes, if they can't go further than mood board and poorly patchworked proofs of concept (sorry, "internal builds open to public"), even a pair of used '70 beach sandals will walk you farther, faster and sooner than your Best Damn Space Flip Flops Ever

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
The only true thing is that the alpha WAS poorly managed (and I think it's not the case anymore). All the rest is stupid.
Not sure what you mean, the alpha was and is still extremely poorly managed. That is precisely that Spectrum´s poster point. With around 500+ millions spent over 10+ years without a single released product, SC is not only a crappy and abysmally managed alpha but also arguably the worst damned alpha ever.

There is a chance Lying Napkin was honest at that point and he had played through 0 of the 0 completed missions.
Oh I'm so stealing that :D

lKtGZ3O.gif

And the 100 systems. And the fauna. And the engaging single player storyline. Tbc.
It's content, I was talking about tech. Technically, I think the star engine is already better for a space game than the Creation Engine (except for base building and the ability to mod the game).

Not sure what you mean, the alpha was and is still extremely poorly managed. That is precisely that Spectrum´s poster point. With around 500+ millions spent over 10+ years without a single released product, SC is not only a crappy and abysmally managed alpha but also arguably the worst damned alpha ever.
The alpha was poorly managed, I'm ok with that.
But since 2 years, why do you think it's poorly managed ? Which big mistake was made the last 2 years by CR ?
I see only minor communication mistakes (Tow and the roadmap for the more noticeables).

You can tell you're making the most complex, interesting and beautiful running shoes, if they can't go further than mood board and poorly patchworked proofs of concept (sorry, "internal builds open to public"), even a pair of used '70 beach sandals will walk you farther, faster and sooner than your Best Damn Space Flip Flops Ever
Emperor's Clothes just don't work so well after running around naked for 10 years.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
The alpha was poorly managed, I'm ok with that.
But since 2 years, why do you think it's poorly managed ? Which big mistake was made the last 2 years by CR ?
I see only minor communication mistakes (Tow and the roadmap for the more noticeables).
Abysmal management means that all cans continue being kicked down the road in the same way as they have always been. Physics as broken as ever, SQ42 delays, server meshing delays, general roadmap cuts or delays, best damned AI delays, Pyro delays, exploration gameplay and mechanics not even in sight... I.e. 2 more years, 10+ now, with around 150 more millions spent/wasted and still not a single product released. Even recent patches seem to have been deteriorating in terms of bugs and issues.

But let me turn that question to you. Why do you think the last 2 years are different? Funding?

It is standard because it's simply true.
And repeating it thousand of times doesn't change this fact.
Sorry, but that’s simply not true. I’ve played many “playable alpha” and early access games over the last 15 years, and what I’m seeing from CIG doesn’t resemble any of them, let alone the best practices that have become standard over the years. CIG still hasn’t even finalized the design of the core technologies for the game, let alone implemented them. And yet the fragments is repeatedly marketed like a released game, and CIG’s lawyers are quick to call it a released game when disgruntled backers take them to court.

And 2 space games are made. Really complex, interesting and beautiful ones. Something that other companies don't even try to do.
Everyone talking about Starfield but when you read between the lines, what I see is several discontinued flat maps for a planet. No atmospheric flight with predefined cut scene landing places (because the ground must be flat below the ship). Simplistic space with no EVA and perhaps nothing else to do beside combat (if space mining was possible we should have seen it). Combat already better in SC (easy to see when the server is fresh). With this CIG is already technically able to deliver a better solo space game than Bethesda if they limit the scope to what Starfield is (except for the base building).
Sadly they are not made - they are by your own words in a previous post in pre alpha.

And 2 space games are made. Really complex, interesting and beautiful ones. Something that other companies don't even try to do.
Everyone talking about Starfield but when you read between the lines, what I see is several discontinued flat maps for a planet. No atmospheric flight with predefined cut scene landing places (because the ground must be flat below the ship). Simplistic space with no EVA and perhaps nothing else to do beside combat (if space mining was possible we should have seen it). Combat already better in SC (easy to see when the server is fresh). With this CIG is already technically able to deliver a better solo space game than Bethesda if they limit the scope to what Starfield is (except for the base building).
There is nothing made... at all. At best we have a barely functional proof of concept tech demo with several years of development still ahead to turn it into a playable game format. This is the same proof of concept tech demo I've been playing (and paying for) since 2015. You're confusing dreams.txt...yours and Ci¬G's...with reality.

Last edited:
There is nothing made... at all. At best we have a barely functional proof of concept tech demo with several years of development still ahead to turn it into a playable game format. This is the same proof of concept tech demo I've been playing (and paying for) since 2015. You're confusing dreams.txt...yours and Ci¬G's...with reality.
It's the day Johnson fails faking it but Ant didnt get the message yet.

Burned out from a lack of ship sale events since Alien Week ended only two weeks ago? Good news!

yaburnt-joker.gif

Still pushing the narrative there is a released game (that is also alpha, so no criticizing it!).

And if they keep increasing the rate of free fly's, the game will become effectively free to play.

Not this again.

SC is a released game. CIG says so, and so does metacritic.

There is not anything revolutionary coming to SC. No 1000s of players, no NPCs indistinguishable from real people, no 100+1 star systems.

SC backers should count their lucky stars if they get a mere five star systems separated by loading screens in the form of a wormhole animation. Those five systems will be as empty as the current one, because the server cap is going nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom