Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Mike being pretty blunt.

He even points out that many new players come to SC having fallen for videos made by content creators making the game look playable, and that if you meet new players you have to manage their expectations, tell them the real state of the game. In short, tell them they were misled, lied to.
Ah, if only there were the usual widespread independent reviews and scores to help new prospective players to be better informed about SC. A game being more heavily monetized than some of the wildest monetized games out there, and even stated as already released (in Early Access) by its developer.

Last edited:
Wait... They really need to put incentives for gathering bugs? They don't have enough with the whale weight tons of already referenced bugs? Come on CIG, give top 1000 current issue tracker contributors an Idris then!

I mean ppl pay FD to play the beta. Space Game players are just very, very tolerant of the corpo bulldung fed to them.

90% of people who payed to play the beta just did it to get a preview of the new content, I very much doubt a large percentage did it to report bugs, that's always going to be a problem with an open beta. But you have to remember the pay to play the beta also payed for the DLC, so that's slightly different than just paying to play the beta.

90% of people who payed to play the beta just did it to get a preview of the new content, I very much doubt a large percentage did it to report bugs, that's always going to be a problem with an open beta. But you have to remember the pay to play the beta also payed for the DLC, so that's slightly different than just paying to play the beta.
They pay for a buggy mess and in case of Odyssey it was pretty much misleading advertisement. FD pre-sell stuff that doesn't work as intended and keep very ambiguous about what the packet will actually contain. It's not only FD. Seen it with the "season passes", "early accesses" and whatyouwannacallthem. EA has pulled it a couple times with the SW shooters especially. EA-Bioware was a pretty big fiasko with Anthem. Bioshock Infinite was when I noticed this pattern. Robbers has had enough examples of what crap consumers swallow.

They pay for a buggy mess and in case of Odyssey it was pretty much misleading advertisement. FD pre-sell stuff that doesn't work as intended and keep very ambiguous about what the packet will actually contain. It's not only FD. Seen it with the "season passes", "early accesses" and whatyouwannacallthem. EA has pulled it a couple times with the SW shooters especially. EA-Bioware was a pretty big fiasko with Anthem. Bioshock Infinite was when I noticed this pattern. Robbers has had enough examples of what crap consumers swallow.

All the "season passes", "yearly subscriptions", "DLC passes" and all the like for content are all scams. The companies do it because it means they get pre-paid for work they have not done yet and have a guaranteed income regardless of the quality of content they then put out.

It also means they have zero incentive to do quality work, since they've already been paid for it. Just like CIG's business model.

Vote with your wallets.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Agree, although there is still a huge difference between those and SC. Those other games (with some exceptions) usually have a much shorter window between pre sales and explicit release; upon which the review machinery makes short work of any deficiencies and rendering everything public and obvious. The respective developers then have to face right away the consequent market reaction, be it in reduced sales, justified refunds or lost reputation etc. No place to hide. Not so with SC, hiding for over 10+ years under “alpha” even if it seems to have already released (in Early Access). That is probably one of the best and most amazing feats of CIG, to have their cake and eat it.

Last edited:
All the "season passes", "yearly subscriptions", "DLC passes" and all the like for content are all scams. The companies do it because it means they get pre-paid for work they have not done yet and have a guaranteed income regardless of the quality of content they then put out.

It also means they have zero incentive to do quality work, since they've already been paid for it. Just like CIG's business model.

Vote with your wallets.

Yeah, i really don't like it and try and avoid pre-paying unless i'm certain i will get a quality product.

Still waiting on Baldur's Gate 3... thought it would be done much earlier than it was. No complaints about quality so far, but i feel like its going to drag on and on and on.... not too dissimilar from a certain space game.

Forget K/D ratios, how's your C/K...?

My Crashes to Kills ratio is almost >0.5

I got past the door

Survived the QT crashes to desktop

I even managed to remember to bring all my ammo

But then I crashed again anyway but hey thats fine, reconnected, and I got to see a "LOADING" screen while my buddy says my avatar was receiving my ghost inputs. But thats fine, reconnect again and respawn in the hospital.

Then you get back to the Seige and pop some player in the head who came RUNNING at you in Ninetails Armor. So you get crimestat and have to go to jail

Get yourself axe murdered, lose all your crap, go to jail, and killing 1 guy in a chaotic live fire situation is 2 hours of crimestat in prison

Log off and remark how fun it was to play for 3 hours, kill 3 NPCs on foot and get a crimestat. My Crashes to Kills ratio is almost >0.5

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom