Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

What I experienced was that the first ten planets (at 6x the size of SC) were pretty bland and similar and the fun quickly wore off. So after doing some research on how many biomes I could expect to discover on those x billion planets, I gave up.
No need to wait. As you don't really want to play this game just forget it.
hmm-thinking.gif

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
No need to wait. As you don't really want to play this game just forget it. You'll see some news when it will be released.
I actually do want to play it.

I posted many times about the things that I like about Star Citizen and what I (try to) enjoy about it. The constant server wipes however mean that it is a complete waste of time for me personally to play it, so I don't. I check it out every few months, I come across the same buggy mess in the same old system that never changes. I realise that I have to re-grind literally everything again with my good old Cutlass Black... and I give up just at the thought of it.

It's been 11 years. 11 years of wiping my progress. 11 years of broken promises. 11 years of alpha :ROFLMAO: It is absolutely ridiculous!

I don't even want to start talking about Squadron 42, as that's another can of worms.

I posted many times about the things that I like about Star Citizen and what I (try to) enjoy about it. The constant server wipes however mean that it is a complete waste of time for me personally to play it, so I don't. I check it out every few months, I come across the same buggy mess in the same old system that never changes. I realise that I have to re-grind literally everything again with my good old Cutlass Black... and I give up just at the thought of it.

It's been 11 years. 11 years of wiping my progress. 11 years of broken promises. 11 years of alpha :ROFLMAO: It is absolutely ridiculous!

I don't even want to start talking about Squadron 42, as that's another can of worms.
The clue is not to grind.
If you can't stand the wipes, just connect each patch to play what's new (in 3.18 new race tracks and outposts, new salvaging job) without taking care of the money. Just enjoy it. Money will add up naturaly and if you have enough, try some ship with renting instead of buying them.

If you can't stand the wipes, just connect each patch to play what's new (in 3.18 new race tracks and outposts, new salvaging job) without taking care of the money. Just enjoy it. Money will add up naturaly and if you have enough, try some ship with renting instead of buying them.
This is a prime example of how to reply to comment without actually reading the comment.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I enjoy continuous story of my pilot in a persistent world. Role play in the verse. One-shot adventures in the same system got old after 11 years and are not what I'm looking for.

You told me to wait for beta, I asked when can I expect it, because I am waiting 11 (ELEVEN) years and still no sign of it. All these posts we've exchanged and you still didn't answer my question, and instead just provided more excuses to play alpha.

So. About that beta you told me to wait for... When will I be able to play it, again?

This is a prime example of how to reply to comment without actually reading the comment.
Prime exemple on proposing a new way to play after reading the initial comment. You know, some persons can change after hearing an advice...
So. About that beta you told me to wait for... When will I be able to play it, again?
Between 2024 and 2050... or never because as, some said here, there will be a wake up call in the community "now" and the funding of CIG will burst in flame between 2017 and next year.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Prime exemple on proposing a new way to play after reading the initial comment. You know, some persons can change after hearing an advice...

Between 2024 and 2050... or never because as, some said here, there will be a wake up call in the community "now" and the funding of CIG will burst in flame between 2017 and next year.
OK, thanks for confirming :) I will keep waiting and blazing my own trail in Elite, continuously for 8 years now.

o7

If you can't play, if you have problems, if you raise concerns regarding anything, if the dream failed... It's your fault. Also, Chris Almighty absolved himself btw.

Ahh, yes, the old lame "grind is in your mind" argument, it's always the player's fault when the game doesnt work.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Ahh, yes, the old lame "grind is in your mind" argument, it's always the player's fault when the game doesnt work.
The problem with grindy content in SC is that it cannot be skipped. The constant running to your ship, taking the metro, that kind of stuff. I personally don't mind gameplay grind, because I don't usually grind. As soon as something becomes tedious/boring/annoying, I swap gameplay to something else to keep the variety. Elite is great in that regard, with a few exceptions.
SC is absolutely terrible when it comes to that, because it literally makes the most mandatory things extremely tedious after a while.

The problem with grindy content in SC is that it cannot be skipped. The constant running to your ship, taking the metro, that kind of stuff. I personally don't mind gameplay grind, because I don't usually grind. As soon as something becomes tedious/boring/annoying, I swap gameplay to something else to keep the variety. Elite is great in that regard, with a few exceptions.
SC is absolutely terrible when it comes to that, because it literally makes the most mandatory things extremely tedious after a while.
Absolutely not, you don't need to grind. I don't know when you played the last time and how you play but grinding is not necessary.
You spawn in a city, go to a space station with a weapon shop and make your spawn point there. When you will die, you can get in your ship in 2/3 min. You buy 20 magazines of custodian SMG and 20 of P4 (weapons easily found on NPC), 20 medpen and that's all you need to start your journey. At each of your missions you will gain more stuff/magazine than the stuff you use and you just need to come close to your spawn space station to transfer your personnal/ship inventory to the station inventory to secure your harvest. When you know how to play, you even can go bare hand in an easy mission and come back with a light + a medium armor, a pistol, a shotgun, a SMG and a snipe.
After 10 hours, you even don't bother anymore collecting base stuff and only take care of special weapons/armors. You even find armors/weapons in chest when you do delivery missions !

Last edited:
Yeah, unskippable grind is worst. That's why I'm gonna enable cheats in Valheim to get my corpse back from the 3 wolves camping it in the plains. Funny though: I grinded black forests to find Haldor to get fish bait. Apparently they are up to make new fishing grind but I just want to be able to fish when things get annoying. I didn't find the fishing in Warframe grindy either. It was a decent game loop: explore and identify spots for different fish. Then relax fishing. And in the end I can even have a fish wrap in Valheim. I can fish from a boat. I totally should fish more serpent too. And I'm gonna make new map so I can fish without being hunted.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Absolutely not, you don't need to grind. I don't know when you played the last time and how you play but grinding is not necessary.
You spawn in a city, go to a space station with a weapon shop and make your spawn point there. When you will die, you can get in your ship in 2/3 min.
Thanks, that's actually very useful info.

Thanks, that's actually very useful info.
What I do when a wipe occur is I a do all types of missions around the same planet and its moons to see what's new/have changed in the base missions. When I've done all of them, I have a good inventory in the space station. So I go to another planet, choose a new spawn and do all type of missions there (each planet have different missions).
The time I finish the second planet, I've enough money to buy a new small ship and after some time, I've a good inventory around each planet.
The only real progression that is a noticeable loss is the reputation.It doesn't reset with every wipe but for 3.18 it will be. So you have to start again on small missions but as there is usually some change to them, it don't bother me.

Back
Top Bottom