Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Thanks for clarifying. I must have read something wrong.

However I did recently confirm that they removed the infamous preorder of non-existent PDF guide for non-existent modding of non-existent private servers from the store.

But they did add a non-existent UEC packs for sale (basically a release-grade in game money bags, which you can't use in pre-release versions). In addition you can also purchase a preorder of non-existent galaxy map and "Making of Star Citizen" artbook.

So balance in nature has been retained 😅
Btw, the spontaneous eruption of song was not too bad in your late stream. I'm looking forward to an interpretation of the Barber of Seville.

However I did recently confirm that they removed the infamous preorder of non-existent PDF guide for non-existent modding of non-existent private servers from the store.

But they did add a non-existent UEC packs for sale (basically a release-grade in game money bags, which you can't use in pre-release versions). In addition you can also purchase a preorder of non-existent galaxy map and "Making of Star Citizen" artbook.

Yeah the mod manual finally got dropped in the honesty box 😁

They've been selling UEC this whole time though. AFAIK they still convert into aUEC after every wipe. (CIG totally dumped their hard cap on how much people could accrue though ;). So out there somewhere there's doubtless some loon pay-to-winning the max 25k UEC every day ;))

Yogi reminds us that the new flight model is very, very alpha. And going to change all over again later 😁

There are several ships which are not sitting in the correct tuning frame for 3.23. Due to the sheer amount of ships we have the in game, the re-tuning was a rather wide-stroke pass for this quarter, the Redeemer is not the only ship that regard. Now with 3.23. in public hands the ship tunings are finally get the exposure to the players which gives us a lot more data and feedback to work with. As I said the Redeemer is not the only one but it is important that players test these things right now. We will not manage to do all the ship changes we want to do for 3.23 as it is almost out of the door.

But none of the flight stats are final anyways, effectively 3.23. is really just setting up the base frames and technology for far bigger changes in 4.0.

Presumably he means the 'control surfaces' thing about aerodynamics for atmospheres? (Which is what's supposed to replace the hacked together hover mode v5 [or whatever] they currently have.)

Yogi reminds us that the new flight model is very, very alpha. And going to change all over again later 😁

Presumably he means the 'control surfaces' thing about aerodynamics for atmospheres? (Which is what's supposed to replace the hacked together hover mode v5 [or whatever] they currently have.)

I think SC has had more flight model reworks now than the years it has been in development :LOL:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

I'm guessing that means when I will ask whether 3.23 is finally it, I will be told to just wait for 3.24 😀

I recently went on holiday back to somewhere I hadn’t visited for 30 years; I oddly had a profound moment of seeing the last 30 years of my life zip by in my head and all the different choices and events since I was last there!
So I think it will be with star citizen, if we revisit the beginning, that cringy kickstarter video by the used car salesman; and then all the world events since… for some, it’s a lifetime!
It’s easy to not notice small incremental changes - (why some men don’t notice their own comb overs or yourself getting older), but a reminder of the beginnings can hilight the reality?

Last edited:
About as much as bartender "AI".
B8YmHQYCMAE4PnI

The way they both fell simultaneously made me think of this...

• The planet surfaces are shaders, not meshes. The terrain is recreated every server tick. Terrain modifiers are done in real time rather than using sculpted meshes which are manually baked in.
  • [...]
  • It's far from optimized, causes entities to fall through the surface, and has issues with mismatches between appearance and collision.

Top Bottom