Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Many devs are currently dealing with the complications of players and NPCs putting on and taking off clothes live in the engine.

The team also enabled failure detection code in the movement system component to identify and fix situations where NPCs were standing on usables
Next patch, NPCs will rather die than stand on chairs!

I foolishly thought they'd done this already...

Replication Layer Update:
Over the course of the 3.23 patch cycle, the Replication Layer will be moved off of the game servers and set up as its own standalone service. In the short term, this allows for greater server recovery in the event of a crash. This is also a critical next step toward Server Meshing.

Seeing as they talked it up and used it like that for the 'server meshing' test etc.

This will doubtless be good for 3.23...

I am honestly struggling to understand how a presumably abstracted and absolutely authoritative layer state arbitrator mechanism could both reside in the same layer and replicate - in an unarbitrated and non-authoritated state - the state it's supposed to be an authority over.

Are the keys to enlightenment hidden in an Idris?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
There was a heated discussion on my Discord today about Elite being mile wide inch deep and they went off to the ship builds and how complex they are etc. etc. etc. and someone said "Yeah, but at least Star Citizen has well over 100 ships!"

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Colour me VERY surprised, they have 123 ships released in game :O

Colour me VERY surprised, they have 123 ships released in game :O

There are 123 ships in SC, but ED still has more meaningful ship choices with the builds.

You can build a hauler that will blow up if someone sneezes on it with a ton of cargo room or you can build a hauler that trades that cargo capacity, but will be tough as heck.

explorer you can trade jump range for survivability etc.

But my dear Root, how many games have they released?

More than one, apparently. They're legacy by now.
Additionally, the Narrative team did a lot of planning and pre-production work for Star Citizen 1.0, detailing the scripts and assets that will be needed for its release. This includes looking at legacy work done in the game’s early releases and analyzing how best to update it to meet current standards.

Many devs are currently dealing with the complications of players and NPCs putting on and taking off clothes live in the engine.

Huh, when else can they put on and take off clothes? Is there where CIG make an out of the game dress up game and disable redressing in game?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I am honestly struggling to understand how a presumably abstracted and absolutely authoritative layer state arbitrator mechanism could both reside in the same layer and replicate - in an unarbitrated and non-authoritated state - the state it's supposed to be an authority over.

Are the keys to enlightenment hidden in an Idris?
Why, you make a different server hard drive disc partition, mate. You just don’t understand revolutionary technology development.

Top Bottom