Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Except that WoT is an actual game that has been released, it has been reviewed by critics, it has been in operation for 10 years and players have received delivery on all items purchased.

Don't know about WoT, but World of Warships you could buy premium time and premium ships before the game was released. They even got rid of at least one premium ship that you paid cash for and you were only refunded credits in game.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Don't know about WoT, but World of Warships you could buy premium time and premium ships before the game was released. They even got rid of at least one premium ship that you paid cash for and you were only refunded credits in game.

I hear you. Though I am not sure the scale of the people affected and the amounts involved for that very particular and limited issue is remotely comparable to the totality of 2 games not delivered after 8 years following kickstarter, to the tune of 300+ million USD and 750K+ backers and still counting.

I hear you. Though I am not sure the scale of the people affected and the amounts involved for that very particular and limited issue is remotely comparable to the totality of 2 games not delivered after 8 years following kickstarter, to the tune of 300+ million USD and 750K+ backers and still counting.

It is at least 1. RIP Kitakami

Oof... that's a bit scummy.

What the loving hell....?

mktentwitch
edited 2 hours ago
UPDATE: After repeated requests to remove my data, NightNord has gotten nasty over PM's, hence the update to his post below. I have reported this mishandling of my personal data to Github, the mods, and CIG who really should plug the hole in Spectrum.

TL:DR - I'm not happy that my in-game handle is being published alongside how much I've spent... people I know can now see how much money I have put into Star Citizen. That's my personal information and while CIG did a bad by leaking it, NightNord should not be compounding the issue here.

ORIGINAL POST: While I'm aware this data can be freely scraped, you've presented it in such a fashion that the boss can easily find out I have a concierge level account. This is a particular pain that I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

@NightNord - please can you treat this as a formal request to remove my accounts from your database? I can list them off in a separate private message.

Do people normally let their boss know what their online name is? Why should their boss even care how much he has spent on JPGs?

I thought all you europeans were hysterical with their online privacy and gdpr's? But not you?

Separate matter that CIG have exposed this stuff to an API. That's also to be derided.

I'm laughing at this person getting all in a panic about their boss knowing how much he has spent on JPGs, and questioning how many people's bosses know their online name.

Unless of course his "boss" is his wife. :p

What the loving hell....?

Do people normally let their boss know what their online name is? Why should their boss even care how much he has spent on JPGs?
Perhaps 'the boss' was in fact Mrs whatsisface rather than an employer ...but why would he try to hide his spending on pixel spaceships from his partner in the first place? Never understood that breach of trust, it's no different than secret drinking or having a bit on the side in my book...If you feel so guilty that you have to hide your spending from your wife, perhaps you shouldn't be doing it ;)

Ninja'd

Last edited:
I thought all you europeans were hysterical with their online privacy and gdpr's? But not you?
We are, which is why pseudonyms (eg. forum handles) have become such a popular tool to disassociate a data presence from any kind of actual person or personal information: because then you can handle an individual without having to deal with all those issues.

Separate matter that CIG have exposed this stuff to an API. That's also to be derided.

I'm laughing at this person getting all in a panic about their boss knowing how much he has spent on JPGs, and questioning how many people's bosses know their online name.

Unless of course his "boss" is his wife. :p

I got into a discussion once about video games with a program manager i sorta worked for. Was playing Elite at the time and mentioned Elite. Well, he also played Elite and asked what my CMDR name was and without really thinking about it, I told him.

So he friended me in game and then found me on discord. I guess not that many sovapids out there.

Had to shut off the discord / game integration where it showed if you were playing a game. Couldnt have that showing Elite if i bailed out early on a friday or was grinding credits during a boring conference call. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom