Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

New visual effect when you enter atmosphere
To be fair? Looks like crap, like they throw random effect on the surfaces. KSP does this waaaaay better, copying surfaces consistently - there's no "one moment there is heat effect on this surface, the other it isn't, then it is again, even though the speed doesn't change and it goes through thickening atmosphere".

Also what are those trails at the end at such height. There's not enough atmosphere to condense that high.

I fired my last and only ever iPhone out of clay pidgeon trap and shot it full of size 7 birdshot because it didn't have a 'back' button. I claimed on the insurance and replaced it with a proper phone that did have a 'back' button...so far, I've not found reason to shoot at it ;)

That
Is
Brilliant!

As someone who has trashed several phones in frustration by throwing them against the nearest brick built structure I'm in a world of envy.

Being a soft townie I know nothing of field sports or firearms but it's almost worth taking all the courses just to have that option!

another great tech invented by CIG. Add it to the list.
It's just a new effect, CIG have not invented it. Also, you don't have to label everything CIG makes 'great', it's pretty, nothing more. You are such a fanboy 😊

A simple mission that I was not aware of : deploy a satelitte. Never see it in my mission list.

My current favorite (normal) SC streamer is about to

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/bognogus

He played ED forever.

Seems like he’s quite enjoying the atmospheric flying. He went as far as to say ‘It’s not like a flying disc now!' ;) (regarding having to tilt up to maintain height).

Every time he got excited about it feeling more like a flight sim he did a test that turned out comical though.

* Impressed by apparent buffeting and loss of height, rotated 90 degrees. Lost no height at all. ('Meh, well, it is a spaceship')

* Lost a wing. Struggled mightily to keep it stable, rolling regularly, aiming to reach a nearby base. Turned upside-down and took hands off the controls ('Lets see what happens here'). It flies along serenely, with just a barely perceptible bit of roll 😄

Last edited:
He also tried the bartender, who didn't give him the drink and seemingly spilled the drink on the floor. He also crashed out when looking at paints.

Saurus already 30Kd.

Early days, though.

Guy on SA seeing it like this:

Just watching bognogus streaming 3.10.

Amazing new feature body dragging! They drag someone up the stairs, the guy sinks into the stairs and disappears.

They try the stunning new bartender AI. Tries to order a drink, the bartender wanders off with the drink in his hand and never brings it back.

There was also a 30k crash in the first minute I started watching, of course.

PC gaming is saved.

Can’t wait to see the bartender subsumption in action 😄

Last edited:
It's just a new effect, CIG have not invented it. Also, you don't have to label everything CIG makes 'great', it's pretty, nothing more. You are such a fanboy 😊

A simple mission that I was not aware of : deploy a satelitte. Never see it in my mission list.

its been around for a while. npc's used to attack you when you were deploying it.

The bartender did a little better for Saurus. He got the drinks. Although Saurus could not pick up the first one.

30K for Bognogus. 8 years in and they can't keep the servers up for even a few hours. And the backers are fine with it.

The bartender did a little better for Saurus. He got the drinks. Although Saurus could not pick up the first one.

30K for Bognogus. 8 years in and they can't keep the servers up for even a few hours. And the backers are fine with it.

no one expects the first day of ptu to be stable. watch someone streaming 3.9 and im sure the servers will be up for a while.

That
Is
Brilliant!

As someone who has trashed several phones in frustration by throwing them against the nearest brick built structure I'm in a world of envy.

Being a soft townie I know nothing of field sports or firearms but it's almost worth taking all the courses just to have that option!
The look on my visiting neighbours face was priceless too when I walked into the kitchen with my shotgun over the crook of my arm...

"Rabbits?"

"No, iPhones.."
;)

After downloading the PTU I decided I couldn't really be bothered with going in and setting up all my controls to deal with the new inputs and FM changes...or to find out if any changes are indeed necessary. I went off and played some Mafia 3 without even firing it up.

I'll catch the reviews/verdict on YouTube I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom