Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I like this part

Just one small problem. If RSI (erm? RSI? Shouldn't that be CIG? Or is this just very cleverly worded to ensure nobody can ever get refunds), stops development, there won't be any money to refund to people anyway. Its not like CIG have kept all pledged money in reserve for stuff they haven't delivered on.

No, no, CR is on record mentioning in several occasions that he had enough money in reserve to finish the game(s) should the backing stop.

Viajero eyes CIG financial blogs

Oups.

Last edited:
Seriously? So SSOCS wasn't even of any use for this quite standard culling case?
I recall they introduced culling for ships at first but immediately ran into issues with doors (sections of the ship would not appear when you opened a door, so that door opened on the void of space instead of the rest of the ship..) and with cockpit glass (you could see "through" the ship in exterior camera view). Then they pulled back all of this code. That's their 2nd shot at it, AFAIK.

I recall they introduced culling for ships at first but immediately ran into issues with doors (sections of the ship would not appear when you opened a door, so that door opened on the void of space instead of the rest of the ship..) and with cockpit glass (you could see "through" the ship in exterior camera view). Then they pulled back all of this code. That's their 2nd shot at it, AFAIK.
Funny thing: they had the perfect solution designed recently - but just with rule of cool consideration because... CIG - that could end all their problems: Talon's cockpit.

Warframe had the same problem. They use map tiles they combine randomly. At the junctions the next map tile would sometimes not preload and you fell throuhg world.

Funny thing: they had the perfect solution designed recently - but just with rule of cool consideration because... CIG - that could end all their problems: Talon's cockpit.
Honestly, this kind of armored cockpit makes more sense (at least on combat vehicles) and having a full OLED kind of overlay inside is not so outlandish... Requires much less suspension of disbelief than sounds in space (with a lot of echo, in SC), or "space is soup limiting speed drastically", or "magical reverse thrusters that are both invisible and as powerful as main ones". But i digress.

Not sure if you know, but there is a running joke around here that goes "never been done before!" Due to how backers like to claim CIG are doing stuff that has never been done before despite plenty of evidence showing it has been done before.

So, increasing graphics quality improves performance? Never been done before! Another first for CIG!
I think it's just broke.
Pug

I didn't realise I could carry around so much crap with this birdie armour...looks like somebody covered me in glue and chucked me through an ironmonger's window..

t125s0h.png

Top Bottom