Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

On a side note, had this issue been resolved yet?
1611905810457.png

On a side note, had this issue been resolved yet?
View attachment 206062
Nope...still a significant hurdle seemingly since it's got worse over the last 2 patches... including the current PTU where the trade terminals still aren't working. They've removed Delamar, reduced the server cap, added a community goal type mission which doesn't work properly 90% of the time and fixed absolutely burger all it appears... :cautious:

I heard some utter trollox from Ci¬G claiming that the Xeno threat scenario is a dynamic mission...even when they've openly discussed in the testing chat on Spectrum adjusting 'timers' for triggering set spawn points within the mission.

Last edited:
Nope...still a significant hurdle seemingly since it's got worse over the last 2 patches... including the current PTU where the trade terminals still aren't working. They've removed Delamar, reduced the server cap, added a community goal type mission which doesn't work properly 90% of the time and fixed absolutely burger all it appears... :cautious:
What? It had been five years. Five. Years. Please tell me that this blocker is at least on the roadmap.

Couple of thoughts.

1) Hacking - tech on the roadmap. Erm, isn't that already in? Don't you already have to hack terminals to do some missions or remove crimestats or something? Or are they now reaching for the heady heights of Tier 1 hacking?

2) Any sign of the much vaunted staggered development that CIG assured us would improve stability of patches and more when they introduced it?

I thought "staggered development" was already implemented translating into the one-patch-every-quarter? Our Perry confirmed years ago that teams are seperated and dont know what each other do at any given time and the 6 month cycle length usually tied to staggered development are also already in for a long time. Makes you wonder what CIGs staggered development actually means same as "soon" or (respectful" or any of the other terms the public seems to have a drastically different understanding of than Roberts does.

I thought "staggered development" was already implemented translating into the one-patch-every-quarter? Our Perry confirmed years ago that teams are seperated and dont know what each other do at any given time and the 6 month cycle length usually tied to staggered development are also already in for a long time. Makes you wonder what CIGs staggered development actually means same as "soon" or (respectful" or any of the other terms the public seems to have a drastically different understanding of than Roberts does.

Staggered development was different teams working out of phase with each other. With quarterly releases this means each team works for 6 months on the content for one patch.

So, i'm wondering if anyone has analyzed the roadmap to see if there is any evidence for or against this happening.

I thought "staggered development" was already implemented translating into the one-patch-every-quarter? Our Perry confirmed years ago that teams are seperated and dont know what each other do at any given time and the 6 month cycle length usually tied to staggered development are also already in for a long time.
1611930159951.png

What FUDstery is this? Are you complaining about Holy Roberts being not late, but early?

i'm wondering if anyone has analyzed the roadmap to see if there is any evidence
Yeah, about that. This roadmap business started back in 2016, five years ago:
1611936206873.png

Fast-forward two years of nothingness:
1611936260734.png

And embrace the confidence:
1611936304963.png

1611936325116.png

Feel pretty good!
1611936365094.png

But then development staggered. Maybe it got an arrow to the knee?
1611936436417.png

Fast-forward one year of development recovering from the wounds:
1611936486877.png

Oh, sorry, false start. Fast-forward a bit more:
1611936540958.png

Can't you see, I'm switching here! This is the new me:
1611936594271.png

So, we have plenty of evidence that roadmap is actually degrading. As time passes, it becomes less definitive and more vague.
I think that in a couple of years roadmap will look like this:
2021-01-29_19-15.png

CIG on SQ42 over the last half year:
  • We have a new SQ42 video coming tomorrow!
  • We've pulled the video for editorial reasons
  • many months pass
  • Here is our video!!! The Briefing Room: Episode One! Episode One people!
  • We've delayed the SQ42 beta, for at least a year
  • We've cancelled The Briefing Room and won't publicly show SQ42 anymore
  • Please pledge

Top Bottom