Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Flying the Crusader Griefertool Mk 1...reputation and style points deducted :D

That Gatling gives me a....... never mind. i'm ranking my reputation up, trying to get to a high level before the 48 hour rental is up, i want to get beyond all these piddly little one at a time fleas, trying to get to VHRT, two Valkyries and three Hurricanes all at once for some tango fun.

I'm going back to the EXPO see if i can rent it again for another 48 hours.

This was posted to SA

Theaetetus
Heck, you can fall through floors in any Bugthesda game long after they've gone gold, so expecting an alpha to be bug-free is insane. But that's where you - specifically you, somedude, aren't helping: in every one of these threads, you try to convince people that this is the best game of the year, should be winning IGN awards left and right, it's simulating an entire functioning universe, it'll give you a handjob under the table, etc. And all of that is clearly false, because it's unplayable buggy mess, as one would expect from an alpha. Every time you say that it's incredible, and someone goes and launches it in free fly and it immediately crashes
After 10 posts of testimonies about bugs, falling in floor and crash someone ask this guy the prefered Agony_Aunt's bingo question "Is SC installed on an SSD? ".
Bingo : the guy with the beast computer say he is testing on HDD...
Theaetetus
As I said above, i9, RTX 3080, 64 GB of RAM, and my graphics are set to high (though why should setting them lower make it less stable?). I am using a hard drive, so I expect the loading times to be longer, but constantly crashing?

After 10 posts of testimonies about bugs, falling in floor and crash someone ask this guy the prefered Agony_Aunt's bingo question "Is SC installed on an SSD? ".
Bingo : the guy with the beast computer say he is testing on HDD...

Heh, funny. Still, the rubbish the one faithful in the thread is spouting more than makes up for it.

Anyway, how you doing LA? You hadn't posted for so long i was beginning to think you'd seen the light and stopped playing SC to play ED instead!

Why would anyone with that type of high end kit be running on rust still? It's not like SSDs are new ...

Could just be how they are upgrading and not got round to it yet. My daughter still doesn't have a SSD and while my son does have one, its his game drive and his OS is still one a spinny. Wife has SSD for drive only because her old one was dying. I'm the only one with both OS and games on SSD and i still have a regular drive for extra space and a 500Gb external for backup and storing films on.

Could just be how they are upgrading and not got round to it yet. My daughter still doesn't have a SSD and while my son does have one, its his game drive and his OS is still one a spinny. Wife has SSD for drive only because her old one was dying. I'm the only one with both OS and games on SSD and i still have a regular drive for extra space and a 500Gb external for backup and storing films on.
yeah, but you haven't splashed on a 3080, i9 and 64 Gb of memory AFAIK ... I guess they could be just moving the disk from machine to machine ...

I haven't used rust for anything other than mass media storage for 10+ years now, just surprised that anyone would pay for the latest gear and tie it to the slowest storage known to mankind 🤷‍♀️

Why would anyone with that type of high end kit be running on rust still? It's not like SSDs are new ...
Some gamers with a lot of active games have often a second huge disk which is HDD (cheaper) for all their secondary/test games. For instance, I have one of 8 To (for games+work).
As SC is an alpha and takes up a lot of space, the chances of a player installing the game during freefly temporarily on a second HDD (instead of the main SSD) for testing are high.

Anyway, how you doing LA? You hadn't posted for so long i was beginning to think you'd seen the light and stopped playing SC to play ED instead!
I play a lot of SC/CP77 right now. Also, I see less and less the interest to post here. Few people come here now except for the 4 or 5 regulars who post weekly.

Some gamers with a lot of active games have often a second huge disk which is HDD (cheaper) for all their secondary/test games. For instance, I have one of 8 To (for games+work).
As SC is an alpha and takes up a lot of space, the chances of a player installing the game during freefly temporarily on a second HDD (instead of the main SSD) for testing are high.

I play a lot of SC/CP77 right now. Also, I see less and less the interest to post here. Few people come here now except for the 4 or 5 regulars who post weekly.
Yeah, it just isn't worth inventing new nollocks for just the few who are interested here.

I play a lot of SC/CP77 right now.

You're playing CP2077? Wow, bucking the trend there! CP2077 is still being held up by people in /r/sc as being an example of a bad game.

Also, I see less and less the interest to post here. Few people come here now except for the 4 or 5 regulars who post weekly.

Yes, i think we all miss Fritz's epic posts. ;)

So where are you spreading the good word now? Have you found a new audience?

You're playing CP2077? Wow, bucking the trend there! CP2077 is still being held up by people in /r/sc as being an example of a bad game.

Yes, i think we all miss Fritz's epic posts. ;)
In CP2077, you can get in and out of cars/vehicles seamlessly and those vehicles have interiors, so all good.

Is Fritz on vacation?

In CP2077, you can get in and out of cars/vehicles seamlessly and those vehicles have interiors, so all good.

Is Fritz on vacation?

I think we all hope he is well. He might have just got bored with it all. LA likes to insinuate he's seen the light and now bought an Idris.

Vitruvian man!

8apay8ogmf181.jpg

We must be approaching perfection…

Top Bottom