Starbase

Space Engineers for me, for that type of game-play. Can't beat building your own ship and then trying to survive in space.
But I still have a love/hate relationship with it.. :/

No however as much as I love ED, the game design sometimes make my eyes twist.
Well, to me, ED was always primarily and most importantly about flying a spaceship. And it does it spectacularly.
Complaining that it lack features of games like this one or Space Engineers is kind of off the rails, imo.

Well, to me, ED was always primarily and most importantly about flying a spaceship. And it does it spectacularly.
Complaining that it lack features of games like this one or Space Engineers is kind of off the rails, imo.
That was not my complain, read my first comment again. (hint it was not even related to SE but to starbase)

That was not my complain, read my first comment again. (hint it was not even related to SE but to starbase)
I read: "If ED was more MMO and less developer shoehorned design it would be perfect"

Which is something I wholeheartedly disagree with. Sorry. :LOL:

Interesting, BUT these two ideas make me laugh;
"...fully destructible environment..."
and
"...unleash your creativity..."

I foresee a galaxy of floating rubble in no time.
So true. I think it's easy to forget the force of troll power.

At first i didnt like the graphical style, but after watching all those introductionary videos from Frozenbyte, i might have to toss my graphical nitpickings aside. :unsure:

Does look interesting this game. I have played a few games that are very similar.

I like to build my own ship's, stations etc. Plus I also like to know how things work and also maintain them on your travels. That's a great deal for me in space games, not just push and go, but maintain and survive.
This game look really detailed in the building, I've watched a few of the videos and will be keeping an eye on progress.

I wonder if the building isnt "too detailed" I mean you are going to program the various trigger items as well. Me and my wife love Portal Knights and we likfe to simply spend a couple hours working on various projects (the latest is a cruise ship we got the blueprints for). Starbase has better visuals and looks more sci-fi but it seems to be something we both hate...MMO world where everybody can attack you and/or your creations. I am watching this but I m still on the line unsure if this game is going to be a good fit or not.

Starbase has better visuals and looks more sci-fi but it seems to be something we both hate...MMO world where everybody can attack you and/or your creations.

Every megastation is located inside safe zone where your creations or ships cannot be destroyed. Eventually the game will expand to the point where you can built your own megastations outside safe zones but thats completely another ball game there. :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jW4ic1piFnRB0jJcoXeRNYvpREaCKMSCEmLvCqB-7mw/edit

Are there safe zones for things like trading hubs etc.?
XCompWizFB (5/28/19): The starting areas are safe. … You can trade in the starting areas. And build some, even. Not sure how far the area extends, but mining might be slightly at your own risk.

What would happen to a large group of griefers that spawn-camp the safezone?
LauriFB (6/27/19): That is prevented technically but also forbidden to even try. ... Some spawn camping is perfectly legit, for example if another faction is capturing entire station it's just normal to kill everyone and capture spawns. But of course safe zone campings are prevented and trying to circumvent that leads to saltberia time. ... I'd imagine they would find themselves destroyed by imperial army and sent to saltberia, where camping is perfectly ok.

Top Bottom