State of the Game

<Off Topic Rant>

Thought I'd try VR again - after update 6 dropped.
Spent several hours playing with the FSR thing - It does get you extra frames, but makes any text almost unreadable, - plus frame rates in Station / @ some settlements is still cack.
Also the FSR isn't applied to the pancake mode screen, when you enter a station, so it looks really cack. I get the feeling that VR is really dropping down the list at the mo' - even for basic bug fixes. Understandable, given the other issues they have, but still disappointing.

Really miss my VR, and it's a sodding shame, as the game is excellent in 2D, and I get great frame rates in space / planets, and passable / playable (usually) in station / settlements.

Oh well - back to flat mode / reading the forums - grrrrrrr.

Update 7 maybe !?
</Off Topic>

<Off Topic Rant>

Spent several hours playing with the FSR thing - It does get you extra frames, but makes any text almost unreadable, - plus frame rates in Station / @ some settlements is still cack.
Also the FSR isn't applied to the pancake mode screen, when you enter a station, so it looks really cack. I get the feeling that VR is really dropping down the list at the mo' - even for basic bug fixes. Understandable, given the other issues they have, but still disappointing.

Really miss my VR, and it's a sodding shame, as the game is excellent in 2D, and I get great frame rates in space / planets, and passable / playable (usually) in station / settlements.

Update 7 maybe !?
</Off Topic>

update 7 should be this coming week's fixes for patch 6.

unfortunately, fdev will probably hold on to patch 7 for 3+ weeks and think it's so awesome to have a 3 page changelog despite that never going well for them

Okay - after my moan about VR - I've decided to attack FD Towers, and I've got one hell of an angry animal to back me up.
If this doesn't scare them into fixing VR FPS, nothing will !
iu.jpeg

<Off Topic Rant>

Update 7 maybe !?
</Off Topic>
I love EDH in VR. It's fabulous.

I just discovered that it's so well optimised that my new graphics card doesn't squeeze out anything new. I played for years on a 1080, and yesterday found out that all a 3080 gets me is slightly better shadows!

Top Bottom