State of the Game

R (2).jpg

Children are not that adventurous, when it comes to food - it will change over the years - I guess it is more the texture of the meat than anything else, what is putting them off. Then again children experience basic flavors (bitter, sour, salty, sweet) in a different way than adults - not all what is pleasant to us, is as well pleasant for a child's taste buds and especially bitterness is really off-putting for children, whereas extremely sweet stuff is off-putting to us, but not to children, they love it. Intestines have quite often a bitter aspect to them and that is why those are not favorites of children.
Interestingly I've heard it said that this may be an evolutionary development. Children who 'forage' won't like and won't eat bitter foodstuffs. Foods with bitter flavours are often not good for us and some are outright poisonous. Hence the avoidance of bitter flavours when young is helpful.

So,
because this new FSR down/upscaling solution wasn't really working as expected and
graphic was getting stuck at slightly DOWNSCALED resolution even if GPU usage was low for a long time - even on "ultra quality" setting,

I am testing the following solution with better results so far:

My native resolution is 2560x1080.

I defined virtual 1.5 x supersampled resolution (DSR) in Nvidia panel : 3840x1620 to use in ED.

Then I turn FSR on and it does it's downscaling thing when needed, and when GPU has reserves I get native or even 1.x supersampled resolution, like in good old EDH.

I do realize it introduces additional resizing/rescaling step, but this is not an issue on GTX 2070s.

Last edited:
How is it the wrong thread??? Seriously what! I used Star Citizen as an example. Clearly, you used my post to harass me...

You used the phrase 'White Knights' in your post. You're clearly, using your own definition, harassing anyone that disagrees with you.

The rest of the forum is here >>> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/categories/elite-dangerous/
However, I'd suggest you give it a miss as it'll probably deeply upset you.

Top Bottom